Noun names for boys

I have seen several noun names that I really like- but for some reason or another they just dont work for us. Give me some ideas of noun names for boys! (Last name [name]Jackson[/name])

Some I like, but just dont work:
[name]Cash[/name]
[name]Slate[/name]
[name]Stone[/name]

Thanks!

Some I’ve heard of are:

[name]Race[/name]
[name]Knight[/name]/[name]Night[/name]
[name]Case[/name]
[name]Seven[/name]
[name]Ransom[/name]
[name]River[/name]
[name]Rain[/name]/[name]Raine[/name]
[name]Storm[/name]/[name]Stormy[/name]
[name]Blade[/name]

You can get a lot of noun names from nature: some mentioned above as well as [name]Lief[/name], Huckeberry, etc. I don’t recommend either of those, but they are options.

My favorite is [name]Ransom[/name] - it’s my son’s middle name!

Some of these may or may not work. I recently made a list of one syllable names and found most to be “words”.

[name]Ace[/name]
[name]Bay[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]
Cage
[name]Cort[/name] - well sounds like court anyway.
[name]Dart[/name]
[name]Dice[/name]
Dill
[name]Day[/name] - feminine to me though.
[name]Daly[/name] - (daily) I like better then [name]Day[/name].
[name]Dash[/name]
[name]East[/name]
[name]West[/name]
Edge
[name]Finch[/name]
[name]Flint[/name]
[name]Gage[/name]
[name]Frost[/name]
Geer - (gear)
[name]Ladd[/name]
[name]Lake[/name]
[name]Lane[/name]
Mann
[name]Mills[/name]
[name]North[/name]
[name]Page[/name] - I feel is more a girls name.
[name]Park[/name] - would be a nice nn for [name]Parker[/name]
[name]Payne[/name] or [name]Paine[/name]
[name]Piers[/name]
[name]Price[/name]
[name]Guy[/name]
[name]Hill[/name]
[name]Hunt[/name]
[name]Hyde[/name] -(hide)
[name]Jet[/name] or [name]Jett[/name]
Knoll
[name]Ray[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Rock[/name]
Role
[name]Roll[/name]
[name]Rye[/name]
[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Shade[/name]
[name]Shel[/name] (shell)
[name]Shire[/name]
Six
[name]Skye[/name] or [name]Sky[/name]
Strong
Tale
[name]Thorn[/name] or [name]Thorne[/name]
[name]Trip[/name] or [name]Tripp[/name]
[name]True[/name]
[name]Wade[/name]
Ware
[name]West[/name]
[name]Wells[/name]
[name]Will[/name] or [name]Wills[/name]
[name]Win[/name]
[name]Wit[/name]
[name]Wolf[/name]

[name]Amaryllis[/name] - I think [name]Ransom[/name] is awesome!

These are the ones I have, not including occupational and place names: ^^

[name]Anchor[/name]
[name]Art[/name]
[name]Ash/name
[name]Auburn[/name]
[name]Bear[/name]
[name]Birch[/name]
[name]Bravery[/name]
[name]Cedar[/name]
[name]Cello[/name]
[name]Cerulean[/name]
Chaos
[name]Cobalt[/name]
[name]Concord[/name]
[name]Clove[/name]
[name]Cordovan[/name]
Coriander
[name]Cove[/name]
[name]Crane[/name]
[name]Crow[/name]
[name]Domino[/name]
[name]Dune[/name]
[name]Eagle[/name]
[name]Earnest[/name]
[name]Elm[/name]
[name]Falcon[/name]
[name]Favor[/name] (Favour)
[name]Forest[/name]
[name]Fox[/name]
[name]Friend[/name]
[name]Gray[/name]
[name]Green[/name]
[name]Grove[/name]
[name]Harbor[/name] (Harbour)
[name]Heron[/name]
[name]Land[/name]
[name]Light[/name]
[name]Lock/name
[name]Loyal[/name]
[name]March[/name]
[name]Marsh[/name]
[name]Marvel[/name]
[name]Mercury[/name]
[name]Moss[/name]
[name]Noble[/name]
[name]Noon[/name]
[name]Oak[/name]
[name]October[/name]
[name]Peace[/name]
[name]Prosper[/name]
[name]Quest[/name]
[name]Quill[/name]
[name]Reason[/name]
[name]Reef[/name]
Rook
[name]Royal[/name]
[name]Rune[/name]
Shelter
Solemn
[name]Sterling[/name]
[name]Storm[/name]
[name]Teal[/name]
[name]Thyme[/name]
[name]Valor[/name] (Valour)
[name]Vine[/name]
[name]Viridian[/name]

I don’t think I repeated any of the ones that had already been mentioned…
And I love the idea of noun names for boys!! [name]Cove[/name] is part of my favourite combo ever, and others I love are [name]Bravery[/name], [name]Forest[/name], [name]Thorne[/name], [name]Wolf[/name], [name]Heron[/name], [name]Grey[/name], the list goes on!! I hope you like some of the ones I mentioned, and if you want some perhaps less heard of occupational names, I’ll be happy to list those as well… ^^

Dearest- I [name]LOVE[/name] your list! [name]Domino[/name] is actually a possible mn choice for one of my boy name contenders. I love it as a first name too!
[name]Favor[/name] reminds me of [name]Faber[/name], a good looking carpenter on one of the design shows.
Also love from your list-
[name]Gray[/name]
[name]Sterling[/name]
[name]Harbor[/name]/Harbour
[name]Dune[/name]

I’m glad you like them!
Harbour is one of my absolute favourites as well. I get all these wonderful images when I think about it ^^ It’s just a very warm name (or word for the picky ones)…

Similar to [name]Slate[/name] and [name]Stone[/name], I really, really love the name [name]Shale[/name]. I think it’s edgy and different without being, say, Pirate. I think [name]Shale[/name] [name]Jackson[/name] sounds kinda cool :slight_smile:

[name]Shale[/name] is very cool, ladybug:) So fun to say, too.

Isn’t cool!? There’s a clothing store called [name]Mark[/name] [name]Shale[/name] (Chicago, NYC, LA, I think) and the backstory is that the owner named it after his two sons, [name]Mark[/name] and [name]Shale[/name], which was the first time I had heard the name. [name]Ever[/name] since, I’ve thought it’s an awesome name and hope to have a son one day named [name]Kelan[/name] [name]Shale[/name].

I’ve been thinking about [name]Shale[/name] today. We are due with a boy in [name]November[/name], and one of the names that we were considering was [name]Seamus[/name], but mainly because of the “[name]Shay[/name]” sound. I don’t think my husband would go for [name]Shale[/name] at all…which is why today I’ve just been keeping it to myself and enjoying saying it.
I wonder if it will ever be popular?

[name]Shale[/name] I don’t see it being popular. Like you I love the sound of [name]Shay[/name].
[name]Shane[/name] isn’t a word name and isn’t as new sounding as [name]Shale[/name] but it does achieve “[name]Shay[/name]”.
Have you ever thought of [name]Sheridan[/name]? It lacks [name]Shay[/name] but I’ve been liking this name lately.

If [name]Shale[/name] ever becomes popular then I will cry in a corner haha! Honestly, most baby name sites don’t even recognize it as a name. It’s kind of a hidden treasure… plus it’s probably too weird for all those darn “-aiden” and Biblical name lovers (nothing really wrong with these names, I’m just so sick of hearing them)! I really hope your husband goes for it, to me it evokes masculinity, strength, and power. And it’s a name I can see on an infant or an 80 year old, a president or a professor and still think it’s just as cool of a name. I do love [name]Seamus[/name], though! Best wishes with your last month of pregnancy and picking a name, please keep us updated!

Thanks, Ladybug:). I couldn’t keep the great name [name]Shale[/name] to myself any longer and finally mentioned it to my husband last night.
His reply? “That’s rotten rock.”

Hrumph. He has an uncanny ability to find fault with every possible name. I’m not so shabby at that either, come to think of it. (wish we could get $ for it).

He does have [name]Shea[/name] on his list, and as I said we have considered [name]Seamus[/name]. But really, I think I like [name]Shale[/name] now better than either of those. Thanks so much for bringing it up…I have a month yet to work on husband (it would also make a fine middle name, as you’re planning).

disa, just saw your post. Thanks again for the input–you seem more helpful to me finding a name than my husband :slight_smile: Anyway, I can’t help but think if we named a boy [name]Sheridan[/name] he’d have to face a childhood of [name]Cher[/name] jokes. Which I know is probably ridiculous, considering kids these days (not to mention six years down the line) are apt not to even know who [name]Cher[/name] is.

[name]Shane[/name] somehow sounds more whiny to me than [name]Shea[/name]/[name]Shay[/name]. And maybe too Western themed, since my other son is [name]Wyatt[/name]. I don’t know if I like [name]Shea[/name] alone though because it seems to disappear in the air, too ephemeral?

I love this thread because it really has opened my eyes to name possibilities. [name]Slate[/name] is one of my favorite rocks. I know [name]Slater[/name] is a last name and if it wasn’t for the Saved By The [name]Bell[/name] show I’d like it a whole lot more. I do think it sounds cool though.

My husband doesn’t like to talk about names either.
He too can make fun of a name at the drop of a hat. In a way that can be a good thing because I like to see a name from both it’s positive and negative angles.

This site and everyone here has fantastic input and will talk about names until there are no more to talk about. :slight_smile:

Sloppyart, that’s really funny to me that he loves [name]Shea[/name] but not [name]Shale[/name], because they are so similar! [name]Shale[/name] just has the added ‘l’ sound, and you could always use [name]Shea[/name] as the nn! I wanted to let you know, I did some searching for info on the name and only found one site with it listed and it ranked it in popularity and it was at almost at number 10,000 on the SSA name list haha… so I don’t think we need to worry about it becoming popular any time soon! I think [name]Shea[/name], [name]Seamus[/name] and [name]Shale[/name] all work really, really well with [name]Wyatt[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you have any other names on your list besides [name]Shea[/name], [name]Seamus[/name]? I’m just trying to think of name combos that might work with [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Shale[/name] as a middle name.

of course, you could always just start calling the baby [name]Shale[/name] and hope he just doesn’t argue anymore, haha :wink: after all, happy wife, happy life :slight_smile:

I had a friend in preschool called Kite, but I wouldn’t recommend that. I think pretty much all the others have been listed.

[name]Cruz[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]

one of my favorites is [name]Shepard[/name], nn [name]Shep[/name]. It is occupational, but in the states I don’t even know anyone who knows anyone who is a shepard! I love [name]Cedar[/name] and [name]Gage[/name] as well.

I am actually loving [name]Shane[/name]. It could work for us. I’ll run it past my husband. [name]How[/name] popular is it though? I really don’t want anything too popular. I love the western feel to it. [name]Do[/name] you think it goes well with our other kids…
[name]Karson[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Hadlee[/name]