Novogratz seven kids!

I just started watching the new HGTV show, Home by Novogratz, which features husband-wife interior designers [name]Cortney[/name] and [name]Bob[/name] Novogratz. What really caught my eye, though, was the names of their 7 children (photo attached)- [name]Wolfgang[/name] (boy, 12), [name]Bellamy[/name] and [name]Tallulah[/name] (twin girls, 11), [name]Breaker[/name] (boy, 9), Five and Holleder (twin boys, 4), and [name]Major[/name] (boy, 1). My favorite- their fifth child named Five. What do you think about naming a child a number ([name]Harper[/name] [name]Seven[/name], anyone?)? [name]Do[/name] you like their other children’s names as well?

I must say that the names are really not my taste, although [name]Tallulah[/name] is okay.

I might be the only one here, but I actually like the name [name]Breaker[/name]. I believe it was recently mentioned in the “high energy baby names” blog, and its reminiscent of names like [name]Hunter[/name], [name]Archer[/name], [name]Dash[/name], Trapper, etc. While none of those are really my style, I think if you’re a little artsy and aren’t afraid of giving your son a “danger” name, then its kind of cute. Plus it makes me think of waves, and they way they “break” on the shore. Kind of a nice image if you think of it that way.

[name]David[/name]

I do like [name]Tallulah[/name] and [name]Wolfgang[/name] is okay too. The rest is really not my style.

I do not like any of their names. They are too “out there”. I think those kids are going to hate their names as adults.

A pretty mismatched butch if I do say so myself. Why any parent would name a child a number is beyond my comprehension. Doesn’t every government try to turn everyone into numbers? Enough already! Give me a proper name any day! There, I feel better now after my rant! :slight_smile:

Numbers really shouldn’t be considered as names. I think that’s a little too much, it allows for all kinds of craziness like naming your kid doorknob. However, if you’re a celebrity you can name your kid whatever you’d like. The others are okay, except maybe [name]Major[/name]. That’s a lot to live up to. Their “style” is definitely way out there.

To the contrary if you watched their inital show on [name]Bravo[/name] and they explained how they named all of the children. I think they are all well thought out, a little offbeat but it works for their family. Hell they can’t all be named [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Sebastian[/name]. Sometimes this board seems so snobby.

[name]Bellamy[/name] and [name]Talullah[/name] are cute, but the rest…not so much. I feel bad for [name]Breaker[/name] and Five. :frowning:

They gave their kids’ names an awful lot of thought, and they’re rich with meaning. I suspect the kids’ names don’t feel so outlandish in their immediate circle, and it is nice to have a story. IMHO, it is better than, “Oh, well, we chose [name]Emma[/name] [name]Rose[/name] because we liked the name [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] just flowed nicely with our last name.” The Novogratz family tells the story of all of their choices here: Parents: Parenting News & Advice for Moms and Dads - TODAY.com | TODAY

Eh, I disagree that they gave their 5th child’s name a lot of thought. It’s terrible.

Ohh, they used to have a show on [name]Bravo[/name] called Nine by Design. I think their names are creative but I don’t like Five, [name]Major[/name] or [name]Breaker[/name].

Sometimes I think these people name their kids just so they can get the attention of tv crews. My kids’ names are meaningful too, but I didn’t name them Five or [name]Breaker[/name] or [name]Harper[/name] [name]Seven[/name], either.

Five makes me shudder. The poor kid! [name]Breaker[/name] isn’t so great either. [name]Major[/name] is nice in theory, but it’s confusing.

But I do like [name]Bellamy[/name], [name]Tallulah[/name], and [name]Wolfgang[/name]. And Holleder is kind of nice, too.

The only thing I don’t like about their children’s name is that Holleder is nicknamed [name]Holli[/name]. A bit much for a boy. Other than that-some aren’t my style-[name]Wolfgang[/name], [name]Major[/name]-but they are different and I respect that.

Some of the names are okay but naming a child “Five” sounds a lot like saying…you were the fifth. We didn’t care so we thought we would make life easy on ourselves and call you by your birth order number. :frowning:

I love the way they chose most of their kids names, but naming your child 5 because thats what you called it when you were pregnant…sounds like naming the child The Peanut, or the Bean because thats what you called it in uterus. Use it as a nickname, but dont actually name the child it.

I love this family and all the kids nxames [name]ROCK[/name]! Especially [name]Breaker[/name] and [name]Major[/name]

Holleder’s really the only one that I like, but I certainly applaud their style. In a world full of [name]Ava[/name]'s and [name]Dylan[/name]'s, it’s nice to see people with imagination.

Aside from [name]Major[/name], I don’t have any major issues with any of the names, they’re just not my first choice. [name]Even[/name] [name]Breaker[/name] isn’t terrible. But [name]Major[/name] doesn’t work as a name for me.

I like [name]Wolfgang[/name], [name]Bellamy[/name], and [name]Tallulah[/name].

Holleder is a really cool name, but I don’t like the rest.
I know a dog named Five, and [name]Breaker[/name] and [name]Major[/name] are just plain terrible [name]IMO[/name].