Nothing feels right?

I’ve just posted the same thing in the boy section hoping for some berry magic :sparkles::sparkles:
I’m due in [name_f]February[/name_f] so obviously got ages till he/she makes his/her arrival but I’m doing this on my own and have faced a lot of backlash over this pregnancy so know that I will be judged over everything including the baby’s name. I just want the perfect name.

I loved [name_f]Rose[/name_f] for years but one best friend has [name_u]Peyton[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and the other has a niece called [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I just think it’s used to much. I loved [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] but taken by a family friend. I have [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] & [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] on my list but not sure on [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] really and apparently [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] & [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is cheap sounding. The middle name will be [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f] both family names & Ramage is the surname pronounced damage with an R.

Thank you so so much

If you love Rose, I still think it would be okay to use it but if you’re having uncertainties, how about some names that you could shorten to Rose?

Bellerose
Rosabelle
Rosabella
Rosemary
Rosie
Rosalie
Rosa
Rosanna
Rosalind
Roselyn
Rosaline
Rosella

I don’t think Ruby or Primrose are cheap sounding, in fact I think they are both lovely names but I understand that if you have any qualms about them then perhaps something else would be better for you.

Some extra suggestions:

Violet
Ivy
Fern
Juniper - perhaps a little cumbersome with the middle names
Azalea
Daisy
Lily
Wren - maybe too rhyme-y with surname Ramage
Juliet
Posey - you could use nn Rosy Posey and still get to Rose
Willow
Briar
Briallen - Welsh for primrose

Good luck, I’m sure you’ll find the right name when the time comes💗

1 Like

Congratulations! Sounds like a frustrating situation. I really believe you’re going to find the perfect name. Let’s see what we can do!

It’s true that while [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is absolutely lovely, it has lost some of it’s shine due to overuse. In my opinion it’s still exquisite in the first name spot, but if you have a proxy-niece called [name_f]Rose[/name_f], I think you’re right to leave it. [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] I feel falls into the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] family and might be better left alone in your case.

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] does not sound “cheap” to my ear at all! I really don’t think you should place too much emphasis on the opinions of others (unless it’s your partner); family and friends are notorious for having disparaging opinions on baby’s name prior to their birth, which is why it’s often recommended to keep them in the dark until afterwards :laughing: If you really love [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], go for it. It’s lovely! I adore the double R initials too. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] Ramage is amazing.

But here are some more ideas anyway:

The first thing jumping to my mind is [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], like [name_f]Rose[/name_f], feels classy and vintage but also timeless, and obviously has the flora connection. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f] flows beautifully, and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] Ramage has a mysterious, elegant feel to it.

Also along those lines…
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]

[name_f]Polly[/name_f] is a cute alternative to [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]. Also what about [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], [name_u]Piper[/name_u], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Posy[/name_f], or [name_f]Pia[/name_f]?

Other pretty R names like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]:
[name_f]Raya[/name_f]
[name_f]Reina[/name_f]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_u]Rey[/name_u]
[name_u]Raven[/name_u]
[name_f]Rya[/name_f]/Raia

Would you consider [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u]? [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] gives you the graceful beauty of [name_f]Rose[/name_f], and [name_u]Rory[/name_u] gives you short & spunky R like [name_u]Ruby[/name_u].

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is very similar to [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and is very classy and well-loved.

Some other random ideas you might like:
[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlet[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_u]Nova[/name_u]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Aster[/name_f]
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestions!

I do like Rosemary I think it’s pretty vintage choice thank you for this suggestion :sunny: I also love Violet & Juliet thank you @Ameliaanwen

I do feel with the overuse of Rose it’s sort of lost it’s appeal @alatari because it’s so overused and I’m auntie to a Peyton-Rose. It is a tough spot as I know I will face judgement from a lot of people especially over the name. Thanks for the positivity over Ruby :sparkles::sparkles: Your suggestions are lovely I love Ivy, Violet, Eve, Phoebe & Belle.

Thank you

1 Like

also I just want to say, you are going to be amazing. Let it all go. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t worry about judgement from others - it’s just you and baby. You will find the perfect name and you will do a great job as their mom! You got this in the bag. :white_heart: :white_heart:

5 Likes

@alatari thank you so much for the positivity it’s been a really overwhelming time my long term partner split with me before finding out so I’m definitely on my own with this. I think I’m feeling the pressure to make everything perfect so I appreciate the advise of letting go off the judgement and positivity I really hope I am a good mum :purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

Oh man :frowning: I’ll be thinking of you! People have a lot of opinions and at the end of they day they’re not worth much! You can’t please everyone. Enjoy this precious time and trust yourself!

@alatari thank you for your thoughts I appreciate it and I’m definitely going to take your kind thoughts & words of encouragement on board

1 Like

I don’t think either [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is cheap sounding! [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is a really sweet vintage name and [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is exceptionally pretty and a tad quirky, which I love. Plus, it allows you to use Prim or [name_f]Rose[/name_f]/Rosie as nicknames, which is ideal considering you love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] but don’t feel you can use it. Have you asked your friends what they’d think if you used [name_f]Rose[/name_f]? [name_m]How[/name_m] about (if you don’t want to use [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]) [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Rosabel[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]? Some other ideas:

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Edie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Zadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_u]Billie[/name_u]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_u]Frankie[/name_u]
[name_f]India[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_u]Noa[/name_u]
[name_f]Kaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Leni[/name_f]
[name_f]Anouk[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Zella[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Posey[/name_f]
[name_f]Frida[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]

I think [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] Ramage is just gorgeous though, as is [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] Ramage.

Good luck :blush:

Phoebe
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]?)
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Heidi[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]
[name_f]Aimee[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Edie[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Maia[/name_f]
[name_u]Romilly[/name_u]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Keira[/name_f]
[name_f]Collette[/name_f]

It sounds like it’s important to you to not only choose a name that you love for your child, but one that is unlikely to receive strong judgement against it. I’m not sure what names would qualify for the latter, but I imagine familiar names with long historical use would be generally well received. Here are some suggestions that might hit that sweet spot:

Florence, [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], [name_f]Miriam[/name_f], [name_f]Jemima[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Corinne[/name_f], [name_f]Saskia[/name_f], [name_u]Marion[/name_u], [name_f]Verity[/name_f], [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Ramona[/name_f], [name_f]Junia[/name_f], [name_f]Faith[/name_f]

I’m sorry nothing’s clicking for you! I’m sure it must be difficult. But, if it can be of any encouragement to you, don’t focus on the judgments of others. You will choose the perfect name for your little one, but it will be perfect for you and for him/her. That’s all that matters. :two_hearts:

I see others have suggested this and it was my first thought: consider other distinct forms of [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f] would be quite elegant! And I still really love [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] for you. (I don’t see how it sounds “cheap”… [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] either.)

Other vintage names in the style of [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], & [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]:
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f]

[name_m]Count[/name_m] any repeats as seconds. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this could help! :slight_smile:

Congratulations! I’m really sorry that you’re feeling backlash; I just want to say, it’s clear from your post how much thought and care you’re putting into this. I know your baby’s name will be perfect and you will do an amazing job :heart:

For what it’s worth, I do not find [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] to be remotely “cheap sounding,” whatever that means. In fact, [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is my favorite from your list! Simple yet sweet, strong, and a little sparkly–plus I adore it with the middle name combo and your surname. But it sounds like you might be looking for some fresh suggestions?

The first thing that sprang to mind, which has been suggested already, is [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. It shares the nature-y vibe of [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] and feels simple, sweet, and lovely to say. I really love it with the middle names and surname.

Repeats are seconds:
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_u]Julie[/name_u]
[name_u]Romy[/name_u]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Millie[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]

Good luck!!

I am so sorry that you are facing backlash over your pregnancy. One of the best decisions my husband and I made during my last pregnancy and we are doing the same for this current pregnancy is to not tell anyone what names we are considering (except Berries) and then we tell everyone the name after the baby is born. I would absolutely hate for anyone to ruin the names we love with their silly opinions or rude comments. People don’t have much to say when you present them with a baby and tell them the name you already put on the birth certificate.

I think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is beautiful and I don’t think [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] are cheap at all.

Name Suggestions (sorry for repeats):
-[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
-[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
-[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
-[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
-[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
-[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]

Rosalind Ramage would be gorgeous, strong and classic and you could call her [name_f]Rose[/name_f]/Rosie.

Firstly thank you so much for the positivity and kind words I really appreciate it :white_heart::white_heart:

Secondly thank you for all the suggestions it’s definitely given me so much more inspiration & helped my list grow which I’m happy with it.

I’m getting lots of people suggesting [name_u]June[/name_u]. I really like this name it’s pretty, happy sounding and I think my family would be alright with the name as kachenka said that is really important. I just don’t know if [name_u]June[/name_u] works for a baby due early [name_f]February[/name_f]?

2 Likes

The names you like/are considering are stunning, and your child is incredibly lucky to have you for a mother, you’re clearly putting so much thought into everything and you’re going to be amazing!

[name_u]June[/name_u] can definitely work for a child born any month! It’s a lovely classic name so doesn’t feel overly tied to a birth month. [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] or some variation of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be stunning!

Violet and Primrose are the February birth flowers as you probably already know. How about June Violet or June Primrose?

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] also came to mind for some reason? Rhoswen also comes to mind though I’m not sure if it’s your style. June Opal, June Rhoswen, and Opal Rhoswen would all be stunning as well!

Adding (repeats are seconds) what about [name_f]Juno[/name_f] or [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]? [name_f]Juno[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is beautiful! Perhaps [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] for another beautiful option with a similar sound. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is definitely a safe choice and would balance out the braver qualities of [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], and you still have all the nicknames for [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names!

Rhoda meaning Rose could also work. Rhoda June?

1 Like

What about…

Juniper [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Ramage
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Ramage
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Ramage
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Ramage
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Ramage
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Ramage
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Ramage

LMK what you think!!

@midwinter thank you for your kind words and positivity I really hope I am an amazing parent. I actually didn’t know [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] were birth flowers [name_f]February[/name_f] that’s really nice to know makes me love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] more! Thank you for your suggestions :sparkles::sparkles:

@heloise_chrissa love [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

2 Likes