Ollie MN help.

[name]Both[/name] my husband and I love the name [name]Ollie[/name]. Yes I realize that to some it may seem more like a nn. Besides [name]Oliver[/name] we have yet to find a name that we actually love as much as just [name]Ollie[/name]. Besides [name]Ollie[/name] my husband really likes [name]Michael[/name].
Help me find a middle name that you think works with [name]Ollie[/name].
I’ve posted my last name here before so here it is again Celentano pronounced sell-in-tah-no.

[name]TIA[/name]

Ollie____Celentano

What about [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Michael[/name]?
A friends little boy is just that.
theres no reason why you cant just refer to him as [name]Ollie[/name] though…

What about [name]Oliver[/name] [name]David[/name]?

We really want just [name]Ollie[/name]. We talked about [name]Oliver[/name] a little a more and decided we’d rather just name him [name]Ollie[/name]. I don’t really like [name]Ollie[/name] [name]Michael[/name] together.

I’m sorry, but giving a child a nickname as a real name is something that I have never been able to understand. They can go by their nickname by everyone close to them, but having to put [name]Ollie[/name] on a job application and official documents just seems a little silly. [name]Oliver[/name] is a wonderful name that will grow with him in a way that [name]Ollie[/name] never can.

For the most part I would agree with you but there are just some names
I love regardless if they seem like a nickname to the rest of the world.
I knew the name [name]Ollie[/name] wouldn’t be received well by most. My question wasn’t whether or not you liked the name but what middle name would fit with it. [name]Ollie[/name] isn’t “the one” at least not as of today but it is a name that we keep going back to.
What’s the point in giving your child a name you really don’t love just to call him by a nickname that you do?
My feelings are not hurt because you don’t like a name that I do. I’m glad that we don’t all share the same taste in names. [name]How[/name] boring would that be?
Thanks for your opinion. :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] Disa!

[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Everett[/name]
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]

(The longer ones are a lot with your last name, but I still think they work if you’re looking for a longer name.)

Two syllables:

[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Edward[/name]
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Redford[/name]
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Vincent[/name] (Oops…too much ssss with Celentano. Darn! I really liked [name]Ollie[/name] [name]Vincent[/name]!)

One syllable:

[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]James[/name] (AHH! Sorry…I forgot about the last name again.)

(I think I like the longer names better, though, but that’s just me.) :slight_smile:

It’s amazing how many names end with sss sounds!

Good luck, Disa!

Thank you for the reply [name]Jill[/name] :slight_smile:
My hubby is being so stubborn with
middle names for [name]Ollie[/name].
I love so many of your suggestions
especially -
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] - [name]Sebastian[/name] is high on my personal list
but DH isn’t on board.
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] - is my DH’s middle name and he’s never liked it.
Too bad because every [name]Ben[/name] I’ve ever met has been so sweet.
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Vincent[/name] - I like even with the heavy ssss I like [name]Michael[/name] [name]Vincent[/name] too.
I’ve found having a last name that begins with the “s” sound
does nix some middle names for sure.
[name]Michael[/name] is still his top name. Besides it’s popularity (and boy is it popular)
and despite the recent passing of [name]Michael[/name] [name]Jackson[/name], I do like [name]Michael[/name].
My fears with [name]Michael[/name] are that it’s too common, however I haven’t heard of too many
little [name]Michael[/name]'s at school lately, not like you’d think. My other fear is that people
might think we were huge MJ fans. I liked [name]Michael[/name] but I haven’t been a HUGE fan since the white glove.

I just sent a text to my DH asking if he liked [name]Ollie[/name] [name]Rhodes[/name] and he said he did. I think I might faint.
I know better than to get excited but this is progress. He said he really liked it. I’m feeling light headed now. …:wink:

What does everyone think about [name]Ollie[/name] [name]Rhodes[/name]?

[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Jameson[/name]

[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Holden[/name]
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Maverick[/name]
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Preston[/name]
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Schuyler[/name]
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Truman[/name]
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Coltrane[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Rhodes[/name] is really handsome! Isn’t it so exciting when your hubby texts that he likes a name you didn’t think he’d like? That’s the best!

One of the original Disney animators was [name]Ollie[/name] [name]Johnston[/name]. His full name was [name]Oliver[/name], but I believe he went exclusively by [name]Ollie[/name] his whole life. That’s the name he’s credited in movies and books he worked on. He co-wrote The Illusion of Life (one of the best books on animation - ever). He seems like he was a really great man. Sorry to get all nerdy (my husband is studying to be an animator, so that’s why I know about this), but I thought you might be interested. He certainly wasn’t hindered by using the name [name]Ollie[/name]!

I love the name [name]Ollie[/name], and like you, don’t love [name]Oliver[/name]. I don’t know whether or not I would use [name]Ollie[/name] on it’s own, but that doesn’t matter, if you’re comfortable with it, use it! I love the name [name]Alfie[/name], but not [name]Alfred[/name]. I talked myself into liking it, and up until about a month before he was born, that was his name. I’m so, so glad that I changed my mind and didn’t name him something I didn’t like just to get a nickname I loved.

Good luck to you! If [name]Ollie[/name] turns out to be “the name”, I hope you use it!

This is very close to the list I made yesterday. I love [name]Ollie[/name] [name]Preston[/name], it was on my list! We have friends who have a dog named [name]Preston[/name] and I’m wondering if that’s why he’s not on board with it.

Ones I really liked from my own list that he vetoed -

[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Campbell[/name]
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Rogan[/name]

So far he likes [name]Ollie[/name] [name]Rhodes[/name]. Shhhh no one tell him it means “where roses grow” :wink:

Thank you [name]Lyndsay[/name] :slight_smile:

It’s great to know there is a famous [name]Ollie[/name] out there (albeit he was [name]Oliver[/name]). I think we can definitely make or break a name on our own.
Funny thing we love [name]Allie[/name] for a girl but besides [name]Alice[/name] haven’t found another name that gets us as excited as [name]Allie[/name]. I’d rather have our childs name be something we both love, something that was a reflection of us at the time that we named him/her instead of what we felt was the right name to the rest of the world.

Hey, Disa! :slight_smile: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Ollie[/name] [name]Rhodes[/name]!!! I think it’s so handsome. You can tell your husband it means something manly like “mighty testosterone.” (Only kidding, only kidding…) :slight_smile:

Take care!

yep i like [name]Ollie[/name] [name]Rhodes[/name]. i just had another think and i think a one syllable middle name would fit best, so there you go!

[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Rhodes[/name] is stunning! I also like [name]Ollie[/name] [name]Bennet[/name]

Have you ever considered [name]Wallace[/name] nn [name]Ollie[/name]? I only ask because I just met someone with this name, if it’s not in your taste I am totally on board with not picking a long name you don’t love and never intend to use

I love [name]Ollie[/name] [name]Rhodes[/name].

Great name!

I had a teacher in highschool named Olley it never occurefto me that his real name was [name]Oliver[/name] until I saw it in print! He was a great teacher very gregarious! I think [name]Ollie[/name]/Olley [name]Rhodes[/name] is a handsom combo!

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I had to tell him the meaning :frowning: I know I could have lied but even not saying anything is lying to me. Plus I’d rather he love the name knowing everything about it. So right now he is on the fence with the middle name [name]Rhodes[/name]. I spent a long time rallying for this name last night. I guess that’s a sign that I really like it. While looking up [name]Rhodes[/name] I even found Rhodan which I also like but all he hears is rodent.
We also liked the name-
[name]Ollie[/name] [name]Damian[/name]/[name]Damien[/name]
What does everyone think of that?

I liked [name]Ollie[/name] [name]Rhodes[/name]! I hope your husband keeps it! I also really like [name]Ollie[/name] [name]Preston[/name]!