Nicknames for "the Second" (II)

We’re considering naming our son after his grandfather in which case he would be _______, II. I’m searching for cool/unusual nicknames referencing the Second. I’d love to find something that ages better than “[name_m]Skip[/name_m]”! I just thought of “[name_m]Twain[/name_m]” - could that work?? What other ideas do you like?

Thanks!

Well, where I live boys who ar enamed after their grandfathers are given the title of Nieto (grandson, literally) in their first name, where the numeral or “junior” would be. Example: [name_m]Juan[/name_m] [name_m]Enrique[/name_m] de Castro Nieto. In Catalan it would be Nét and in Portugal it would be Neto, which I think has a nicer ring to it, as -o ending names are stylish right now.

I would think more of trying for a different name from within his name, like if his name is [name_m]John[/name_m] like grandpa’s and grandpa goes by [name_m]Johnny[/name_m] he could go by [name_m]Jack[/name_m] or [name_u]Jay[/name_u], or if grandfather’s name is [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] “[name_u]Phil[/name_u]”, for instance, he could be PJ, [name_m]Pip[/name_m], [name_m]Pippin[/name_m], [name_m]Joe[/name_m] or something like Zep, Zip or Zeph which is quite cool.

I like [name_m]Twain[/name_m]. The first nickname that came to mind for me is [name_m]Dewey[/name_m], like deux. It’s pretty old-fashioned but still cute.