Nicknames for September???

My husband and I have decided that [name_f]September[/name_f] will be the name of our daughter. He loves that name like I do (it hold personal significance for us both) but he has reservations about it being used in the every day, and i myself love a solid nickname.

So!! Does anyone have good nicknames for [name_f]September[/name_f]? I’ve seen [name_u]Ember[/name_u], Tember, and [name_f]Emmie[/name_f]. But, I’m hoping for something that feels like a short name, preferably that starts with an S but not necessarily. Since the month was named to be the seventh month (think [name_m]Septimus[/name_m]), maybe there are names that mean “seventh,” (like [name_u]Quincy[/name_u] means “fifth”)? I have no idea, but I would love to see what y’all come up with. Please and thank you!

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] perhaps? You could get away with Sebby as well. I adore [name_u]Ember[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

[name_f]September[/name_f] nicknames:
Sessie
Sessa
Setta
Semme, Semmie
Temmy
[name_f]Emme[/name_f] / [name_f]Em[/name_f]
Eppa
[name_f]Eppie[/name_f]
Sep
Seppa

I like Seppa, Semmie, and [name_f]Eppie[/name_f]!

[name_u]Seven[/name_u]
Svenja (sounds a bit similar to [name_f]September[/name_f] and [name_u]Seven[/name_u] combined - it’s pronounced as sven-ya, and is the feminine form of [name_m]Sven[/name_m])
Tem/[name_m]Temp[/name_m]/[name_u]Tempo[/name_u]
[name_u]Timber[/name_u]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]/[name_f]Nona[/name_f] ([name_f]Nona[/name_f] means ninth…to represent that [name_f]September[/name_f] is now the ninth month of the year…and I threw [name_f]Nina[/name_f] in too because it’s similar)

I really like the previous suggestions of Sep and [name_f]Emme[/name_f].

Would [name_f]Tess[/name_f] be too much of a stretch?

I just finished a book with a character called Timby. I think it’s a cute name and could be a great nickname for [name_f]September[/name_f]

Sephie, maybe?

[name_u]Berry[/name_u], [name_f]Emmie[/name_f], [name_f]Em[/name_f], [name_u]Ember[/name_u], Sep, [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], [name_f]Tessie[/name_f], [name_f]Bess[/name_f], [name_f]Bessie[/name_f], [name_f]Betty[/name_f], [name_m]Seb[/name_m], [name_f]Ses[/name_f], [name_f]Cece[/name_f], [name_f]Essie[/name_f], [name_f]Ettie[/name_f]…sorry, I know some of these are a bit of a stretch, but they could work. :smiley:

I love [name_f]Tess[/name_f] as a nn for it!

I know a [name_f]September[/name_f] who goes by Seppie and [name_u]Ember[/name_u].

Echoing the suggestion of [name_f]Tess[/name_f]—great idea!

Also like [name_f]Emmie[/name_f] and the suggestions of [name_f]Bess[/name_f], [name_f]Eppie[/name_f] and [name_u]Berry[/name_u].

What about Peppa? (Or is Peppa Pig popular where you are?) Or Sevvy/Sevy/Sevie (as in seven)? [name_f]Epsie[/name_f]? Ebby?

[name_u]Seren[/name_u]*
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_u]Berry[/name_u]
[name_f]Cece[/name_f]/[name_f]Cissy[/name_f]
[name_f]Star[/name_f]*
[name_f]Selah[/name_f]
[name_f]Sora[/name_f]
[name_f]Teri[/name_f]
[name_u]Steph[/name_u]
[name_u]Bay[/name_u]

Sember!

I love that it’s like a contraction for the full name. It’s cute, it’s interesting, and it’s not a stretch.

I like [name_u]Seven[/name_u], Settie and Sember.

Thanks everyone!!!

I’m stuck between Timby (Temby), Seppie, and [name_f]Nona[/name_f].

Y’all had such wonderful suggestions :slight_smile:

I read a book once and the main character was called [name_f]September[/name_f] [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f], she was Temmie which is so cute