Opinion about Viggo please

I like the name “Viggo” when was proposed by my Scandinavian partner. I like the uniqueness and meaning of the name which means “warrior” but worried that the name is a bit unusual and my son has to spell and explain it to everyone? Am I overthinking it? What do you think?

I like [name_m]Viggo[/name_m] - sparky, rugged and cool.

Are you pronouncing it Vig-o or vee-go?

1 Like

It doesn’t seem like it would be too complicated. It’s very cool!

2 Likes

One of my favorite names! In my opinion, you don’t have to worry about it being too unusual. With names like [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], [name_u]Milo[/name_u], and [name_u]Nico[/name_u] becoming popular names, [name_m]Vigo[/name_m] just stands out as unique and cool without being too out there. :heart:

2 Likes

It’s Vee-go :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_m]Ah[/name_m] nice!! I find it quite easy to figure out the pn and spelling!!

I’m not in the US so I can’t tell how it will be perceived, but [name_m]Viggo[/name_m] is definitely not unheard of and easy enough to work almost everywhere. I just feel like it is very connected to [name_m]Viggo[/name_m] Mortensen. That’s not a bad thing, but still something to be aware of.

I really like [name_m]Viggo[/name_m]! And the Mortensen association makes it more familiar. I don’t see that people would have too much trouble with pronunciation. All in all a great choice I’d say!

[name_m]Viggo[/name_m] is definitely a cool name! I think it’s pretty straightforward despite its rarity, and [name_m]Viggo[/name_m] Mortensen gives it extra familiarity.

It’s not complicated at all. Anyone who knows me also knows that boy names, except a few, don’t really appeal to me. [name_m]Viggo[/name_m] is one of the exceptions. It’s an awesome name and you should really go for it.

1 Like