Olive and Elle? Identical Twin Girl Names

We are expecting identical twin girls in the next few weeks. We really like [name_f]Olive[/name_f] for one of the names. Thinking [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] or [name_u]Jade[/name_u] for the middle name. We think another vowel name would be cute and like the simplicity of [name_f]Elle[/name_f]. We have tossed around [name_f]Elle[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] since it’s a family name. [name_f]Do[/name_f] these names flow together well for the twins or just as individual names?? Our last name is Longnecker so thinking short and sweet first names might be better :grimacing::smile:

I think I’d go with [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]Jade[/name_u] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Elle[/name_f]. [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f] are harder to say together, whereas [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] both have two syllables which feels nice. Could also do [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f], but then [name_f]Ella[/name_f] would maybe need a different middle name than [name_f]Audrey[/name_f].

3 Likes

olive & elle work really well together! they’re both sleek, short, and trendy without being insanely popular

the only thing that worries me a tad bit about elle is how it runs into the L of your last name, making it sound a bit like the word elongate. it’s not necessarily a deal-breaker, just something to consider

some more suggestions for first names:
olive and
anna
anya
adele
autumn
calla/callie
cleo
clara
colette
daisy
elsie
ever
eliza
fay
flora
fiona
harley
iris
lara
lena
mae
maeve
molly
milly
mira
maya
phoebe
penny
rose
roxy
rowan
sylvie
tessa
thea
thalia
vera
winter

Yes, I think those names work well together!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f] are darling twin names. Very cohesive and sleek, while not being too matchy.

I would choose [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
or
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]Jade[/name_u] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f] [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] (could still honour Audrey?)

Congratulations :two_hearts:

You’ve got such a lovely selection of names! I really like [name_f]Olive[/name_f] she’s sweet and spunky I absolutely love [name_f]Jane[/name_f] with [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is a pretty name with a vintage flair that works well with [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. Whereas for me [name_u]Jade[/name_u] feels a bit off with [name_f]Olive[/name_f] maybe too wordy for me.

[name_f]Elle[/name_f] is also gorgeous such a sweet simplistic name that’s elegant feels to me very Parisian chic and classy. I think [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] sounds wonderful with [name_f]Elle[/name_f].

However I do agree with @Zinnia_Bloom for me [name_f]Olive[/name_f] & [name_f]Elle[/name_f] are a bit challenging to say together. I think maybe [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] or even [name_f]Belle[/name_f] or [name_f]Nell[/name_f] would work better just easier to say. [name_u]Or[/name_u] alternatively swap the names around I think [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Elle[/name_f] sounds stunning and think [name_f]Olive[/name_f] & [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] are great together. If your keen on an ‘Elle’ name I think [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] could still work despite the run of the ‘a’ sounds and I also really like the idea of [name_f]Olive[/name_f] & [name_f]Nell[/name_f] together.

Good luck

1 Like

I totally agree! I’d definitely avoid overly matchy names for identical twins, and Olive and Elle complement each other stylistically but sound nicely distinct from each other.

I love Olive Jane and Elle Audrey together — super chic, cool and cute, and I like how they mirror each other in terms of syllable count.

Olive and Jade are both shades of green so I wouldn’t use those together.

Congratulations on your exciting news and best of luck! :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

I think [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f] are lovely together. I prefer [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], as [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]Jade[/name_u] are two shades of green. [name_f]Elle[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is beautiful.

[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] would be lovely together and are beautiful individually too

Agree that [name_f]Olive[/name_f] & [name_f]Elle[/name_f] make a cute twinset! [name_f]Elle[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is really sweet and charming.

I’d also like to suggest [name_f]Olive[/name_f] & [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f] & Phoebe…I think these make really lovely sets as well and I like the idea of another 2 syllable, vintage-esque name with [name_f]Olive[/name_f].

Maybe something like:
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]Jade[/name_u] & [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Hazel[/name_u]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] & [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]

[name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f] are lovely but I would be slightly put off by the running together of [name_f]Elle[/name_f] and Longnecker. Would you consider [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]? I actually adore [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] with [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and it sounds better with your surname (and allows for you to use [name_f]Elle[/name_f] as a nickname). [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] would be lovely too.

[name_u]Honest[/name_u] opinion:

I like [name_f]Olive[/name_f] & [name_f]Elle[/name_f] together, but I don’t think [name_f]Elle[/name_f] goes well with your surname. It’s awkward to say because of the repeating ‘L’ sound. [name_f]Elle[/name_f] would be a lovely nickname for a longer name that would sound better with your surname.

Some suggestions:

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]

Personally, I like [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] or [name_f]Elise[/name_f] with nicknames [name_f]Oly[/name_f] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f].

[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] or maybe….
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Oly[/name_f] or [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f] or [name_f]Lola[/name_f]

[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Oly[/name_f] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f] or [name_f]Lise[/name_f] or Lisi

[name_f]Elle[/name_f] just seems a little too short. Maybe….
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], nicknamed [name_f]Elle[/name_f]

Good luck with your decision.

[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] are lovely together. I also love the sound of [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Elle[/name_f].

What if [name_f]Elle[/name_f] needs to be referred to as [name_f]Elle[/name_f] L. ? Thats the only odd thing I can think of. I love [name_f]Olive[/name_f] + [name_f]Elle[/name_f]!

1 Like

Olive and Elle are so sweet together , I think they compliment each other nicely without being overly matchy

I do think Elle with your last name might run into one another though. This could be remedied easy enough and use Elle as a nickname for
Eleanor
Elizabeth
Eloise
Elora
Ella
Danielle
Gabrielle
Annabelle
Estelle
Giselle
Marielle
Isobel

I really love
Olive + Estelle
Olive + Eleanor
Olive + Ella
Olive + Isobel

Olive Jane , and Estelle Audrey
Olive Jade and Eleanor Audrey
Olive Jane and Ella Audrey
Olive Jade and Isobel Audrey

[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]Jade[/name_u] makes me think of [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_u]Jade[/name_u], [name_f]Lori[/name_f] Loughlin’s daughter who was involved in the big college scandal. And someone else mentioned it but I also thought of it too: [name_f]Elle[/name_f] would probably need to be called [name_f]Elle[/name_f] L. in certain situations. Maybe [name_f]Ella[/name_f] or [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is better?

Oh I love these! [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] are beautiful. I love the vowels paired together for their names. With a longer last name, the one syllable and simple first names are perfect. (Elle has always been one of my most fav names!)

I’ve changed my mind. I had suggested [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Elle[/name_f], but after rereading the thread, I really can appreciate the understated simplicity of [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f]. I applauded your original suggestion. I just wanted to let you know. And, I do not think [name_f]Elle[/name_f] with your surname beginning with an L will be a problem. IMO it can be pronounced easily and has great flow. I especially like that it is a one syllable first with a three syllable last name.

Good luck with your decision. I hope you use these names.

I love [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f] together, they feel tailored and stylish! Unfortunately I do have to agree with some of the above posters that [name_f]Elle[/name_f] Longnecker is a tad difficult to say. I love your thinking for short and sweet names though!

Ideas:
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Elle[/name_f] (seconding)
[name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] (seconding)
[name_u]Cleo[/name_u] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] (seconding)
[name_f]Adele[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] (seconding)
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_u]Clare[/name_u] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]

If [name_f]Elle[/name_f] is truly the name you love though, and you don’t find it too hard to say with your last name (just because it doesn’t work in my accent doesn’t mean it work with with yours), then I’d say go for it! [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is lovely, and [name_f]Elle[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] matches in modern timelessness.