Okay, help!

Our 8 yr old daughter is named Zig. She is finally going to be a big sister this winter. We plan to find out baby’s sex, but need help coming up with a name as short, quirky and unique as Zig - which obviously is a genderless name. No all suggestions need to be unisex, though! Any and all suggestions are super appreciated. Preferably 2 syllables [name_u]MAX[/name_u]. our last name is a mouthful.

Thanks folks!

I just put the boy and girls list together because some are unisex.
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_m]Maks[/name_m]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_u]Nile[/name_u]
[name_m]Ace[/name_m]
[name_u]Pace[/name_u]
[name_f]Nova[/name_f]
[name_u]Kiva[/name_u]
[name_f]Niva[/name_f]
[name_f]Lux[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_f]Nan[/name_f]
[name_f]Noor[/name_f]
[name_u]Pax[/name_u]
[name_m]Dax[/name_m]
[name_m]Dex[/name_m]
[name_f]Vivi[/name_f]
[name_m]Rune[/name_m]
Quil
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_m]Penn[/name_m]
Hux
[name_m]Huck[/name_m]
[name_m]Oz[/name_m]- is the Z’s too much? I kept on thinking of Z names. Lol.

Zig is such a cool name! I went to college with a Zekiel who went by Zig/[name_m]Ziggy[/name_m]. He really didn’t like [name_m]Zeke[/name_m] which is what his parents intended him to be called. Lol.

This is a great list! I love many of the names on it.

And thanks for thinking Zig is a cool name. It suits her very very well, but I’ve had flack about it over the years from people who think I’ve done her a great disservice by giving her an uncommon name.

Zig is so cool!

Hm… how about:

[name_m]Zane[/name_m]
[name_f]Elle[/name_f]
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]
[name_m]Axel[/name_m]
[name_m]Axe[/name_m]
[name_m]Ace[/name_m]
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]

(Maybe Zag? [name_m]Just[/name_m] kidding :P)

Zig is such a cool, interesting choice! Here are some more suggestions! Couldn’t resist putting [name_f]Lux[/name_f] on there, even though a previous poster also listed it. [name_f]Lux[/name_f] was the first thing that came to mind when I read your post. I also really love [name_u]Kai[/name_u]. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] some of these are along the right lines of what you’re looking for!

[name_f]Lux[/name_f]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_u]Taj[/name_u]
[name_u]Pax[/name_u]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u]
[name_m]Axl[/name_m]
[name_u]Rio[/name_u]
[name_u]Xen[/name_u]
[name_m]Zeus[/name_m]
[name_f]Clea[/name_f]
[name_m]Pike[/name_m]
[name_u]Roan[/name_u]
[name_f]Snow[/name_f]
[name_m]Teo[/name_m]
[name_u]Vega[/name_u]
[name_u]Blaze[/name_u]
[name_f]Roxy[/name_f]

I’m just querying this guys :slight_smile: Waiting for a reply.

I’m loving [name_f]Lux[/name_f] and [name_f]Roxy[/name_f]! And [name_m]Zeus[/name_m]! As for [name_u]Rex[/name_u] - we call the baby T-[name_u]Rex[/name_u] right now as part of an inside joke.

Can you reply to my PM please?

Bex is my favorite short name right now—Bexley or Bexler if you want it longer–Some other suggestions
Girls
[name_u]Ever[/name_u]
[name_u]Echo[/name_u]
[name_f]Greer[/name_f]
[name_f]Lux[/name_f]
[name_u]Rue[/name_u]
[name_u]Rio[/name_u]
Boys
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m]
[name_m]Enoch[/name_m] (I love this one)
[name_m]Toran[/name_m]

Ok, there’s a bit of an explanation here but the story checks out :slight_smile:

[name_m]Just[/name_m] to clarify - Zig’s given name is in fact [name_m]Zo[/name_m]ë. But she has never gone by [name_m]Zo[/name_m]ë and is Zig on her ID and at school. She’s very much a Zig and not so much a [name_m]Zo[/name_m]ë!

Sorry for any confusion.

Would you go for the same situation you did with Zig? A more common given name with an uncommon nn that they’d go by? Like [name_m]Felix[/name_m] nn [name_m]Fox[/name_m]; [name_u]Dane[/name_u] nn [name_m]Dax[/name_m]

You seem to be drawn to the X’s. [name_u]Rex[/name_u], [name_f]Lux[/name_f], [name_f]Roxy[/name_f]…

Jenx
[name_f]Nix[/name_f]
[name_m]Ajax[/name_m]
Rook
Ink
[name_m]Enzo[/name_m]
[name_u]Zen[/name_u]

We are actually considering legally changing Zig’s name because it’s a hassle to have her legal name be something other than how she identifies. I’d like to avoid that if possible this time.

And yes, I seem to be drawn to x’s. But I’m open to all sorts of suggestions :slight_smile:

Met a lady today named Willaby. It might go on the list :wink:

[name_m]How[/name_m] about Wexley nn Wex?

Hmm kinda sounds like a speech impediment. Like trying to say either [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] or [name_u]Rex[/name_u] and failing.