Number 1 Guilty Pleasure Name?

Thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I know a 4 year old named [name_f]Barbara[/name_f], and it still just seems odd! And she goes by [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] - no nickname.

1 Like

[name_f]Caoimhe[/name_f] and [name_f]Eilidh[/name_f], I absolutely love this names and if I could I would use them in a heartbeat, but I live in [name_u]Germany[/name_u] and no one could ever pronounce them right. We also have a slavic lastname and it wouldn’t fit together.
And [name_f]Skadi[/name_f], I love love love it, but DH doesn’t and would never say yes.

Ooh, good question and [name_u]Julep[/name_u] is darling! Valkyrie’s a favourite, but on and off my gp list (currently off), so I’ll choose another. I have two types of gp, too unusual/problematic, and too popular. I’ll go for too weird/problematic, as that’s far more interesting haha. I’d go for:

[name_f]Medeia[/name_f] [name_f]Belladonna[/name_f] [name_f]Wildrose[/name_f]

I love the sound of Medea/Medeia. It’s beautiful and very accessible imo. Usually I don’t mind more negative myths, and actually like the connection to something I enjoy. However, Medea’s is just too tragic, even for me. I do have [name_f]Amadea[/name_f] to satisfy my enjoyment of the sound, but I can’t quite let go of [name_f]Medea[/name_f] (I like the [name_f]Medeia[/name_f] spelling more visually and to clarify pronunciation a bit.)

[name_f]Belladonna[/name_f] is another gp. I quite like the poison/botanical connection, and the history behind it. I’m not actually a huge fan of the two names individually, but together they’re dark and magical. I would use it as a middle, but I find it difficult to match with firsts, except for here!

Using two nature names in one combo is also a bit of a gp for me. I think [name_f]Wildrose[/name_f] just rounds off the whole combo really nicely.

2 Likes

I actually used what I considered a guilty pleasure name for my second daughter! After a while, it just didn’t seem so weird anymore so we now have a baby [name_f]Marjolaine[/name_f].

Names I love but can’t use include [name_f]Capucine[/name_f] for obvious reasons, [name_u]Fable[/name_u], [name_f]Novella[/name_f], [name_u]Poet[/name_u], Sylvienne, [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], and probably [name_f]Viridienne[/name_f] though my husband kind of likes that now so he’ll probably come around like he did with [name_f]Marjolaine[/name_f]. :laughing:

3 Likes

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

[name_u]Fox[/name_u] (on both a girl and a boy), and [name_f]Enola[/name_f] for a girl, but I’d probably use it if I was a little more confident.

2 Likes

[name_f]Saoirse[/name_f]- If I lived in [name_u]Ireland[/name_u], I would 100% name a daughter this
[name_f]Holiday[/name_f]
[name_u]Lael[/name_u] (lay-elle)
[name_f]Asha[/name_f] (Aw-shuh)
Rosenwynn

[name_f]Circe[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[name_f]Circe[/name_f] and [name_f]Sappho[/name_f] would be such striking names for twins

3 Likes

[name_u]Sutton[/name_u] [name_f]Emerie[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Anemone[/name_f]
I don’t really feel guilty for loving it but I know is never be able to use it since so many people would pronounce it “Anna moan” and I just can’t put a human through that

1 Like

[name_f]Eilonwy[/name_f], [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f], and [name_f]Myfanwy[/name_f] are my ultimate gp’s. They’re so enchanting and the meanings are beautiful, [name_f]Eilonwy[/name_f] comes from one of my favourite books The Chronicles of Prydain, and then “waves of the sea”, and “my lovely little one” respectively. If I was Welsh or married someone who is Welsh I’d use them in a heartbeat!

I have to give an honourable mention too to [name_f]Modesty[/name_f] with nn “Maudie” which is perhaps more usable for me, but I associate the word with being humble and sincere, whereas I expect most others would think of dress codes. I adore [name_f]Peony[/name_f] as well, but I’m a little afraid of potential teasing because of the way it sounds, so if I were to use it it’ll most likely go in the middle.

1 Like

Odyssey and Waverley right now.

Also Delphine, I would use it if a family member didn’t use Delphi for a pet.

1 Like

I absolutely adore [name_m]Ebenezer[/name_m] but it’s too much for a real person! Its just so long and clunky, as much as I love it I couldn’t imagine it on a baby. Also Scrooge is probably a more negative association :pensive:

2 Likes

Misty :butterfly::revolving_hearts::candy:

second place goes to Patience :lady_beetle::books::scarf:

2 Likes

I already mentioned my top GP (Valkyrie) but I can’t not share two more.

[name_u]Nike[/name_u] - would use this in a heartbeat if it wasn’t for the brand
[name_f]Atalanta[/name_f] - love the myth and story of self-worth, but everyone would assume I just couldn’t spell [name_f]Atlanta[/name_f]

1 Like

Turmerine - a spice name I made that could be used for either boy or girl, I love the sound

1 Like

Probably [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] other favourites that are kind of in that territory are [name_f]Astoria[/name_f], [name_f]Apolline[/name_f], [name_f]Apollonia[/name_f] and Cedrelle but I could definitely use them as middle names. I would never use [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f].

2 Likes

[name_f]Antigone[/name_f] nn [name_f]Tiggy[/name_f] :heart: But I’m afraid people would pronounce it as Anti-gone

2 Likes