Nn's for Esther?

My husband and I are expecting our first! We don’t know what the gender is yet, so we are still discussing boy and girl names. Boy names we are set on, girl names not so much. We want biblical names, and my husband keeps coming back to [name]Esther[/name]. [name]Esther[/name] is pretty, and I love the [name]Esther[/name] in the Bible. But, I’m just not in love with it. I’m trying to convince him of [name]Cassia[/name]. :slight_smile:

I’m thinking that maybe if I found a cool nickname for [name]Esther[/name], I’d like it more. The only nicknames I could think of were [name]Essie[/name] and [name]Tess[/name], but I’m not in love with either. What are your suggestions?

I like vintage names so [name]Esther[/name] is appealing to me. I’ve seen the following nn’s for [name]Esther[/name]: [name]Estee[/name], [name]Etta[/name], [name]Essie[/name] and [name]Hettie[/name].

[name]Esther[/name] is such a pretty name)) As a nn I’m thinking of [name]Esti[/name] and Eree.

My husband and I are the same way. We have no trouble with boy Biblical names but are having trouble with girls.
At first, I liked the place names: [name]Magdalyn[/name], [name]Eden[/name], [name]Bethany[/name]. I’m starting to think of [name]Lois[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name], maybe [name]Susannah[/name], [name]Tabitha[/name] or [name]Miriam[/name].
[name]Esther[/name] is beautiful and has a great story. [name]Essie[/name] and [name]Tess[/name] are good nicknames, but I can’t think of any more.

I adore [name]Esther[/name]. Would seriously consider it myself, only it doesn’t work with our last name. I like [name]Estie[/name] as a NN.

I like [name]Estee[/name] as a nn, [name]Estee[/name] is the French variant of [name]Esther[/name].

I thought of [name]Essie[/name] or [name]Star[/name] (since [name]Esther[/name] supposedly means “star”).

Maybe [name]Teri[/name]? Or Steri? I really like [name]Cassia[/name].

I like [name]Esther[/name]! I really like [name]Cassia[/name], too. What about something like [name]Esther[/name] [name]Cassia[/name] or [name]Cassia[/name] [name]Esther[/name]?

I’ve always liked Estey (like ST) as a nn for [name]Esther[/name], but [name]Tera[/name]/[name]Tara[/name] could work, too. I love the option of [name]Tess[/name] in your OP!

I had an English teacher in college that named her daughter [name]Esther[/name] and called her [name]Stella[/name] because apparently I think it was [name]Jonathon[/name] Swift wrote to his wife named [name]Esther[/name] and called her [name]Stella[/name] so I have always liked the idea of calling [name]Esther[/name], [name]Stella[/name] :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone for your thoughts!!!