Number 1 Guilty Pleasure Name?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! [name_m]Just[/name_m] wondering what everyone’s absolute GP first and middle names are for a daughter. A name that you completely love but either can’t use or would never actually use in a real life setting, for whatever reason.

Mine is definitely:
[name_u]Julep[/name_u] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]

I think [name_u]Julep[/name_u] is so cute and spunky and would age well from infant to adult, and [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] would be a (slight) nod to my name - [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]. Also, I totally think this name is useable, this is by no way saying that no one should use it. [name_m]Just[/name_m] for me it will always be a guilty pleasure.

5 Likes

Goodness, I have so many that I wouldn’t quite call guilty-pleasures, but I think for me it would be

Bioluminescence :white_heart: :ocean::sparkles:

6 Likes

[name_f]Elegy[/name_f] :sparkles: The meaning is just too sad/serious to give a child.

6 Likes

For a girl I think my favourite GP name for a girl is probably Blanchefleur…I love it but feel like it’s maybe a bit much and I couldn’t deal with having to explain the pronunciation.

I also love [name_u]Foxglove[/name_u] for a girl but again maybe a bit too out there?

4 Likes

[name_f]Valkyrie[/name_f]!

The imagery! The mythology! God, I just love it but it would get so many raised eyebrows, plus I don’t necessarily love the [name_u]Marvel[/name_u] connection.

2 Likes

For me, it’s between [name_f]Tigerlily[/name_f] “Tiggy”, [name_u]Endellion[/name_u] “Nell” and [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] “Guin/Gwen”. Eyebrows would hit the roof if I used any of those in the first-name spot, especially with our longer surname, but I love them all!

I also have a real weakness for quirky day/month names for girls. I’d use [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] or [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] especially in a heartbeat. They still feel GP territory for me due to quirkiness factor but a little less so than the three listed above because they’re shorter and have fewer specific associations.

11 Likes

[name_f]Blodwen[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_u]Julep[/name_u] is one of mine for sure!

[name_f]My[/name_f] other is [name_f]Moxie[/name_f]

3 Likes

[name_f]Avra[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_u]Athaliah[/name_u] and [name_f]Barbara[/name_f], [name_u]Athaliah[/name_u] because of the woman in the Bible, and [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] because I just have a hard time imagining it on a child, I love it tons though and the nn’s [name_u]Bobbie[/name_u] and [name_f]Babs[/name_f] :bat:

3 Likes

Ooh and [name_f]Sappho[/name_f] :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Names I dream of using… with my time over, more courage and a different surname…

[name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuppence[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Thomasin[/name_f]
[name_f]Phyllida[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]

6 Likes

[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u] :white_heart:

5 Likes

Stargazer :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: i don’t think i could use it though

6 Likes

@EagleEyes I had to look it up! Definitely a sad meaning but beautiful name.

1 Like

@Clay_Maker - This is stunning!

@CassOmia - so pretty!
@Araminty - LOVE [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f] and [name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
@katinka - [name_f]Sappho[/name_f] is so cool
@leafygreens - [name_u]Athaliah[/name_u] is a name I’ve never heard before. So pretty.

@emarias22 [name_f]Moxie[/name_f] is awesome.
@Blodwen - another name I haven’t heard before. How do you pronounce?
@LoneStar - [name_f]Valkyrie[/name_f] is an awesome name!
@lunette - [name_u]Foxglove[/name_u] is definitely cool

Pascale!

3 Likes

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]! So cute but I just can’t see a grown up with that name.

5 Likes