Olive, Kit, and ????????

I love these ones:
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Mae[/name] (I prefer [name]Mae[/name] to [name]Mabel[/name]. [name]Mae[/name] just seems more fresh and new, like your other girls names)
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Luna[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Lulu[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Gigi[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Cleo[/name] (I prefer the spelling [name]Clio[/name], but [name]Cleo[/name] is fine too)
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Mira[/name] (nn [name]Miri[/name]) I love [name]Miri[/name] a s a nickname.
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], & [name]Pheobe[/name] (nn [name]Bea[/name]) [name]Phoebe[/name] is the traditional spelling, I’m not sure if this was a typo, but I love [name]Phoebe[/name]. [name]BeeBee[/name] / [name]BiBi[/name] is a cute nickname.

My top 3 favorites are [name]Cleo[/name], [name]Lulu[/name], and [name]Phoebe[/name].

Other names [name]Lulu[/name] could be a nickname for:
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Luciana[/name]
[name]Lucienne[/name]
[name]Lux[/name]
[name]Luz[/name] (pronounced looz)
[name]Louisa[/name] / [name]Luisa[/name] / [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Lucetta[/name] / [name]Lucette[/name]
[name]Lula[/name] (means lady/princess in Gaelic. So does [name]Tallulah[/name])
[name]Lorelei[/name] (doesn’t have the loo sound, but sure has a lot of L’s!)

[name]Gigi[/name] could be a nickname for:
[name]Gianna[/name]
[name]Giovanna[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Geneva[/name]
[name]Gillian[/name] / [name]Jillian[/name]
[name]Georgina[/name]
Geogiana (pronounced jor-[name]JAY[/name]-nuh in [name]England[/name]. [name]Jane[/name]/[name]Janey[/name] could also be a nickname)
[name]Giada[/name] (Italian for [name]Jade[/name])
[name]Angelina[/name] / [name]Angeline[/name] / [name]Angelique[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name]

Not sure if you’ll like any of these, I don’t think any of them go that well with [name]Olive[/name] and [name]Kit[/name], but I thought I’d throw them out there.

Thanks [name]Eva[/name].

And yeah I misspelled [name]Phoebe[/name] (Oops, Typo!)

What about [name]Susannah[/name], nickname [name]Sunny[/name]? [name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], and [name]Sunny[/name]. I think [name]Marigold[/name] or [name]Magnolia[/name] (nn [name]Maggie[/name]) would be cute, too. :slight_smile:

[name]Sunny[/name] is really cute, ( I like the [name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], and [name]Sunny[/name]) but I don’t love [name]Suzanna[/name] or [name]Suzanne[/name]. Any other names that [name]Sunny[/name] could be a nickname for?

I think [name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], and [name]Sunny[/name] is adorable (and spunky), too! :slight_smile:

Let’s see…[name]Susannah[/name] is out as a source for [name]Sunny[/name], so what about:

[name]Marisol[/name]: Means sea and sun
[name]Eleanor[/name]: I found where it means sun ray and shining light
[name]Eliana[/name]: Means sun
[name]Thea[/name]/[name]Theodora[/name]: I found that [name]Thea[/name] is the mother of the sun, the moon, and dawn… (I think the style works with [name]Olive[/name] and [name]Kit[/name])
[name]Sunday[/name]: Definitely quirky! I think [name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name], and [name]Sunday[/name], nn [name]Sunny[/name], is cute!
[name]Sonia[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]: Associated with dawn, when sun rises
[name]Diana[/name]: [name]Goddess[/name] of the [name]Moon[/name], so you could go for the ironic [name]Sunny[/name] nickname (a total stretch…)

With [name]Kit[/name] being [name]Kit[/name], I don’t see why [name]Sunny[/name] can’t be [name]Sunny[/name], without a longer name.

I seriously love all of your options! :slight_smile:

Excellent point about [name]Sunny[/name] standing alone! I love [name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name] & [name]Sunny[/name]! Great Trio! Of the full name/nn choices, I’m digging [name]Thea[/name], [name]Marisol[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name] (could also nn [name]Nora[/name] which fits the trio nicely) and [name]Sunday[/name]. You have such great choices!!

[name]Sunny[/name] is cute, but [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] warn:
“Short form too reductive for a fully dimensional human, even if [name]Michael[/name] “Flea” Balzary of the [name]Red[/name] Hot [name]Chili[/name] Peppers did call his daughter [name]Sunny[/name] Bebop and [name]Adam[/name] Sandler named his [name]Sunny[/name] [name]Madeline[/name].”

It should definitely be a nickname for something. I do love [name]Susanne[/name], but that’s not important right now. I do think as a formal name, it’s a lot less substantial and able than [name]Kit[/name]. [name]Kit[/name] sounds like a scrapper, I’d hire a lawyer named [name]Kit[/name], I’d take skydiving lessons from someone named [name]Kit[/name]. [name]Sunny[/name] is cute for a child, but not an adult, sorry.

[name]Sun[/name] is listed as a Korean name that doesn’t mean the sun, a character on “Lost” has that name (don’t spoil “Lost” for me if something happened to [name]Sun[/name]! - I haven’t watched it in 3 years, but I intend to catch up). I like [name]Sun[/name] better, but not great. [name]Sunday[/name] is interesting. I would not throw out her resume. When I see something like “[name]Sunny[/name] [name]Madeline[/name],” I think mostly if you are unsure how your child will grow into their whimsical first name and give them a safety name (which some middle names appear to be), you ought to give it a lot more thought.

I knew a [name]Sunny[/name] in high school, but that was a nickname for [name]Sundeep[/name], her full name, she was [name]Indian[/name]. I signed some of my notes to my friends “[name]Sunny[/name]” when I was 15 and went through a brief hippie phase. I’ve been liking the process so far, but I don’t like formal name [name]Sunny[/name], just [name]Sunny[/name].

I can see your point about it needing to be short for something. I probably would have said the same until I recently started working at a company with a [name]Sunny[/name] in a position of importance. I don’t actually know if hers is short for anything. But, she pulls off the name splendidly. She’s absolutely got the right personality to make it work.

And, I also work out a company where more flamboyant personalities are celebrated. [name]Sunny[/name] as a full name might not work so well on [name]Wall[/name] [name]Street[/name] or the White House? Then again, the right personality carries the name. The problem is that there’s no guarantee on that one…

Thanks [name]Jill[/name] for the other suggestions. [name]Kit[/name]'s middle name is [name]Aurora[/name] so that’s out. [name]Sunday[/name] is really sweet. I love that. [name]Thea[/name] is cute too. I agree with you [name]Karen[/name]. I had no problem putting just [name]Kit[/name] on her birth certificate, but I feel that [name]Sunny[/name] is more of a nickname, than a real name, if that makes sense.

I love [name]Thea[/name] and [name]Sunday[/name]!

Forgive me if I repeat a suggestion… I really like the suggestions of [name]Mae[/name]/[name]Mabel[/name], [name]Belle[/name], and [name]LuLu[/name]

[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Suri[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Fern[/name]
[name]Della[/name]
[name]Betta[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Marlo[/name]
[name]Millie[/name]
[name]Neve[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] NN [name]Dot[/name] (may be too close to [name]Kit[/name])
[name]March[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]

You’re welcome. :slight_smile: With [name]Olive[/name] and [name]Kit[/name], [name]Thea[/name] and [name]Sunday[/name] (nickname [name]Sunny[/name]) are my favorites, too. :slight_smile: [name]Sunday[/name] just feels quirky enough, with a dash of perkiness and elegance at the same time. I love it with your girls’ names.

[name]Sunday[/name] is certainly the more obvious [name]Sunny[/name] source, but I think [name]Thea[/name]'s tie to [name]Sunny[/name] is cool, too.

The bottom line, is that you give your babies great names, and I have no doubt that whatever name you choose for this little one, it will be fantastic. :slight_smile:

So far, I like [name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name] and (in no particular order):

[name]Mabel[/name]/[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name]
[name]Mira[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Edie[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Maude[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name]

I just read 5 and a half pages of names and I might have skipped over some more that I like especially. I like [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] also, I don’t think colors/nature is an issue unless you pick something like [name]Jade[/name] which is also green like [name]Olive[/name]. [name]Jade[/name] would otherwise be also on my list of faves. I guess if you think “colors” would be too close to a structured theme in which [name]Kit[/name] would be left out, I would say [name]Aurora[/name] covers that base adequately.

Thanks everyone! You’ve been a big help.

Sorry, I’m a bit late in this thread but just in case you’re still thinking…

[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Frieda[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Bebe[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Sookie[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Esme[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Florrie[/name] ([name]Florence[/name])
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Posie[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Ethel[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] / [name]Gracie[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Marcie[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Thisbe[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Gretchen[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Olive[/name], [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Martha[/name]

If you’ve already chosen one, what did you go for?

I knew a [name]Sonia[/name] who went by [name]Sunny[/name] and I thought that was cute if you’re still looking for a full name for [name]Sunny[/name]!

[name]Hi[/name] Subee,

We named her [name]Nola[/name] [name]Belle[/name], but we call her [name]Lala[/name]. [name]Kit[/name] came up with her nickname.