Norris Nuts names?!

There is a Olympic bronze medal swimmer called [name_m]Justin[/name_m] [name_u]Norris[/name_u] who is also father of a family of surfers, who (on social media) are called The [name_u]Norris[/name_u] Nuts.

Names:
[name_f]Sabre[/name_f] [name_f]Elle[/name_f]
Sockie [name_u]Jay[/name_u](real name: Cerrus)
Biggy Cee(real name: Coda)
Naz [name_f]Bee[/name_f]
Disco [name_m]Baz[/name_m]
Charm [name_m]Zed[/name_m]

Names they considered:
[name_u]Beat[/name_u]
Tap
Sink
Milky
Rave
[name_u]Lucky[/name_u]
[name_m]Neon[/name_m]
[name_u]Baby[/name_u]
Six
[name_m]Chip[/name_m]
[name_u]Ocean[/name_u]

Names that would have been cool to consider:
[name_u]Rhythm[/name_u]
Symbol
[name_f]Answer[/name_f]
Wave
[name_m]Tide[/name_m]
[name_m]Sextus[/name_m]
[name_f]Star[/name_f]
Shark

1 Like

Iā€¦ ummā€¦ interesting names.

5 Likes

the only one I donā€™t mind is [name_f]Sabre[/name_f] [name_f]Elle[/name_f]. The others are just way too out there for me.

1 Like

Wow they are something!

Some are alright [name_u]Ocean[/name_u], [name_f]Sabre[/name_f] [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_u]Lucky[/name_u] & [name_m]Tide[/name_m] but the rest are a bit too much to handle

1 Like

These would be cute twins :joy:

In all seriousness I like [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] and [name_m]Tide[/name_m]. [name_f]Sabre[/name_f] isnā€™t my style but I donā€™t mind it. But Disco? ā€¦Milky?? Hmm.

1 Like

I love that they just didnā€™t care about how their names were perceived. They donā€™t make a show of them or explain them up so we can find them acceptableā€” their names are their names. I think thatā€™s awesome.

They are a really cute family, and hearing them call each other their names in such a regular way is super normalizing. Disco was out there until it was attached to a child, and Charm really isnā€™t that odd either! Biggy & Sockie are believable nicknames that youā€™d ā€œearnā€ as a child.

tbh whenever Iā€™m like ā€œthis name will never work,ā€ I do think of families like the [name_u]Norris[/name_u] Nuts and then Iā€™m like ā€œthe only rules are those we subject ourselves to.ā€ And then I add [name_f]Afternoon[/name_f] to my list and I am happy.

6 Likes

I feel the same! They seem like such a fun and light-hearted family. All props to them, honestly.

2 Likes

I really donā€™t mind [name_f]Sabre[/name_f], [name_m]Neon[/name_m], Coda, and [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] at all! Actually, Coda is a guilty pleasure name of mine. Thatā€™s a musical term and I think thatā€™s really cool. Six is also neat, I love the name [name_u]Seven[/name_u] and itā€™s a huge GP! Most of these names are not for me, thoughā€” too out there for my personal taste.

1 Like

Well I think the names they used are okay. Some I like more than others, but all seem wearable to the right person imo.

Though Iam glad they didnā€™t use most of the names they considered. Sink?!

1 Like

I actually really like Charm, Naz and [name_f]Sabre[/name_f] :grin:

I believe they considered Ripple too which is kind of cute

Theyā€™re definitely brave namers

3 Likes

These were my exact thoughts when I stumbled across them on YouTubeā€¦

1 Like

I like [name_f]Sabre[/name_f] (although only spelled [name_m]Saber[/name_m] because [name_f]Sabre[/name_f] looks like sab-ray to me lol) and Charm is absolutely adorable!

1 Like

@bellerose Sink was one of the names Biggy thought of.

@Greyblue Yes! They did consider Ripple which is super cute!

@SparkleNinja18 Ha! Yeah! Charm is adorable!

2 Likes

I really like Charm & Disco is pretty cool as well! I knew a Sabre (pronounced say-bruh) and an Ocean, so those names arenā€™t really ā€œoddā€ to me. I donā€™t think Chip is either. Lucky is cool too! Beat would be cool if it only had the musical meaning, but it does unfortunately have the other meaning :confused: I do like Coda although, I prefer the Koda spelling.

Wave, Rhythm, & Star are cool too!

Ripple is adorable!

1 Like

Some of them ate a bit too much. Some of them are fine.

But Discoā€¦?!

1 Like

My nephews love their YouTube channel! I personally would never consider these names, but I think they really suit the family. They seem really fun and chill, and the kids are all amazing surfers and skateboarders. I believe the youngest two were both named by the older siblings. Charmā€™s name has a cute storyā€” the mom had several failed rounds of IVF and Charm was their ā€˜last chanceā€™ - their lucky charm.

2 Likes