Ok: My shortlist

We’re a good 6 weeks from finding out the gender, but I can’t stop obsessing about names! So, here are my top choices along with possible combinations, and I’d love any feedback:

1.) [name]Margot[/name]- This has been one of my favorites since I heard it for the first time. Hubby says it’s growing on him, and he thinks it’s a “classy” name. I really like [name]Margot[/name] [name]Penelope[/name].
2.) [name]Gwyneth[/name]- [name]Gwyneth[/name] is a recent name love for me, but DH and I are really loving the nn [name]Gwyn[/name] right now. Our main concern is it’s similarity to our niece, [name]Brynn[/name]'s name. Thoughts? MN suggestions?
3.) [name]Ingrid[/name]- My lovely DH suggested this name to me before we were expecting and it’s been slowly, slowly growing on me ever since. My biggest problem is that I really do not like Ingy as a nickname. So much so that I think I’d melt down if someone called my child this! I much prefer [name]Indie[/name] as a nickname. I really like the combo [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Leona[/name].
4.) [name]Phoebe[/name]- Another name that’s been at the top of hubby and I’s list for months. We love Phebes as a nickname, and so far I’ve come up with [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] as a possible combo. Any other suggestions? I’m not necessarily in love.
5.) [name]Helena[/name]- Also a newer love of mine. Another berry recently suggested [name]Helena[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and I think it might be a winner!

P.S. Our last name is [name]Buchanan[/name].

So, berries, what do you think? Which do you think fit the classic, timeless, but underused bill that we’re going for in a name?

My favorite on your list is [name]Gwenyth[/name]. I absolutely adore it! I don’t think the [name]Gwyn[/name]/[name]Brynn[/name] thing is a big deal at all. [name]Phoebe[/name] is also really cute, and spunky. [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is darling! [name]Ingrid[/name] is my third favorite from your list, and I despise the nn “Ingy” too. [name]Indy[/name] and [name]Iggy[/name] are cute. [name]Margot[/name] feels stuffy to me. [name]Helena[/name] is okay, not my cup of tea.

I love [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] and either goes well with your last name. I have [name]Helena[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name] on my own shortlist.

[name]Helena[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is nice.

I love every name except [name]Gwyneth[/name], which reminds me too much of [name]Gwyneth[/name] Paltrow. I prefer [name]Gwendolen[/name], which I love, actually.

I think the combo [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Leona[/name] is gorgeous.

[name]Helena[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is very pretty!

[name]Gwyneth[/name] is very distinguished with your last name! And the nn [name]Gwyn[/name] or [name]Gwen[/name] is so cute. Overall very chic choice :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] love all of them, how do you pick just one? :slight_smile:

The only one I definitely wouldn’t pick is [name]Phoebe[/name] – I mean, I love that name, but [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name] sounds rather stuttery to me.

I have met several Ingrids and not one of them was ever called Ingy, so I wouldn’t worry about that too much. I actually think that one of the great things about [name]Ingrid[/name] is that it doesn’t really need a nickname – if there’s a family nickname that arises spontaneously, then that’s great, but she doesn’t require a shorter version of her name to get around in the world, you know? Anyway, I love the rhythm of a two-syllable first with your last name, so I would cast my vote for [name]Margot[/name], [name]Ingrid[/name], or [name]Gwyneth[/name]. But the [name]Gwyn[/name]/[name]Brynn[/name] thing might put me off, if you are likely to see a lot of that branch of the family.

[name]Helena[/name] would make a lovely middle with any of those names, although I do like [name]Margot[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] a lot.

Thanks berries!