ONE MORE Lucy question before we fill out birth certificate!

[name]Lucy[/name]'s her name… but should we go with a longer form [name]Lucia[/name] nn [name]Lucy[/name]. Pronounced [name]Lu[/name]-see-a. ([name]Don[/name]'t really like any other forms of [name]Lucy[/name]… i.e. [name]Lucille[/name], [name]Lucinda[/name]…)

Or else have her given name be [name]Lucy[/name]?

Middle name will probably be either [name]Abigail[/name] or [name]Sharon[/name]. If we go with [name]Abigail[/name] as mn, then [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] probably flows better than [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]. But [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Sharon[/name] seems to flow better than [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Sharon[/name]…

Would probably never call her [name]Lucia[/name], though, but do you think she would appreciate a longer name into adulthood or can [name]Lucy[/name] work just fine? Opinions appreciated!

lucy lucy lucy! :slight_smile:

(just 'cause i also voted for lucy abigail)

CO,

Absolutely not! I mean, [name]Lucia[/name] is a beautiful name, but 1) it doesn’t go particularly well with [name]James[/name] and [name]Noah[/name], 2) it doesn’t go particularly well with [name]Anderson[/name], and 3) you wouldn’t ever call her [name]Lucia[/name]!

[name]Lucy[/name] doesn’t need a longer form in my opinion - it is sophisticated and elegant, though spunky and sweet in its own right! Good luck!

I vote [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]… :wink:

[name]Lemon[/name]

[name]LUCY[/name]!

Thank you ladies!!! You all are such great voices of reason. Especially since pregnancy, labor, and post-labor can create quite a roller-coaster of emotions. Really wanted the given name to be [name]Lucy[/name]. But brought [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name]'s book with us to the hospital… “Beyond [name]Aidan[/name] and [name]Ava[/name]”, started skimming through it for mn’s, and ran across ‘[name]Lucy[/name]’ in the Girlish/Girly section vs. Womanly names. [name]Hence[/name] needed to hear some reassurance that this name carries well into adulthood. :slight_smile:

Absolutely it carries well into adulthood. Great choice! Congratulations, CO!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I love [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]!

[name]Just[/name] call her [name]Lucy[/name] I think it is a great stand alone name, and it has a different vibe to all the other [name]Lucy[/name] names.

I know a [name]Lucy[/name], and she is a vibrant, vivacious, independent, intelligent woman who likes a challenge. She is a happy, smiley girl with a cheeky gleam in her eye and is absolutely besotted with her husband that she met in South [name]America[/name] thousands and thousands of miles away from home. She is just so full of enthusiasm for life.

So, I vote for [name]Lucy[/name] for sure - on its own!

All the best!!

Definitely [name]Lucy[/name]! I think [name]Lucia[/name] is really pretty, but [name]Lucy[/name] is perfectly capable of standing on her own! [name]Lucy[/name] is a great name!

I love your [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] combo, perfection!

Congratulations! Here’s another vote for [name]Lucy[/name]! [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] is beautiful!

Since your middle name is [name]Suzanne[/name], I think you would also do well with [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Suzanne[/name] if you would like to pass along your middle name to her. I guess you’ve already considered that though. In which case, go with [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]!

Any of your middle name choices are great in my opinion, and I think that [name]Lucy[/name] is great as-is and doesn’t need a longer form to go with it!

Here’s another vote for [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]! :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Another [name]Lucy[/name] vote! If you never plan to call her the longer name then I don’t see why she would ‘need’ it. Also [name]Lucia[/name] has a lot of variant pronunciations ([name]Lou[/name]-chee-uh; [name]Lou[/name]-shuh) so that would just add to the confusion when she is in school or wherever and has to put her full name on a form.