🐚 Odd question

Would it be odd to have one kid or some kids with single MN and the rest or some kids with a double MN?

For instance, B1 is a junior with a single MN and all the other kids have double MNs or 1/2 the kids have single MN as their first names are long while the other 1/2 have double MNs with shorter first names.

I think that’s OK!

1 Like

Personally, I feel that all siblings should have the same amount of middle names. I could see a child feeling a bit jealous their sibling gets two middle names and they only get one. Plus, it just looks nicer to me.

But it’s up to you, middle names rarely come up in daily life anyways.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s weird at all! [name_f]My[/name_f] mum has two middle names while her siblings only have one and my youngest sister also has two while my other sister and I have one. I think children have other things to be jealous about (toys, clothes etc.) rather than middle names.

1 Like

I don’t think it makes a difference at all. Each name is it’s own unit, and has it’s own rhyme and reason. A shorter name can be just as beautiful as a longer one.

1 Like

I think it’s fine! I don’t think kids would be jelous about amount of names, only if he or she is a namenerd hahaha

1 Like

not at all! I was actually considering that and still am. [name_f]My[/name_f] father has an 8 syllable double middle name and his sister has a 5 syllable single middle name

1 Like

I think it would be a little odd? And I kind of second the “they’ll be jealous” but it depends on the kid’s personality for that. However, I think you could definitely get away with it.

3 Likes

I think it might be a little odd but not a big problem

1 Like

I do find it a little odd. I wouldn’t want a kid to feel left out, but in the grand scheme of things it’s really not that big of a deal.

I do know a family whose boys have one middle name and their girls have two middle names. It wouldn’t be as weird if you did something like that.

2 Likes

This is the case with my siblings and me, and it’s never been an issue.

I am the eldest and the only girl. I have two middles – a family name and a name that my parents just liked.

[name_f]My[/name_f] brothers both have one middle. One has a family name (my dad’s first name) and the other just a name my parents liked.

It has never caused any friction or weirdness whatsoever.

1 Like