Nora? Iris? any boy names? help?!

[name]Hi[/name] there-
I’ve been scouring these boards for months and thought that surely I wouldn’t end up needing to post asking for help- but here we are 9 weeks out from my due date completely unsettled on names. This is #3 for us- we have [name]Corban[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] and [name]Cate[/name] [name]Taylor[/name] already. We didn’t find out the gender of this baby, which is making the naming process that much harder. :slight_smile:
The only thing we’re pretty settled on is [name]James[/name] for a middle name, either boy or girl. I lost my little brother due to brain cancer last [name]October[/name] and want to use his name. Other than that… I could be swayed away from our current ‘list’ fairly easily. Also, no more ‘C’ names.
For girls, right now it’s between [name]Nora[/name] or [name]Iris[/name]. I was saying for sure [name]Nora[/name], but now I’m afraid it sounds too similar to [name]Corban[/name], with having the ‘or a’ in it. What do you think? Any girl suggestions?
The ONLY boy name I’ve liked this pregnancy is [name]Asher[/name], but my husband doesn’t like it. We momentarily liked [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Liam[/name], and [name]Declan[/name] but they’ve been ruled out, too.
Any ideas for me? I’m starting to feel a little bit panicked, as there are zero boy names on our current list! Yikes! Help me, please!! :slight_smile:

I love both [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Nora[/name]! I think [name]Nora[/name] sounds wonderful with the names of your other kids.
I don’t think you can go wrong either way but if you’re leaning toward [name]Nora[/name], go for it. We sound like we have very similar taste in names so here are some of my favorite boy names…

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Theo[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Oren[/name]
[name]Weston[/name]

I do find [name]Corban[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] a little too similar in sound, with the or, a and n. I like [name]Iris[/name] though. Too bad about [name]Asher[/name] because I love it! Other ideas:

[name]Corban[/name], [name]Cate[/name] and
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] (maybe too short with [name]Miles[/name] [name]James[/name])
[name]Alec[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]

[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Keira[/name] (ok, it’s not a C!)
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Maya[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] - I really like this with [name]Cate[/name]!

Good luck

I’ve been crushing on [name]Nora[/name] lately, so maybe I’m not a good person to ask. Of course I’m going to say that [name]Nora[/name] is fine with [name]Corban[/name]. Actually, I think that is true. [name]Iris[/name] is pretty cool too, but to me [name]Nora[/name] is more of a classic and will wear better.

I like [name]Silas[/name], as does, it would seem, everyone else. Someone in my family recently used [name]Archer[/name], and I’m in love with this name. It is so fresh, so distinctive for a “er” name. Another favorite is [name]Theo[/name]. Adorable. And [name]Theodore[/name] [name]James[/name] is great. With either [name]Theo[/name] or [name]Edward[/name], you would have the darling nn [name]Teddy[/name].

Thanks, ladies!
I totally think this baby is a girl, so it’s hard to even really consider boy names-- I just can’t get into it! We do really like [name]Owen[/name]… we’ve talked about it off and on this pregnancy. Only real reservation with it is the popularity, but I myself know no baby [name]Owens[/name] (and it didn’t keep us from using [name]Cate[/name]). [name]Silas[/name] is out b/c it’s the name of my best friends son. And my husband vetoed [name]Theodore[/name] very quickly- even though it IS his grandfathers name. :slight_smile: I told him he’s just about to lose his veto card. :slight_smile:
I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] (though I prefer [name]Aliza[/name]), but again, it’s a close friends daughter. [name]Emilia[/name] has been on and off the list with all pregnancies, but we never seem settled with it. Other than that, I’ve got nothin’.
Any other suggestions for me? [name]Corban[/name], [name]Cate[/name] and…
It’s making me crazy being so undecided!! :slight_smile: Thanks again for your help!