nicknames for Sedona?? help!

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone could think of some nice nicknames for the girl name [name]Sedona[/name], because it really is growing on me, despite the car comments which dont bother me in the slightest

But nicknames seem to be an issue because Sed is very unattractive…i was think [name]Ona[/name]? or add an extra o and make it [name]Oona[/name]? or is that a big stretch?
any input on nicknames or the name itself would be greatly appreciated

thank you!!

You know, I think it’s the kind of name that just doesn’t lend itself well to a nickname. You can stretch one out of anything, really, but sometimes it feels a bit too forced. I think it’s pretty all on its own, and not so long or frilly or formal that a nickname is strictly required (although I’m a big fan of nicknames, admittedly). You could always do like my parents, and pick a nickname that had absolutely no root in her given name! Half the time, I call my daughter Pidge (like Pigeon), which is not derivative of her name in any way!

1 Like

Pidge is cute :slight_smile:
[name]How[/name] about [name]Sid[/name], the old-man name? I know a [name]Federica[/name] who goes by [name]Fred[/name]. Not [name]Fed[/name], [name]Fred[/name]. And I think it’s pretty snappy. I think [name]Oona[/name] might be a stretch, but it is lovely. [name]Ona[/name] would work easily… but I agree. [name]Oona[/name] is cooler. Ooh how about [name]Dodo[/name]?! Like the dodo bird! [name]Don[/name]'t think about the extinction part, think [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland!

[name]Nona[/name] makes sense to me, even though it adds an N, it seems like a logical nn

1 Like

[name]How[/name] about [name]Donna[/name]?

1 Like

[name]Sedona[/name]…hmm…

…Oni
…[name]Nan[/name]
…[name]Doe[/name]
…[name]Sadie[/name]
…or like Snacktress suggested, pull a totally new name from thin air :slight_smile: It’s your baby, do what feels right!

I have a friend whose name is [name]Sedona[/name], and all of her nicknames are completely unrelated to her name. [name]Sedona[/name] is gorgeous though, I highly recommend it!

I love [name]Sedona[/name]! I like [name]Sid[/name], [name]Nonie[/name], or [name]Sadie[/name] as nicknames.

[name]Sadie[/name] came to my mind. Doni maybe? Pronounced Doh-nee. Maybe you can use a completely different nickname like [name]Scout[/name] or something. I like [name]Sedona[/name]. PP comment of [name]Nonie[/name] works too.

I think [name]Sonny[/name] might be cute (pr like sunny) (or sony too I guess)

I thought of [name]Sadie[/name] first, then [name]Dani[/name] (multiple spellings of that one possible). I really like [name]Nona[/name], though.

I like [name]Sadie[/name] as a nick name for [name]Sedona[/name]/[name]Sedonia[/name]!

My daughters name is [name]Sedona[/name] and her young cousins and friends who couldn’t pronounce it took to calling her baby [name]Dona[/name] (dough-na). [name]One[/name] cousin still calls her donuts! My DH and I call her a variety of unrelated nicknames. I call her [name]Sissy[/name] D a lot because her middle name is [name]Dawn[/name]. I love her name and am so glad we went with it, it certainly matches her to a T! Good luck

[name_f]Sedona[/name_f] is a perfect name. I’m partial to boy nicknames for girls so I think [name_m]Donnie[/name_m] would be great

[name_f]Sedona[/name_f] is a nice name and I like it :slight_smile: List of nicknames:

Sia
[name_f]Donna[/name_f]
[name_f]Sena[/name_f]
[name_f]Dina[/name_f] ([name_f]Dina[/name_f] Lohans full name is [name_f]Donata[/name_f])
[name_f]Dia[/name_f]

I like the suggestion of [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]

Hey! [name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Sedona[/name_f]. Here are some nicknames I’ve grown up with.
[name_f]Dodie[/name_f] (mom calls me this)
[name_f]Dodie[/name_f] bear (v embarrassing when all my soccer teammates call me that due to my mom cheering me on with that nn :joy::sob:)
[name_f]Dona[/name_f] (Friends call me this)
Sed (bf calls me this)
[name_m]Sid[/name_m] (dad calls me this)

FYI people always mispronounce my name. Like it is surprising when the people at the dentist, doctor, or school call it out correctly. [name_m]Just[/name_m] a warning. It is a good conversation starter though.