Noobie here- Looking for a name that a little boy grows into as a MAN.

I’m gonna be a daddy potentially, and I have told my wife numerous times that i want a name that a “little boy can grow into”. What i mean, is, I love strong, leadership-centric, victorious sounding, [name_m]Thor[/name_m]‘s cousin type of names haha. I’m saying #300 [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m]’ twins name. Strong names that boys can look up and feel tough and macho and feel like they have something to look forward to. *disclaimer- first post, had a few drinks, would love your inputs!

What about [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_m]Thor[/name_m], [name_m]Perseus[/name_m], [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_m]Valiant[/name_m], [name_m]George[/name_m], [name_m]William[/name_m], Faramond…

[name_m]Victor[/name_m] springs to mind… strong, manly, but classic and well-established as a name. And [name_u]Vic[/name_u] is one tough nickname!

Other names that sound manly to me include:
[name_m]Bruce[/name_m] (think [name_m]Robert[/name_m] [name_m]Bruce[/name_m], [name_m]Bruce[/name_m] [name_m]Willis[/name_m], etc)
[name_m]Butch[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Clyde[/name_m]
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m]
[name_m]Gage[/name_m]
[name_m]Gordon[/name_m]
[name_u]Harley[/name_u]
[name_m]Joaquin[/name_m]
[name_m]Jason[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Kingston[/name_m]
[name_m]Lance[/name_m]
[name_u]Lee[/name_u]
[name_m]Luther[/name_m]
[name_m]Maximus[/name_m]
[name_m]Nestor[/name_m]
[name_m]Regis[/name_m] (means 'king")
[name_m]Romulus[/name_m]
[name_m]Samson[/name_m]
[name_m]Sylvester[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]

These names all seem to me like men who permit no liberties. Good luck!

(Sorry for any repeats)

Alberich, [name_m]Abraham[/name_m], [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m], [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], [name_m]Bruin[/name_m], [name_m]Cato[/name_m], [name_m]Henrik[/name_m], [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m], [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_m]Maverick[/name_m], [name_m]Maximus[/name_m], [name_m]Merrick[/name_m], [name_m]Noble[/name_m], [name_m]Odysseus[/name_m], [name_m]Ozias[/name_m], [name_m]Rainier[/name_m], [name_u]Rex[/name_u], [name_m]Sampson[/name_m], Stelian, [name_m]Thorin[/name_m], [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m], [name_m]Valor[/name_m], [name_m]Victor[/name_m], [name_m]Viggo[/name_m], [name_m]Xerxes[/name_m], [name_m]Zebediah[/name_m]?

I think the meaning of the name, or any namesake, is not nearly as important as how the name comes off, if you know what I mean. For example, [name_m]Perseus[/name_m] is a strong heroic character in Greek mythology, but an interest in Greek mythology (and therefore the name [name_m]Perseus[/name_m]) has more of an intellectual, bookish, introverted vibe in my opinion. If you are looking for a strong, no-nonsense image, then I would avoid names that seem frilly or extravagant.

I would also hope that you are prepared for the fact that any sons you may have might not willingly conform to the masculine gender stereotypes you describe. I really hope you wouldn’t be pushing that sort of personality onto them if they turned out to be gentle, non-competitive, sensitive or quiet souls. For that reason I would also avoid overtly macho names like [name_m]Butch[/name_m] and [name_m]Thor[/name_m], because they may be a total mismatch with a real boy’s personality. It’s a really great idea to try and pick a name that a boy can grow into a man with, as long as you take into account that there is more than one way to be a man.

I think [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is a great suggestion, meaning ‘defender of men’ and a solid, strong image. Also second [name_m]Victor[/name_m], [name_m]Jason[/name_m] and [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]! Those and other classic names sound the most no-nonsense, ‘leader’ type names to me, because they fit a boy or a man no matter what he is like and allow him to grow into his own self. Others that seem strong and very masculine to me without crossing over into hyper-macho territory (although some are maybe a bit ‘boring’):

[name_m]Alec[/name_m]
[name_m]Axel[/name_m]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u]

[name_f]Edit[/name_f]: Also second [name_u]Rex[/name_u]!

Also a fan of [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], and [name_m]Clive[/name_m], [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m], Ashford, Ariston, [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m], [name_m]Desmond[/name_m], [name_m]Rupert[/name_m], [name_m]Clark[/name_m], and [name_u]Winslow[/name_u].

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Maximus[/name_m], [name_u]Orion[/name_u], [name_m]Apollo[/name_m], [name_m]Zeus[/name_m], Aires…

Sorry for repeats:

[name_m]Roman[/name_m]
[name_m]Penn[/name_m]
[name_m]Lennox[/name_m]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m]
[name_m]Vaughn[/name_m]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_m]Fredrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]

[name_m]Vlad[/name_m] either on it’s own or [name_m]Vladimir[/name_m]. It’s a strong Eastern European vibe to be sure, but I don’t think anybody is going to try beating up on a [name_m]Vlad[/name_m], do you?

thanks for all the responses! you guys all rock!

[name_m]Thor[/name_m] is on our list, very high up there I may add.
[name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] is as well.
Names of the God’s you may consider:
[name_m]Perseus[/name_m]
[name_m]Ajax[/name_m]
Dagr
Kronos
[name_m]Morpheus[/name_m]
[name_m]Titan[/name_m]
Tritan
[name_m]Zeus[/name_m]
Zetes
Fitch