Off subject - looking for a name for my friend's car! :-)

I know this is kind of crazy, but my friend wants a fun name for her blue Grand Cherokee… So I thought I’d ask for suggestions on here! :slight_smile: She doesn’t want anything boring, like [name]Sara[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name] (her words, not mine). Any suggestions??? :wink:

I named my blue car Bluey (BLOO-ey).

[name]Bristol[/name]
[name]Tempest[/name]
[name]Bay[/name]
[name]Cricket[/name]
[name]Frost[/name]
[name]Azure[/name]
[name]Sapphire[/name]
[name]Jay[/name] (as in [name]Blue[/name] [name]Jay[/name])
[name]Skye[/name]
[name]Bleu[/name]
Gormlaith (means [name]Blue[/name] [name]Princess[/name] in Gaelic)

[name]Sapphira[/name]-- as in the blue dragon from “Eragon.” =)

I like [name]Sapphira[/name]. :wink:

[name]Zephyrine[/name]
[name]Tanaquil[/name]
[name]Celestine[/name]
[name]Victoire[/name]
Azuline
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Elvira[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Melisande[/name]

Is it a boy car or a girl car?

You all had some great suggestions! :wink: Someone asked if it’s a girl or a boy car - I think she said a girl. :slight_smile: I’ll share your suggestions with my friend, I’m sure she’ll get a kick out of some of them, and hopefully she can find one that’s just right! :slight_smile:
Thanks for the great suggestions - Keep them coming!

[name]Zafiro[/name]- Spanish for [name]Sapphire[/name]!

My older car was [name]Phoebe[/name] and the newer is [name]Tess[/name], and I assure you that both were/are very happy with their names. :slight_smile:

What about [name]Eloise[/name]? It means healthy and wide, and her car sounds quite sturdy. :slight_smile:

[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] (I’d love to meet a car named [name]Beatrix[/name])
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] (if her blue car has a dry sense of humor)
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Olive[/name] (see [name]Hazel[/name])
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] (see [name]Hazel[/name])
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name] (nn [name]Tibbie[/name])
[name]Violet[/name] (see [name]Hazel[/name])
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

Spunky names (to me):

[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]

I can’t wait to hear her car’s name! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

She could always get a name from the Gone in 60 Seconds movie.

[name]Cricket[/name]
Bumblebee

Sounds like this car needs a rugged, handsome boy name! [name]Austin[/name], [name]Dempsey[/name], [name]Avis[/name], [name]Cutler[/name], [name]Culver[/name], [name]Cedar[/name], [name]Paulie[/name], [name]Rufus[/name], [name]Jed[/name], [name]Tobias[/name], [name]Cain[/name], [name]Gulliver[/name]. Okay, the weren’t all rugged and handsome, but the might work…

Here are past names of cars that either I or my friends have had.
Boo, [name]Romeo[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Tessa[/name], [name]Gretta[/name], [name]Elliot[/name]…I’m sure there’s more but I can’t remember them atm…

Sounds like this car needs a rugged, handsome boy name! [name]Austin[/name], [name]Dempsey[/name], [name]Avis[/name], [name]Cutler[/name], [name]Culver[/name], [name]Cedar[/name], [name]Paulie[/name], [name]Rufus[/name], [name]Jed[/name], [name]Tobias[/name], [name]Cain[/name], [name]Gulliver[/name]. Okay, the weren’t all rugged and handsome, but the might work…[/quote]

PS - I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Sapphira[/name]!

Sounds like this car needs a rugged, handsome boy name! [name]Austin[/name], [name]Dempsey[/name], [name]Avis[/name], [name]Cutler[/name], [name]Culver[/name], [name]Cedar[/name], [name]Paulie[/name], [name]Rufus[/name], [name]Jed[/name], [name]Tobias[/name], [name]Cain[/name], [name]Gulliver[/name]. Okay, the weren’t all rugged and handsome, but the might work…[/quote]

Cars are girls, you don’t want to send mixed messages, lol.

I have more of a feeling with things, as with pets, you aren’t constrained by people names like you are with children - you can call them Booger if you want to and nobody runs home crying after school from getting teased.

That said, some people who love names really mean they love people names, and more than any other thing that might end up with a name around the house, people think of their cars and pets as friends, and so should have the name of a friend. I would still then choose a name deliberately too far out for a child, but spunky for a 4x4, since the sky’s the limit, there’s no negative consequence for using something unusual or even hard to spell. I used to have a car and named it Super, like Superman. I think once your friend gets to know her car, she’ll know what the car’s name is, like I did.