Nikita

What are your thoughts on [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] for a boy? I’ve thinking about it a lot lately. I’ve always liked [name_u]Nikita[/name_u], and to me it’s been always more male than female, but how do you feel about this? Would you assume a little [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] was a girl, or a boy? Or is it truly unisex? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like the name in general?

I love [name_u]Nikita[/name_u]! I think of it as unisex but maybe leaning a little on the masculine side. It’s such a wonderful name.

2 Likes

When I saw the title I assumed for a girl (maybe because of -ita ending) but it definitely works for a boy!

2 Likes

I really like it, but it does make me think of [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] Kruschev. I’m sure I’d quickly get over the association if I knew a real life [name_u]Nikita[/name_u], though.

It does have an incredibly cool and distinctive sound, and [name_u]Niko[/name_u] or [name_u]Kit[/name_u]/Kita would be awesome for short.

I’d assume a male [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] had Russian/other eastern European heritage but I think of it as a relatively unisex name - the onky [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] I’ve ever met was female

2 Likes

Same here!

1 Like

This is how I feel as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

At present moment, the name reminds me of [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] Dragun, so if feels slightly feminine to me!
However, it’s also very unisex, so I absolutely can picture it on any gender.
I think [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] is such a cool name, and I love the nickname possibilities of [name_u]Kit[/name_u] and [name_u]Niko[/name_u]!

1 Like

Nikita feels unisex to me. I like it

1 Like

The one [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] I know is a boy (though he was [name_f]Indian[/name_f] and not Russian as far as I was aware) so I’ve always associated it with a boy but I can see it as unisex. I think it’s a cool sounding name regardless if on a boy or girl.

1 Like

As a Russophile, personally, I know [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] is a male name but in the [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking world i think most people would mistake it for a female name. Also i associate it with former Soviet Premier [name_u]Nikita[/name_u] Khrushchev. But it depends on how much you love it as to whether or not that’s okay with you.

1 Like

I knew a boy named [name_u]Nikita[/name_u]. Because of this, I think of it as truly unisex.

1 Like

I know 2 female Nikitas so to me it’s a girl name, but if I remember correctly you’re from northern Europe where it could definitely be a boy name.

1 Like