Nn Van full name?

Alot of people suggested [name]Vaughn[/name]. I actually really like [name]Vaughn[/name]. However is the [name]Vaughn[/name], [name]Vaughan[/name], or [name]Vaughen[/name] spelling better? Im not a big fan of [name]Donovan[/name] or [name]Sullivan[/name] though…are there any other full name possiblities for [name]Van[/name]?

[name]Evan[/name] or [name]Evander[/name] come to mind as possible sources of a “[name]Van[/name]” nickname.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like really simple and I think [name]Von[/name] is better…because if you’re going to call it that name then might as well just keep it that short. But I like the o opposed to the a because well it looks like the vehicle van…but as for the choice name I love [name]Von[/name], for sure.

Straight away I thought of [name]Donovan[/name]. I know a great guy with this name.

Also one of my favourite names at the moment is [name]Sullivan[/name].

Either name could be shortened to ‘van’

Behind the Names suggests [name]Vaughn[/name] is the original spelling, and [name]Vaughan[/name] is a variant. [name]Vaughen[/name] looks weird and isn’t listed at all. The page will go to the entry for [name]Vaughan[/name], which will link to [name]Vaughn[/name] also. They are really both ok, but if you want the primary spelling and not the legitimate variant, [name]VAUGHN[/name]. Nameberry seems to give them equal legitimacy and I think that it’s a matter of preference. It’s a familiar name, but he will probably be spelling it for people a lot.

I do prefer [name]Donovan[/name] over [name]Sullivan[/name], but if you don’t like either, I think [name]Vaughn[/name] is also a good idea. Nameberry’s entry for the name says it’s a good alternative if you like [name]Sean[/name]. I think [name]Van[/name] is definitely only a nickname, but it’s a pretty easy nickname, like [name]Dan[/name] or [name]Jack[/name], slightly quirkier but not too “out there.”

[name]Evan[/name] is of course quite a lot more mainstream; I don’t like [name]Evander[/name] so much, it’s the name of a boxer, it sounds quite referential to me, and aside from that, kind of trying too hard. [name]Vance[/name] might be another option, means “marsh; fen,” nice ways of saying “swamp” I think! I think [name]Vance[/name] is otherwise close to [name]Vince[/name] or [name]Vincent[/name] that it won’t seem too crazy. It has the short sound of one-syllable [name]Van[/name], but it’s finished off into a complete name that doesn’t sound like it’s just a nickname, and may be easier to spell than [name]Vaughn[/name], if you like how it sounds.

[name]Evander[/name] immediately came to my mind, too. I think it works better than [name]Donovan[/name], [name]Sullivan[/name], or [name]Evan[/name] because the “van” part is stressed in [name]Evander[/name], making it seem like a natural nickname.

I like both names, they are underused and sound cool. [name]Van[/name] is a full name but since you want something longer, [name]Vance[/name] or [name]Evander[/name] would work. [name]Vaughn[/name] is the spelling I like best.

I like [name]Sullivan[/name] and [name]Evander[/name], but I think the nickname [name]Van[/name] feels most natural for [name]Evander[/name], because the ‘van’ part is stressed.

The first names that came to my mind were [name]Sullivan[/name], [name]Evan[/name] and [name]Ivan[/name]

I agree with [name]Jill[/name]… go with [name]Evan[/name].

Funny story, actually. I have neighbors who have a 3 year old little boy named [name]Evan[/name]. The dad wanted to name him [name]Van[/name] because it sounded cool with their last name. So his wife compromised and they named him [name]Evan[/name]. He’s the cutest little boy, and his dad calls him [name]Van[/name] sometimes.