Obsessive Teen Name Loving(:

Hey, guys! This week I read a post from another teenager (I’m thirteen, almost fourteen, by the way) and it got me to wondering…exactly how many teens ARE there on this website?
Comment if you fit one of the following:
A) You are a teen on this website
B) You know a teenager with said obsession
C) You WERE one of these teenagers

[name]Add[/name] (if you are currently between the ages of thirteen and eighteen–or, heck, anyone younger, too) your favorite current combos & names, or (if you are no longer a teen) the names you liked at that age–plus which you STILL like.
My top combos (always changing, of course): [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] & [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Edwin[/name].
:D, NameGoddess

I’m a teen, too! I’m definitely obsessed with names. :slight_smile:
Here are some of my favorites at the moment:

[name]Julia[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]

[name]Matteo[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Elias[/name]

I love all of your combos, most especially [name]Alice[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] & [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]. If I had to name my second-favorite girl’s combo, it would be [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Philippa[/name]. And I adore both [name]Jasper[/name] & [name]Elias[/name]!

Post Script; is your name really [name]Iris[/name] [name]Rose[/name]? If so, you are insanely lucky! I was named after my grandparents, [name]Sidney[/name] “[name]Sid[/name]” and [name]Wanda[/name] [name]Kaye[/name], who goes by [name]Kaye[/name], so I’m [name]Sydney[/name] [name]Kaye[/name]–but as much as I love them, I sometimes wish my mom & dad had thought my name over a little more! I like the story behind it, though, and I could never get myself to change it, now.

I love all of your combos, most especially [name]Alice[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] & [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]. If I had to name my second-favorite girl’s combo, it would be [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Philippa[/name]. And I adore both [name]Jasper[/name] & [name]Elias[/name]!

Post Script; is your name really [name]Iris[/name] [name]Rose[/name]? If so, you are insanely lucky! I was named after my grandparents, [name]Sidney[/name] “[name]Sid[/name]” and [name]Wanda[/name] [name]Kaye[/name], who goes by [name]Kaye[/name], so I’m [name]Sydney[/name] [name]Kaye[/name]–but as much as I love them, I sometimes wish my mom & dad had thought my name over a little more! I like the story behind it, though, and I could never get myself to change it, now.[/quote]

Thanks! I really like [name]Cecily[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name], too! My name’s actually [name]Rosa[/name] [name]Iris[/name]. I wasn’t named for anyone in particular (I guess my parents just liked the names), so I think it’s cool that you’re named after your grandparents!

Post Script; is your name really [name]Iris[/name] [name]Rose[/name]? If so, you are insanely lucky! I was named after my grandparents, [name]Sidney[/name] “[name]Sid[/name]” and [name]Wanda[/name] [name]Kaye[/name], who goes by [name]Kaye[/name], so I’m [name]Sydney[/name] [name]Kaye[/name]–but as much as I love them, I sometimes wish my mom & dad had thought my name over a little more! I like the story behind it, though, and I could never get myself to change it, now.[/quote]

Thanks! I really like [name]Cecily[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name], too! My name’s actually [name]Rosa[/name] [name]Iris[/name]. I wasn’t named for anyone in particular (I guess my parents just liked the names), so I think it’s cool that you’re named after your grandparents![/quote]
Haha, thanks :smiley: When I told my mom that I liked the name [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Edwin[/name] she looked at me like I’d lost my mind. (Chuckle, chuckle.) And my grandmother was aghast at my love of [name]Edwin[/name], which is in her words, the epitome of “a nerdy little boy”, ha. But mostly they just take it when I make them listen to my names, even back to the days in 5th grade when I was set on naming a daughter [name]Ireland[/name] Zabeth…ah, goodness!

I’m 18…and abolutely [name]LOVE[/name] names :slight_smile: My mom thinks I’m nuts, but…ah well!

[name]Favorite[/name] combos-
[name]Henry[/name] Albus-- dead set on this one! Albus-- Albus Dumbledore!
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]-- I adore “[name]Charlie[/name]” & [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Finch[/name] is amazing.

[name]Lily[/name] Tonks-- I know [name]Lily[/name] is super popular, but it’s just my favorite name! Tonks-- Nymphadora Tonks from [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name].
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Ginevra[/name]-- adore [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Ginevra[/name] from [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name].

Sadly, my mom really doesn’t like [name]Henry[/name]! Thinks it’s a girl’s name- nn for [name]Henrietta[/name]. I told her no way, and I keep mentioning “[name]Henry[/name]” and she’s not complaining anymore…even smiled when I had a dream about him! Won’t even mention Albus as the mn! She’ll lose it. =P She likes [name]Lily[/name], though…Tonks same as Albus. (She’ll get the HP obsession…she knows me!)

Haha, I make my parents listen to my name lists too! They think it’s crazy that I’m so obsessed with names and spend so much time on Nameberry… “Are you on Nameberry again!?” but they’re mostly supportive! [name]Ireland[/name] Zabeth, haha, I used to make up names like Roselena or Meliana when I was that age.

I was so that person as a teenager! lol i had cabbage patch dolls that i would register online and constantly change their names because i would find new names that i liked! lol my mom thought i was so weird because i had like 13 or 14 of those dolls. lol just so i could name a bunch of them!

I’m 17. My current favorites are…hm…I’m not sure. I like too many. :slight_smile:

Out of curiosity, is anyone planning to highlight name love on college apps?

I was definitely a name-loving teen! I love your name lists–each and every one of yours. :slight_smile:

You’re all lovely, and your parents should be very proud of you. :slight_smile:

Nameberry attracts fantastic teenagers, and I’m so impressed by you all!

My favorite names from your lists: [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Elias[/name], [name]Henry[/name] (I can’t recall the middle!), and [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Ginevra[/name]. I also really love [name]Cecily[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]!

I hope that school is going well for all of you! :slight_smile:

Take care!

I’m seventeen, and I’m a huge name lover. It’s kind of a problem. I’m also a writer, so I actually get to use a lot of my favourite names!

At the moment, my favourite name is probably [name]Jean[/name], though I can’t find a good mn for it. I like it with [name]Veronica[/name].My grandma’s name was [name]Jean[/name], and we were incredibly close my entire life, so I want to honour her memory in that way. At first I really didn’t like the name [name]Jean[/name], but it’s really grown on me, to the point that it has become one of my favourites. [name]Veronica[/name] is also a family name, as it’s the middle name of both my mother and my maternal grandmother.

For the longest time my absolute favourite name was [name]Isabel[/name], but unfortunately it’s become incredibly popular in recent years, so that’s rather spoiled it for me.

So,
[name]Jean[/name] [name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Philippa[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Ellie[/name]) Well, really any name that you can get [name]Ellie[/name] out of, I like. Mostly.

[name]Theodore[/name] ([name]Teddy[/name], not [name]Theo[/name])
[name]Hugh[/name]

I’m 15 and I love names. :slight_smile:

I’m just outside of this name gap, but I’m on here because I love names, too! I’m called on to name my friends’ plants, characters in their stories, and other things, too!

By the way, you all far outweigh the expectations that most people have of teenagers in your naming style. Trendy (yooneek) names are expected, but yours are well-thought-out and quite stunning! My favorites are [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] (I love [name]Cecily[/name]), [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] (as long as she isn’t called [name]Cori[/name] - ruins a beautiful name in my opinion!), and, of course, [name]Theodore[/name]. [name]Lovely[/name] job, girls!

You teens blow me away! No, I’m not one - I’m 36, but every time I learn one of you is a teen, I am so impressed because you seem so mature, and you have REALLY great tastes! [name]Just[/name] think – you all may very well be helping to shape current naming trends! Of course, the great masses aren’t on here becoming name-wise, just giving their children outdated misspelled names . . . that’s another story though . . .

Emrasmus, I have a [name]Henry[/name] [name]Atlas[/name] (similar to your Albus - its a family name), and if this one is a boy, its [name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] (nn [name]Charlie[/name]) – don’t know if you saw my post - [name]Charlie[/name], [name]Leo[/name] or Another? (We were doing [name]Augustus[/name], but husband wants [name]Atticus[/name] now). Anyway, looks like we love the same names!

I’m 15 and I’m totally obsessed with names! I love coming on Nameberry because you’re all so friendly and have great taste in names :smiley: My favourites at the moment are:

[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Tess[/name]

[name]Jude[/name] [name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Henry[/name]

I’m a teen too :slight_smile: I’m sixteen and this site is so brilliant.
my favourite names at the moment are:
[name]Corinna[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Susanna[/name]

[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Otto[/name]
[name]Desmond[/name]

[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Edwin[/name] are seriously cool, I would consider naming children that :slight_smile:

I think it is great that there are so many teen name lovers here!

I am not one, but I was. I bought my first baby name book when I was 12. haha I love all of your names. [name]Do[/name] yourself a favor and keep track of your favorites and when you decided you liked them. When you are older it will be nice to see if you stuck to those choices or if your preferences changed. Mine changed and it was fun to see the evolution.

I’m a 15, and my mom thinks i’m crazy too.

My favorite names are

[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Sirius[/name] [name]Lewis[/name]
I also like Rowling as a middle name (Hp obsession)

and i’ve begun to really like Morvoren, [name]Lucien[/name], [name]Clive[/name], [name]Conan[/name] and [name]Reed[/name]

I’m 14 and 3/4 and I’m more than obsessed!
My favourite are:

Girls:
[name]Nellie[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Cora[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Bailey[/name] [name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Acacia[/name] and [name]Arabella[/name]

Boys:
[name]Henry[/name] and [name]Liam[/name]
[name]Ash[/name],[name]Kai[/name] and [name]Ty[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Connor[/name]

I’m also a big fan of JKP8 and love all the names.
When I was younger and first started to be keen on names I though my daughter’s name would be [name]Cara[/name] [name]Alexis[/name].

I’m not a teen, but I definitely was a name-obsessed teen. When I was a teenager I had a cat die when it was only a year old, I was of course sad. However, I was mainly sad because I really loved his name, and the the cat was only around for a year!

Ok, I just read that and it sounds horrible. I really do have a heart, and I really do take good care of my pets.