Opaline

I’m sure you’re all tired of these one-name posts, but I keep finding new names I like after giving others suggestions (it must be the magic of Nameberry :slight_smile: )

What do y’all think of the name [name]Opaline[/name] (pn o-puh-leen)? [name]Do[/name] you think it goes with big sisters Esm” and [name]Ingrid[/name]? I find it to be ultra-feminine with the adorable nickname of [name]Opal[/name] (which as always been a name crush of mine). I’d love to hear your honest thoughts. Thanks!

• [name]Sydnee[/name]

Im not if it goes with [name]Esme[/name], but it sure goes with [name]Ingrid[/name] i think. (Although i like [name]Esme[/name] and [name]Ingrid[/name] together, im not sure i like [name]Esme[/name],[name]Ingrid[/name] and [name]Opaline[/name])

I actually like the name [name]Opaline[/name] but i wouldnt use it myself.

I love the idea of [name]Esme[/name], [name]Ingrid[/name] & [name]Opal[/name], but [name]Opaline[/name] doesn’t feel like it fits as well - maybe it is the third syllable, maybe it is her slightly more elaborate style.

[name]Opal[/name] rocks, though. :slight_smile:

I don’t like opaline, but I love opal and think it works beautifully with esme and [name]Ingrid[/name].

I can see [name]Opaline[/name] (and [name]Opal[/name]) with your daughters’ names, and I like the vowel theme. [name]Opaline[/name] is a bit friller than Esm” and [name]Ingrid[/name], but I don’t think it’s too much. Also, Esm” and [name]Ingrid[/name], while not popular, are a bit more mainstream than [name]Opaline[/name] (I don’t think that’s too much of an issue, personally, but I thought I’d point it out anyways…). Other similar names include [name]Ottoline[/name] and Oph”lie, and there’s also [name]Ottilie[/name].

I love your daughters’ names, by the way! :slight_smile:

Does it fit? Perfectly. I’m making a note of “[name]Opaline[/name] - cute match with [name]Esme[/name]” in my files of interesting names.

hmmm, an eclectic group of responses! Some of you thought it fit wonderfully, others thought it just didn’t fit. I think that the three-syllables might be what throws it off a bit, and that’s something I’m struggling with. I cannot decide if we should stick with a two-syllable for a potential sister or change it up. [name]Ingrid[/name], Esm”, and our other choices (like [name]Opal[/name]) are so different that I don’t think it would feel themey or matching at all. With the boys, we definitely have three-syllable names on our list, so that could break it up as well.

I think I’ve decided that [name]Opaline[/name] is a little too…I don’t want to say “prissy” but maybe just too “girly-girl” sounding to fit perfectly with [name]Ingrid[/name] and Esm”. [name]Opal[/name] has more of that familiar but quirky vibe that we’re looking for. Thanks again!

• [name]Sydnee[/name]

I agree that [name]Opal[/name] goes better with [name]Esme[/name] and [name]Ingrid[/name]. But [name]Opaline[/name] is fine too… I guess I am not one who really care about matching sibling names.