Not a single name feels OK

Hey all, this is my first post here!
We’re having another baby (don’t know the sex) but we just can’t seem to agree on names. Nothing seems right, or good enough. I’m just finding problems with all names and SO isn’t exactly helpful either, his only suggestions are former girlfriends or his best friends names, and that’s just not going to happen.

Any suggestions? We already have a son, [name]Max[/name].

To go with the style of [name]Max[/name]…

[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Maya[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Lilah[/name]
[name]Cara[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]/[name]Tessa[/name]
Sadie
Charlotte
Ellie
Cora
Lola
Evelyn

[name]Beau[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Chase[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Theo[/name]/[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Brady[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Kai[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]

Commenting on some of the names:
[name]Emma[/name] - too popular
[name]Lily[/name] - too cute with [name]Max[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name] - nice, but not nice enough
[name]Claire[/name] - boring
[name]Maya[/name] - We don’t want another M name, forgot to add that
[name]Lilah[/name] - We’ve been discussing [name]Lila[/name], but SO doesn’t like it
[name]Kate[/name] - boring
[name]Nora[/name] - I don’t like it, or the way it sounds with [name]Max[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] - I dunno why but I get a ‘wannabe’ feeling from this name
[name]Ellie[/name] - not as a given name

[name]Finn[/name] - I like the look of it, but I’m not sold on it
[name]Jasper[/name] - twilight ruined it
[name]Liam[/name] - I actually really like this name, but [name]Max[/name] and [name]Liam[/name]? Does that work?
[name]Asher[/name] - SO doesn’t like it. At all.
[name]Oliver[/name] . olives
[name]Theo[/name]/[name]Theodore[/name] - [name]Theo[/name] is OK but it sounds too childish and a bit weak. [name]Theodore[/name] is too sturdy
[name]Julian[/name] - SO really likes this, but it’s too close to my own name and I don’t get a strong feeling from this name either. I don’t really like “weak” boys names
[name]Oscar[/name] - Sure, for someone’s grandpa
[name]Leo[/name] - it’s a nice name and all, but [name]Max[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] just doesn’t work in my opinion
[name]Kai[/name] - doesn’t work with [name]Max[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name] - [name]Billy[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] and E.T the extra terrestrial

Sorry I’m so picky. Thanks for the help anyway!

I think [name]Liam[/name] works great with [name]Max[/name]!! I also suggest [name]Felix[/name]. Two x names might be nice. For a girl, [name]Mia[/name] came to mind.

[name]Alexia[/name] for a girl came to mind

I support that suggestion given to you before about keeping the X trend. I like that redberry’s suggestion of [name]Alexia[/name] too :slight_smile:

It also remember me of [name]Alexei[/name] too, in case you would like to consider it :slight_smile:

I’m not so sure about another x name actually. What if we’re having a third someday? A close friend of mine has a son named [name]Felix[/name], so that name is out anyway. I don’t like [name]Mia[/name].

#9 - I don’t really like [name]Alexia[/name], sorry.
#10 - I don’t like [name]Alexei[/name] either, too foreign sounding.

Gah this is hopeless!

Here’s a few ideas: for girls I thought of [name]Alice[/name], [name]Eve[/name], [name]Julia[/name], [name]Rachel[/name] and [name]Rosa[/name]. For boys, all that came to mind other than ones already suggested was [name]Colin[/name].

Good luck.

[name]Hi[/name]:

You’ve gotten a lot of great suggestions already! I really like [name]Liam[/name] with [name]Max[/name], as both have a friendly, handsome yet still rather classic vibe. Is your [name]Max[/name] just [name]Max[/name], or is [name]Max[/name] a nickname for [name]Maxwell[/name] or [name]Maximilian[/name]? I’m curious, because I like the idea that [name]Max[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] are both these handsome-but-comfy nickname names ([name]Liam[/name] is short for [name]William[/name]).

Sorry if I repeat anything, but here are my ideas for you:

[name]Abel[/name]
[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]*
[name]Eli[/name]*
[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]*
[name]Leo[/name]*
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]*
[name]Simon[/name]*
[name]Toby[/name]*

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Belle[/name]*
[name]Cate[/name]*
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name]*
[name]Eva[/name]*
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Hanna[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Junia[/name]
[name]Kira[/name]
[name]Lana[/name]*
Lira
[name]Liv[/name]*
[name]Paige[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Rosanna[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]*
[name]Sosie[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]*
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]*

I marked my favorite picks with an asterisk! [name]Hope[/name] this helps! Find me on private messaging if you need more help.

[name]Lemon[/name]

I really like the way [name]Max[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] sound together.

And I feel your pain. We just can NOT agree on a name at a and nothing I find feels just right. It’s so frustrating. Wish I had suggestions for you, but I do like [name]Liam[/name].

esrever88 - I quite like [name]Alice[/name], [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Colin[/name], but [name]Alice[/name] doesn’t work for us and SO thinks [name]Colin[/name] is a dog name. And [name]Julia[/name] is way too close to my own name.

[name]Lemon[/name] - No, he’s just [name]Max[/name]. :slight_smile: From your suggestions (except those already mentioned) I like [name]Adam[/name], [name]Eli[/name], [name]Ethan[/name], [name]Quentin[/name], [name]Reid[/name], [name]Amelie[/name], [name]Estelle[/name], [name]Isla[/name]. But yes, I’m still finding problems with all names. [name]Adam[/name] is quite popular, and while I really do like [name]Eli[/name], maybe it’s too short with [name]Max[/name]? Maybe [name]Max[/name] should be paired with something a little longer? [name]Ethan[/name] is oh so popular, and SO dislikes [name]Quentin[/name]. [name]Reid[/name] is okay I guess. I like [name]Amelie[/name], but I dunno, it doesn’t feel quite right. But maybe I just have to think more about it! [name]Estelle[/name] is nice but I think I prefer [name]Stella[/name], and with [name]Isla[/name] SO just roll his eyes…
I’m really sorry I’m so picky!

I’ll have a crack, sorry if I repeat anything.

Girls:

[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] “[name]Susie[/name]”
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Aveline[/name]
[name]Rue[/name]
[name]Bronwyn[/name]

Boys

[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Ewan[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]

Mind you I love [name]Liam[/name] and [name]Max[/name] together.

J,

[name]Don[/name]'t ever apologize for being picky! It’s your child’s name, after all. Okay, so I’m trying to figure out what’s going on with your style, and it definitely seems you veer toward the classic, maybe with a twist. You seem to worry an awful lot about popularity but - I’m not trying to be rude, just stating a fact! - [name]Max[/name] is a fairly popular, familiar name. You don’t want to pair something like [name]Nicodemus[/name] or [name]Averil[/name] with [name]Max[/name], you want something similar in style like [name]Daniel[/name] or [name]Isabel[/name], or maybe the more interesting [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name]. If you love a name and it’s popular, the fact that you love it needs to override the popularity - or maybe you don’t love it as much as you thought? Also, I don’t think a short name is at all bad with [name]Max[/name] - personally I feel [name]Max[/name] is more evenly matched to, say, [name]Eli[/name] than it is [name]Nathaniel[/name] or [name]Tobias[/name]. It sometimes helps to think in syllables, and [name]Eli[/name] has two, so it is “longer” than [name]Max[/name] in sound - play with it with your last name…

More:

[name]August[/name]
[name]Brady[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Chase[/name]
[name]Clay[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Drew[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Hayden[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Kieran[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]

[name]Amelia[/name] - If you like [name]Amelie[/name], try [name]Amelia[/name] or [name]Emmeline[/name].
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]

[name]Lemon[/name]

Boys (sorry for any repeats)
[name]Alec[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Beau[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Damon[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name]
[name]Gareth[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
Macsen
[name]Lyle[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Noam[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Soren[/name]

Girls
[name]Adria[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name] nn [name]Ellie[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Alana[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Elle[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Gwyneth[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Halle[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Lana[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Moira[/name]
[name]Lilith[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
Alora
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]

[name]Colin[/name] is a dog name? That’s funny, I’ve never heard that before! :stuck_out_tongue:

A couple more tries: [name]Jane[/name], [name]Judith[/name], [name]Lucia[/name]… [name]Anthony[/name], [name]Josiah[/name]?

I second [name]William[/name] nn [name]Liam[/name] or [name]Will[/name]. I also like [name]Colin[/name].

[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Dixon[/name] (keeping the x)
[name]Trevor[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]

Good luck!

Hehe-lots of suggestions…But I’ll give it a go-prepare for some double ups though…
[name]Owen[/name] or [name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Nico[/name]
[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Zander[/name]
Girls:
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Libby[/name]
[name]Abby[/name]

Sorry for repeats. No time to read above. I did see [name]Max[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] and I second that, for sure.

[name]Gavin[/name] [name]Trevor[/name], [name]Evan[/name], [name]Walker[/name], [name]Holden[/name], [name]Cole[/name], [name]Grant[/name], [name]Tanner[/name], [name]Collin[/name], [name]Carter[/name], [name]Dane[/name], [name]Brooks[/name], [name]Ty[/name]

[name]Camille[/name] [name]Greta[/name], [name]Margo[/name], [name]Bridget[/name], [name]Calla[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Tess[/name]

[name]Sibylla[/name] - I like [name]Rue[/name], [name]Aveline[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Lachlan[/name]. Sadly, I dislike all nicknames for [name]Nathaniel[/name], so that’s probably out of the picture. But I do like the rest!

[name]Lemon[/name] - thanks for the ideas! I like [name]Dominic[/name], [name]Hayden[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Esme[/name]. But I wouldn’t do [name]Emmeline[/name] ([name]Jennifer[/name] Lopez has kids named [name]Max[/name] and [name]Emme[/name]). I will talk to SO about the others.

lnxn09 - Except those already mentioned I like [name]Archer[/name], [name]Rowan[/name], Alora, [name]Isobel[/name], [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Adria[/name]. I really, really like [name]Adria[/name]! Hopefully SO likes it too. [name]Rowan[/name] doesn’t work for us though, and I have a weak memory of SO saying he doesn’t like [name]Audrey[/name], but I’ll run them by him anyway!

esrever88 - Maybe [name]Josiah[/name], but it doesn’t feel quite right. Neither does [name]Isaiah[/name].

arianabelinda - I don’t like any of your suggestions, sorry. :frowning:

ella17 - Except those already mentioned I like [name]Luca[/name]. :slight_smile:

notcinnamon - Neither of your suggestions feels right for us. Maybe [name]Tanner[/name], but not sure on that either…Thanks anyway!