Opinion on Nella?

Does it remind you of vanilla? [name_f]Nilla[/name_f] wafers?

Does it sound cutesy?

1 Like

I quite like it.

It’s nicer than [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] in my opinion.

No it reminds me of [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and [name_f]Della[/name_f]. I think it’s nice.

It’s okay! Not for me, but I don’t have any issues with it, although it does make me think of nilla wafers.

Nella is really cute! I don’t really think of any of those. It just seems like a more feminine form of [name_f]Nell[/name_f]. I love the nn [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]!

Nella is sweet and warm. I like it

Nella is lively and sweet! I hadn’t though of vanilla or [name_f]Nilla[/name_f] wafers until you mentioned them. There are certainly worse things a name could sound like, though–this one really doesn’t bother me! (Also, I think the similarity is pretty subtle). I slightly prefer the simplicity of [name_f]Nell[/name_f] personally, but I do like the extra energy of [name_f]Nella[/name_f], and it feels very current-but-underused given the popularity of “-ella” names.

I have a cat named [name_f]Nella[/name_f] so it feels very pet-ish to me personally :sweat_smile: Her name has been mistaken as [name_f]Nilla[/name_f] ( nilla waffers) a few times. So corrections probably will pop up. I personally prefer [name_f]Nell[/name_f] or [name_f]Nellie[/name_f].

I really like [name_f]Nell[/name_f] so I think adding an a just makes it better!:blush:

It does remind me of vanilla, but it’s not that bad.

I think [name_f]Nella[/name_f] is a great little name she feels fiery and strong.

Nella is a bit odd to me, reminds me of Nutella.

Is it short for something? I think it would make a cool nickname but as its own name it does remind me of vanilla. I also know a dog named [name_f]Nilla[/name_f] short for Vanilla so maybe that’s what I’m associating. But it could grow on me!

I really like it! It’s very like [name_f]Della[/name_f] for me — simple, pretty, sweetly retro and a little bit sassy.

I prefer [name_f]Nell[/name_f] over [name_f]Nella[/name_f]. [name_f]Nella[/name_f] reminds me of a [name_u]Nick[/name_u] [name_m]Jr[/name_m] cartoon [name_f]Nella[/name_f] the princess knight or something like that.

I think it’s adorable! Gives me cottagecore vibes.

Neither! It is simply a name to me. [name_f]My[/name_f] first association with it is the writer [name_f]Nella[/name_f] [name_m]Larsen[/name_m]. It was also used as a nickname for [name_f]Petronella[/name_f] in The Miniaturist.
I prefer [name_f]Nell[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Nella[/name_f] is quite sweet! :slight_smile:

I mean i emphasize the [name_f]Nell[/name_f] when I say [name_f]Nella[/name_f] so i don’t think of the cookie. I think more [name_f]Petronella[/name_f] and [name_f]Antonella[/name_f]

I think it’s not too cutesy, but I do see it as a nickname-name, which isn’t my usual personal style. [name_f]Nella[/name_f] could stand ok on its own, but I think I prefer it as a nickname for something like [name_f]Antonella[/name_f] or [name_f]Janella[/name_f]. I don’t think of [name_f]Nilla[/name_f] wafers at all.

I think it may be confused with [name_f]Nilla[/name_f] and I pronounce it N-[name_f]Ella[/name_f]. How do you pronounce it?