Noah or Noel?

See the results of this poll: Which is your favorite?!

Respondents: 23 (This poll is closed)

• Noah Matteo: 12 (52%)
  • Noel Matthew: 11 (48%)

[name]Noel[/name] is all girl to me. I really like [name]Noah[/name], and it goes nicely with [name]Alia[/name].

I like [name]Noel[/name] and don’t find it feminine if pronounced like [name]Joel[/name] or [name]Cole[/name]…If pronounced like [name]Christmas[/name] in French it would need to look like No”l to be pronounced No-elle. [name]Noelle[/name] looks feminine to me not [name]Noel[/name]. That being said, I like [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Noel[/name] but I think [name]Noel[/name] is a little more fresh sounding and less popular.

I like [name]Noah[/name] better than [name]Noel[/name], but like the flow of [name]Noah[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] better than [name]Noah[/name] [name]Matteo[/name].

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I prefer [name]Noel[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]…or [name]Noel[/name] [name]Matteo[/name]!

While [name]Noah[/name] is a lovely name, it’s very popular. I have an acquaintance that loved [name]Noel[/name], but was worried about the No-el… so her son became [name]Nolan[/name] [name]David[/name] and they call him Nol…

Obviously, when they see your son, they’ll know he’s not a No-el…

I love both names, but I love the name [name]Noel[/name]! Wanted to use it if my DD (with a Dec bday) were a boy.
I did know a girl named [name]Noel[/name] (pronounced [name]Nole[/name]). I think it’s a bit more unique than [name]Noah[/name], so may pair better with your unique girl name, but both are great.

I like [name]Noel[/name] better ([name]Noah[/name] is just so trendy), but I think the middle name [name]Matteo[/name] would work better with [name]Noel[/name]. I don’t like [name]Matthew[/name] very much.

[name]Both[/name] names are lovely but I prefer [name]Noel[/name].

I voted for [name]Noah[/name] [name]Matteo[/name], but then realized that I like [name]Matteo[/name] [name]Noel[/name] :slight_smile:

I first voted for [name]Noah[/name], but have changed my vote to [name]Noel[/name] after reading your note because I think [name]Noah[/name] is too matchy with [name]Alia[/name].

I think [name]Noel[/name] has become too feminine. [name]Noah[/name] is popular but is a Biblical classic and that trumps any trendiness. If your choice is really just between these two names, to me there’s no contest; it has to be [name]Noah[/name].

[name]Noah[/name] [name]Matteo[/name]. My son is [name]Noah[/name] [name]Michael[/name]. I just think [name]Noah[/name] [name]Matteo[/name] or [name]Noah[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] goes well with your daughter’s name… Good luck & Congrats

[name]Noel[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] gets my vote. [name]Noah[/name] is too popular for my tastes right now but is otherwise nice as well. As for [name]Noel[/name] being too feminine, both it and the feminine version [name]Noelle[/name] ranked in the 400’s last year for their respective genders ([name]Noel[/name] was not in the top 1,000 on the girl’s side); thus I think that [name]Noel[/name] is still masculine enough for a boy.