Now that "she" turned out to be a "he", I need a new name!!

[name]Hi[/name] all you baby namers!! I am back again…just when I thought I had decided on a girls name, I found out at my last ultrasound that my baby is actually a boy. You all helped me very much last time I posted asking about girls names, and I’m sure you will do the same this time :slight_smile:

I would like the name to not be too common, but I’m finding that popularity of a boys name doesn’t bother me as much as popularity of a girls name. I think a boy would rather have a somewhat known name, as a girl would rather have a more unique name but maybe that’s just my thinking!

Alright here are some of the names that I am considering, but I am very very open to suggestions!

[name]Preston[/name] - I just think this name sounds so handsome!

[name]Cooper[/name] - There is something about this one I am drawn too…I also like the nickname [name]Coop[/name], but I am not 100% sold on it.

[name]Liam[/name] - The reason I like this one is because I am having a hard time deciding what middle name to use…either [name]William[/name](which is my dad and grandpa’s middle name) or [name]Patrick[/name](for my grandma [name]Patricia[/name]) and this way I would be able to use both in a way…because [name]William[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] is too boring for my taste!

[name]Rhys[/name] - I love love love this name but I am hesitant to use it because of the popularity of [name]Reese[/name] for the girls. I would hate to name my son this and have it be like the names [name]Kelly[/name] or [name]Ashley[/name] or [name]Shannon[/name], once commonly used for boys but now it is unheard of for baby boys to be named these names.

Also thinking about [name]Sawyer[/name], [name]Bennett[/name], and possibly [name]Archer[/name].

I would love to hear your thoughts, opinions and suggestions!! Thank you so much in advance!! And I am sorry this is so long…I have a lot to say sometimes :slight_smile:

My favorites of all your choices are [name]Sawyer[/name] and [name]Archer[/name]. [name]Archer[/name] is my very favorite.

Thanks [name]Susan[/name]!

[name]Rhys[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Bennett[/name] and [name]Archer[/name] would be my picks. They are very handsome and they all see to have the most ‘longevity’ to them imo. Pretty much any ‘surname as a first name’ is open for girls. In fact, I’ve seen a few [name]Preston[/name]/Prestyns, Sawyers and Coopers (probably because [name]Marissa[/name] in the OC was called ‘[name]Coop[/name]’) on girls.

[name]Rhys[/name] has such a great history to it. It is the name of marauding battle-hardy medieval Welsh princes. This spelling in particular, is not girly to me at all. I know 5 boys called [name]Rhys[/name], 2 boys called [name]Reece[/name] and 1 girl called [name]Reese[/name]. Those are good odds imo.
I’m probably a little biased though as [name]William[/name] [name]Rhys[/name] has been my #1 name since I was 13 :slight_smile:

[name]Rhys[/name] (this sp) for a boy is actually on the rise. I think quite a few people are getting tired of [name]Reese[/name] on a girl (seeing it as trendy) and are moving to the handsome Celtic classic of [name]Rhys[/name].

Thought about it some more, and now I really like [name]Rhys[/name] and [name]Liam[/name], too. Some days I don’t like [name]Liam[/name] that much, but lately I like it. [name]Love[/name] [name]William[/name] nn [name]Will[/name]. Also love [name]Rhys[/name] as a middle name.

I love [name]Rhys[/name] also, and [name]Will[/name]. What about [name]Weston[/name] instead of [name]Preston[/name]? [name]Just[/name] an idea.

Well [name]Megan[/name]…your best friend speaking :slight_smile:

I am LOVING [name]Rohan[/name] all of a sudden. Goes perfectly with your last name!
And of course, [name]Caleb[/name]…[name]Cohen[/name]…and [name]Elliot[/name]. Those are my favorites!

I love [name]Preston[/name] or [name]Archer[/name]. Nickname [name]Archie[/name]? So cute

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Preston[/name]. we discussed naming our son that after my grandfather and then my cousin ended up stealing it. I think this name will be around for a long time, too, without running into the trendy problem. I also like [name]Cooper[/name] and [name]Sawyer[/name] from your list.

Thanks elea! I loved all your feedback on [name]Rhys[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Susan[/name], I don’t think [name]William[/name] nn [name]Will[/name] is an option for me…the name [name]William[/name] is entirely too common for me to use as a first name…thats why I liked [name]Liam[/name]…it spices it up a little bit!

Proud2bmom, [name]Weston[/name] is very cute but not really my style. I prefer [name]Preston[/name] to [name]Weston[/name].

ClaireLaurence, I love that you made an account on here :slight_smile: [name]Rohan[/name] is very cute and definitely on the list!!

Ilovenickjonas, it’s funny you mentioned the nickname [name]Archie[/name] for [name]Archer[/name], because that is one of the reasons I am not extremely crazy about [name]Archer[/name]…I can’t stand that nickname!!

Kalebsmom, thank you! I love it as well :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone for your responses…more suggestions/opinions are greatly appreciated!

I am liking [name]Bennett[/name] more and more. Wait, no, I am thinking of [name]Beckett[/name]. I really like [name]Beckett[/name]. I am biased against [name]Bennett[/name] because we knew a bad man whose last name was [name]Bennett[/name]. But don’t listen to me!
Anyway, I like [name]Beckett[/name] nn [name]Beck[/name].

[name]Beckett[/name] is cute!! It reminds me of [name]Beckham[/name] which I like, but you don’t get the [name]David[/name]/[name]Victoria[/name] association which is nice. I hate it when people who I used to know ruin names for me!

Some more you may like:

[name]August[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Cullen[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Jill[/name], you are so good at this naming thing!! You actually listed several others I have been thinking about!

[name]Calvin[/name] - Like this, but it is the name of an ex so it is a no go haha

[name]Conrad[/name] - Cute!

[name]Cullen[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Cullen[/name], but I also love Twilight and I’m not sure if that would be weird?

[name]Callum[/name] - I’m kind of on the fence with this one. There’s something about it that is appealing to me but I’m not sure I’m in love with it.

[name]Declan[/name] - Same as [name]Callum[/name]. It also took me awhile to figure out how this one was pronounced at first!

[name]Everett[/name] - Very cute.

[name]Finnian[/name] - [name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Finn[/name]!

[name]Hudson[/name] - [name]Love[/name] love love this one. Was actually at the top of my list for awhile, but I just can’t decide on it.

[name]Jameson[/name] - [name]James[/name] is actually my favorite name (and my best male friends name) so this is a nice alternative!

[name]Quinlan[/name] - I like it!

[name]Reed[/name] - I really like this one too!

[name]Rowan[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it, worry about its usage on girls as well though.

[name]Xavier[/name] - Cute and different!

Thank you so much [name]Jill[/name], you always have great suggestions :slight_smile:

I like [name]Liam[/name] but why not name him [name]William[/name] nn [name]Liam[/name]? [name]Patrick[/name] could be [name]Padraig[/name].

[name]Rhys[/name] is very nice but becoming overused. Have you thought of [name]Miles[/name]? This is a great name, strong, manly, classic.

Of your other choices the only one I like is [name]Bennett[/name] but there are always a million Bens around and you want your child to have a name that stands out from the crowd without being weird.

Here are a few suggestions
[name]Cruz[/name],
[name]Grant[/name],
[name]Lachlan[/name],
[name]Peter[/name],
[name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] I love this one!
[name]Brent[/name]
[name]Jeremy[/name]

[name]Miles[/name], [name]Reed[/name], [name]Finnian[/name], and [name]Hudson[/name] are my favorites that I see in the above posts. Of course I love [name]Peter[/name], too, but I don’t think it’s your style. [name]Love[/name] [name]Calvin[/name], too, but I can see that’s a no-go. What about [name]Clayton[/name]?
If you do love [name]Peter[/name], there’s also [name]Philip[/name]/[name]Phillip[/name].

You’re so welcome, [name]Megan[/name]! :slight_smile: I can’t wait to see what name you choose, so I hope you keep us posted!

Did u know [name]Harlow[/name] was origionally a Boys name anyway!

what about:
[name]Harlow[/name],
[name]Harley[/name] ,
[name]Harvey[/name],
[name]Aston[/name],
[name]Ashley[/name],
[name]Darcey[/name],
[name]Dalton[/name],
[name]Preston[/name] - Like!
gd luck cnt wait 2 c what u have named him!