NN for Sterling?

I recently heard a girl named [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] on a tv show, and recently met a college guy with the name. It’s one I want to add to my list, but am not sure if I like it for a boy or a girl.
I love names that have nn options, but am having trouble coming up with nns for [name_u]Sterling[/name_u].

[name_m]Even[/name_m] though it’s may not be your style, please keep it to yourself and let me know if you can think of any nns.

I can’t think of any myself, but there is a guy on the MTV show Ridiculousness named [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] and he goes by Steelo.

Some people call my dad Ster. I suspect you could go with Star as well.

I think the nickname Ling is cute. Sterl. Ste or [name_f]Lin[/name_f] ( pronounced like [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]) are also cute

if you think of any more please share!

One f the great things about [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] is that it doesn’t need a nickname, [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

[name_u]Steel[/name_u]
Stir
Stirl
Strls
[name_u]Lee[/name_u]

I went to school with a boy named [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] and most people called him Ster. Fair warning, he was also called Ster-fry.

I’ve met both a boy and a girl name [name_u]Sterling[/name_u]. I have a horrible association with the girl, so I prefer it on a boy. He usually just went by [name_u]Sterling[/name_u], but his girlfriend and close friends would call him Ster. His buddies called him ster-fry as well.

I love [name_u]Sterling[/name_u]! I have never considered it for a girl, I suppose it could go either way but I prefer it as a boy’s name. Yeah the only nn I can think of are Ster or Ling, which I do not like, I think I would simply call him [name_u]Sterling[/name_u].