Nina as the nickname or full?

I really love [name_f]Nina[/name_f]. I think it’s simple and chic, and I can just imagine having a daughter named [name_f]Nina[/name_f].
However, SO’s favourite name (and one that he’s made me fall in love with as well) is [name_f]Saskia[/name_f], which feels more formal/elaborate.
Therefore I’m wondering if there is a longer name where [name_f]Nina[/name_f] could be the nickname, giving her choice? What names do you think could work? (I’m pretty open to nicknames that are a ‘stretch’- as you can tell from my sig!)
Thanks

Just an additional thought- is Nina as a nn for Annika completely ridiculous?

I like [name_f]Nina[/name_f], and I think it could work as a full name.

Or, for suggestions:

[name_f]Antonina[/name_f] (or [name_f]Antonia[/name_f])
[name_f]Zenina[/name_f]
[name_f]Katrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_f]Ninita[/name_f]

You could probably use any name that contains “[name_f]Nia[/name_f]” or “[name_f]Nina[/name_f]”, as a first name or middle and it could work. My favorite would be [name_f]Antonina[/name_f], and I knew an [name_f]Antonina[/name_f] that went by both [name_f]Nina[/name_f] and [name_f]Antonina[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] & [name_f]Nina[/name_f] work really well together, they both have a [name_m]German[/name_m]/Dutch vibe to me.
If I’d use [name_f]Nina[/name_f] as a nickname, I’d probably go for something quirkier rather than elaborate, the one name that I could think of that fits that bill and works really well with [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] while also having “[name_f]Nina[/name_f]” as a nickname is [name_f]Leonie[/name_f].

[name_f]Nina[/name_f] should be the full name

I think [name_f]Nina[/name_f] should just be a nickname.

I love [name_f]Nina[/name_f] as a full name, and it really doesn’t feel like a nickname too me. That’s not to say it can’t be a nickname, just that I wouldn’t think twice about meeting a formal [name_f]Nina[/name_f].

I like the previous suggestions of [name_f]Leonie[/name_f], [name_f]Katrina[/name_f] and [name_f]Antonia[/name_f]. I would also suggest [name_f]Carina[/name_f] and [name_f]Ines[/name_f].

[name_f]Nina[/name_f] works as a full name.

I adore [name_f]Nina[/name_f] and both a nickname or stand alone. I had a friend called [name_f]Nina[/name_f] (full name), btw, and she wears the name just fine. [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] and [name_f]Nina[/name_f] sound awesome together.

[name_f]Nina[/name_f] is fine on its own, but I prefer it as a nickname. It can be used for any name containing [name_f]Nina[/name_f], and there are so many. [name_f]Janina[/name_f] is pretty and unusual, but there are a lot, and it depends upon your preferred style.

I prefer it as a nickname, although [name_f]Nina[/name_f] has a middle aged sort of vibe to me though. Not sure why, I have never met a [name_f]Nina[/name_f] really.

I like [name_f]Nina[/name_f] as a nn for [name_f]Annika[/name_f]!

I love [name_f]Nina[/name_f] as a full name but it does work as a nickname for [name_f]Annika[/name_f] too. I also like the suggestions of [name_f]Antonina[/name_f]/ [name_f]Antonia[/name_f].

I only know it as a full name (minus [name_f]Nina[/name_f] Dobrev whose name is Nikolina), it just seems bizarre to try and get a longer version to get to [name_f]Nina[/name_f]. [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] and [name_f]Nina[/name_f] make a great sibset.

I prefer [name_f]Nina[/name_f] in full and I think she sounds great as a sister for [name_f]Saskia[/name_f]. I don’t really find [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] that formal to be honest. I do think [name_f]Nina[/name_f] can work for [name_f]Annika[/name_f].

I really like [name_f]Nina[/name_f] as a stand alone name, and [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] and [name_f]Nina[/name_f] would make a great sibset.

I love [name_f]Nina[/name_f] as a standalone name. I only knew one girl with it growing up and I always loved it. If you’re going to use it as a nickname, I think any name that has Ni- or -[name_f]Ina[/name_f] in it could work.

[name_f]Nina[/name_f] as a nickname is better. [name_f]Nina[/name_f] is a cute nickname but i don’t think i would ever use it as a full name. It could be a nickname for the name [name_f]Antonia[/name_f],which i love. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helped xxx

[name_f]Nina[/name_f] as the full name!

I am normally someone who likes complex 3 or 4 syllable names with nicknames. However, I like Nina as simply Nina. I think this is because even though Nina can be a short form for Giannina and Antonina neither of these names is widely or historically used. Also these names are pet forms of other names, I guess since I’m so pro nickname I go back to the more traditional version.

[name_f]Saskia[/name_f] and [name_f]Nina[/name_f] are PERFECT together! Both are elegant, international, timeless, and more classic than they’re given credit for. A dream team!