Old Berry, New Thread

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries,

[name_m]Just[/name_m] coming back around to say hi to those who have been around for a minute. [name_f]My[/name_f] 4th, 5th, & 6th kids were named with the help of these forums. And after we were foster parents, I wanted to have a 7th child, but instead I had a nervous breakdown (true story).

I’m writing a memoir about parenting six kids (and a foster kid)—while bipolar. It’s tentatively called The Sweary Mommy (by [name_f]Lindy[/name_f] Vogel; pen name.). Back when I wrote a few articles for Nameberry, I went by [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] B. [name_m]Miller[/name_m] (in case anyone remembers my Dr. Seuss [name_f]Baby[/name_f] Names, Geek Chic [name_m]Science[/name_m] Names, etc,).

Anyway, hope y’all are doing well. I was thrilled to see one of my favorite names come up on a recent trends list: [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]. Sigh maybe I’ll have a granddaughter named [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] one day!

I’ll be lurking, looking wistfully at names, and trying not to shamelessly plug my book. :slight_smile:

-Laura
Mom of [name_m]James[/name_m], [name_m]Will[/name_m], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_m]Zach[/name_m], [name_m]George[/name_m], & [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]

17 Likes

Massive congratulations on your novel wishing you all the best with it :two_hearts:

We need more parenting books highlighting different experiences so wishing you all the best

1 Like

That’s so exciting! I hope your writing project goes well!

1 Like

I absolutely remember you! [name_m]Welcome[/name_m] back, I had wondered about you but also figured if I had a small army I’d be too busy to post too! So exciting to hear that you are writing a book, I hope you keep us updated. And I truly hope your mental health struggles are manageable these days, as I remind myself often, the path is not linear :two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much, @Kibby! I will keep you all updated!

Thanks, @_thelittlefairywren!

1 Like

Thank you, @tori101! It’s been wild as hell. Hopefully somebody can learn from my mistakes.

1 Like

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

— [name_m]Albert[/name_m] Einstein

I really like this quote and it really sums up life as a parent as it’s full of learning curves!

1 Like

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] to see you back! It’s nice to see another [name_f]Berry[/name_f] from awhile back pop in. Congratulations on your book and definitely keep us posted on it! As a mother who has mental health struggles too, reading memoirs/books from people who have “been there” is such a lifeline sometimes.

1 Like

Good to see you again! I’m pretty sure we were on the same Babies Due thread at least once.

I can barely manage with two, I can’t imagine what it’s like with six. I’d love to read your book!