Olga and Miriam - opinions?

[name_f]Olga[/name_f] is a family name I’m thinking of giving to my daughter and [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] is a name that my husband loves and that I’m beginning to love as well. I like that the meaning based on the biblical story of St. [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is “wished for child” because this baby comes after a very painful miscarriage. I would like to know other users’ opinions.

[name_f]Miriam[/name_f] [name_f]Olga[/name_f] would be lovely! I find [name_f]Olga[/name_f] very hard as a first name, but [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] as first really softens it.

I agree with the PP :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] and the meaning! [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] is such an underused little gem [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Olga[/name_f]…it seems heavy and grumpy to me.

[name_f]Miriam[/name_f] [name_f]Olga[/name_f] sounds pretty awesome

I really like [name_f]Olga[/name_f]! I think of the beautiful actress [name_f]Olga[/name_f] Kurylenko. Unfortunately where I live it’s considered very old-fashioned though.

[name_f]Miriam[/name_f] is a lovely, classic choice.

[name_f]Olga[/name_f] would be cruel to give to a child. But [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] is sweet, although [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] [name_f]Milagros[/name_f] is a mouthful.

I think, despite its lovely menaing, [name_f]Olga[/name_f] would be a little heavy for a child, especially when you consider its phonetic similarity with the word ‘Ogre’. [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] however is gorgeous, and the meaning seems so very special for you in your current situation. [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] [name_f]Olga[/name_f] would be a beautiful combination for your daughter-I think [name_f]Olga[/name_f] could work in the middle spot.

I really like [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] [name_f]Olga[/name_f]!

Hmm. [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] [name_f]Milagros[/name_f] doesn’t have the best flow, but it does lead to the fun nickname [name_f]Mimi[/name_f].

Regardless, [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] (which I almost suggested on your other thread, but didn’t because it was another M name!) and [name_f]Olga[/name_f] are both strong, striking options. Personally, I think [name_f]Olga[/name_f] sounds okay when it’s said in pretty much any accent but American and UK ones. I actually once met a Hispanic (I think from [name_f]El[/name_f] [name_m]Salvador[/name_m]?) [name_f]Olga[/name_f] and thought, “huh. That name works really well on her and sounds good when she says it.”

I really love [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]!

I have always absolutely loved both names, and I’m torn between which one I favor. Although seeing your signature, I would assume your little one’s middle name will be [name_f]Milagros[/name_f]? I think [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] ([name_f]Miri[/name_f]?) would go well with [name_f]Milagros[/name_f].