Oliver and Jasper? too many -ers?

Hello

We are thinking of calling our second boy [name]Jasper[/name]… first son is [name]Oliver[/name]…
Is this too similar? Like too many -ers?

Hoping he comes out looking like something! We also like [name]Emmett[/name], but I don’t want it to sound all American football… thoughts on this?

Thx!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] together

I think it’s fine. [name]Jasper[/name] is a handsome name, and it’s gorgeous with [name]Oliver[/name].

My first thought was that [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] sound too similar. But, it’s warmed on me. Does [name]Oliver[/name] get called [name]Ollie[/name] (or something else as a NN)? If so then the names work together even better.

Yes he is an [name]Ollie[/name]… so would probably be [name]Ollie[/name] and Jasp!

I think [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] are fine together! They have such strong personalities on their own that it took me a while to notice the whole [name]Jasper[/name]/[name]Oliver[/name]/er thing the first time I saw them paired together. I think [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] are fine for brothers. :slight_smile:

As for [name]Emmett[/name], I really don’t think the all-American football thing is a problem, haha. That’s actually the last concern I have with it–when I think of [name]Emmett[/name], I think of first [name]Emmett[/name] in Twilight, then [name]Emmett[/name] Milbarge (who was a short-lived character on the TV show [name]Chuck[/name]–he was so annoying! haha. Probably the worst [name]Emmett[/name] association for me), then that the predominant nns ([name]Em[/name], [name]Emmy[/name], [name]Emma[/name], Ems, etc.) seem quite feminine. Someone once argued with me and said that Mett is a perfectly fine nn for [name]Emmett[/name], which I’m sure it is, but I don’t feel it’s appealing enough for me to use, lol, so as far as nns go, [name]Emmett[/name] doesn’t really have any, and I’m afraid of the whole “[name]Emmy[/name]” teasing when he’s in school… And then I think of [name]Emmett[/name] [name]Smith[/name], but I don’t think most automatically go there. I like [name]Everett[/name] as an alternative (love it, actually), but I don’t know if that would appeal to you, or if the problems with [name]Emmett[/name] would be a deal-breaker…

Good luck!

I think it’s just fine! In fact, I know a family with three children: [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], and [name]Oliver[/name]. Their names suit them beautifully. If you love it, go for it!

I think it’s fine, especially with the different nns. My brother’s name and mine ended in the same sound, ([name]Whitney[/name] and [name]Kenny[/name]), and it was usually ok. Annoying occasionally because we couldn’t always tell who our parents were yelling for (or at :wink: but it wasn’t that big of a deal. [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] probably won’t have that problem much because they each have a different number of syllables and the first parts of the name sound so different. Good luck!

I think [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] are great together.

[name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] sound fine together, as do [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Emmett[/name], although, if you ever end up with a third boy, you might want to avoid a name that ends in -r.

Funny, I have a [name]Jasper[/name] and want boy #2 to be [name]Oliver[/name]! I think they go great together. But Im having a hard time finding a 3rd boys name that is equally great with them.

I think they work fine, but I prefer [name]Emmett[/name] to [name]Jasper[/name].