Opinion on some names?

Not expecting yet, but looking for opinions on some names we’ve picked out. The first two names are what I’d like to name the first of each gender, and the rest are names for additional, hoped for siblings.

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Renae[/name] (1st girl)
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] (1st boy)
[name]Amanda[/name] [name]Makenzie[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Gracelynn[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name]

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. [name]Feel[/name] free to suggest any boy names that you think would fit as well, because so far, [name]Ben[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] are the only two liked.

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Renae[/name] (1st girl) - I prefer it spelled [name]Renee[/name], and I also think [name]Renee[/name] is kinda like [name]Marie[/name], [name]Nicole[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Grace[/name], etc. A place holder MN that people just throw in there because it’s short and works with just about everything. Example: My cat’s name is [name]Pandora[/name] [name]Renee[/name]. Lol.
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] (1st boy) - [name]Love[/name] the name [name]Benjamin[/name]. [name]Benji[/name] is a cute nn.
[name]Amanda[/name] [name]Makenzie[/name] - For some reason this seems sing-song to me. Maybe it’s the Am-Ma in the beginnings of both.
[name]Madeline[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Madeline[/name], again with the MN place holder.
[name]Gracelynn[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] - [name]Gracelynn[/name] look made up to me, every version of this name looks made up to me. [name]How[/name] this version is spelled looks super long. I dislike this spelling of [name]Noel[/name]. Also, [name]Noelle[/name] is another name I’m seeing all to much in the MN spot. I’m not saying this to be mean, I was saddled with the grand [name]NICOLE[/name]!!! Hated it all threw school since there were 4 other [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Nicoles[/name] in my year.
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name] - I like this, but I feel like I see this EXACT SAME combination every time someone brings up [name]Oliver[/name]…am I missing something? Like a book or a tv show or something with a character named this?

Suggestions:
[name]Michaela[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name] nn [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Molly[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]

[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Byron[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Renae[/name] (1st girl) - [name]Love[/name] it! My cousin’s name is [name]Renae[/name]. I personally prefer [name]Renee[/name] but with the a is normal to me too.
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] (1st boy) - [name]Love[/name]! A little long though. What about [name]Bennett[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] or [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Alex[/name]?
[name]Amanda[/name] [name]Makenzie[/name] - I’d love to see a little [name]Amanda[/name]. I know a few my age but you don’t hear it much anymore. It’s my middle name so I’m probably biased, hehe. [name]Don[/name]'t really like [name]Makenzie[/name]. [name]Way[/name] too trendy for my taste, but as a middle I guess it’s fine.
[name]Madeline[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - I like [name]Madeline[/name]. [name]Rose[/name] is ok. I feel like it’s really overused as a middle name so I’d maybe steer clear of it unless it has meaning. That’s just me though.
[name]Gracelynn[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] - Really don’t like [name]Gracelynn[/name]. Too cutesy for one, and for two I don’t like that it’s two names put together. I like [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Lynn[/name] as names on their own. [name]Noelle[/name] is nice.
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it! Nothing really bad to say about it. Maybe just that [name]James[/name] could be considered a “filler” middle name but I’m not 100% sure on that.

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Renae[/name] (1st girl) - adore [name]Charlotte[/name]! It’s one of my personal favorites. I like [name]Renee[/name], despite its filler-ness, but I don’t love the [name]Renae[/name] spelling. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Renee[/name] is really cute, and I love its French vibes and the meaning “reborn” for [name]Renee[/name].
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] (1st boy) - the combo is a bit long but I love both names and I like the combo together. I really would like [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Alexis[/name], too, but it takes a special sort of acquired taste to like [name]Alexis[/name] on a boy… :slight_smile:
[name]Amanda[/name] [name]Makenzie[/name] - I like [name]Amanda[/name] but it feels dated to me. I much prefer [name]Mackenzie[/name] on a boy (I’ve never met a girl [name]Mackenzie[/name] so it just seems incredibly odd to me)
[name]Madeline[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - I like it but I much prefer [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Rose[/name], said like “len” at the end rather than “line”…
[name]Gracelynn[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] - If [name]Gracelynn[/name] was spelled like [name]Gracelyn[/name], I would love it! I know [name]Gracelyn[/name] is trendy but I like it a lot, anyway. I love [name]Noelle[/name] paired with it, too.
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name] - a little boring for my own tastes but a solid name nonetheless and I would love meeting a little boy with the name.

I think some of your names–like [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name], and [name]Oliver[/name]–work really well together because they have a timeless, very current, and perennially-popular vibe to them. If [name]Madeleine[/name] was one of your options, I would include it here. [name]Amanda[/name] feels dated and [name]Gracelynn[/name] feels a lot more trendy than your other options… they just don’t really seem to fit with the others to me. They’re not bad names, but I think something like [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Madeleine[/name], [name]Grace[/name], and [name]Oliver[/name] would pair better than [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Amanda[/name], [name]Madeline[/name], [name]Gracelynn[/name], and [name]Oliver[/name]. Still great names… I don’t know if cohesive sibsets matter to you, though, haha.

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Renee[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] are my favorites!

Good luck!

You have some gorgeous names. I love them all! -with the exception of [name]Noelle[/name]- NMS.
I second pps suggestions of [name]Renee[/name]- unless the [name]Renae[/name] spelling has a meaning to you.
[name]Gracelynn[/name] sounds just gorgeous, but perhaps a little 90s? Mind you, that wouldn’t stop me using a name I loved.
[name]Gracelynn[/name] [name]Jade[/name] would be more my taste, but I know I may get negative feedback for that suggestion since lots of Berries seem allergic to the name [name]Jade[/name].

emiliaj

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Renae[/name] (1st girl) - [name]Love[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]. I’m going to be different here and say [name]Renae[/name]'s fine as you’re spelling it how you want it to be pronounced. Maybe it’s a British thing but the only Renees I know of pronounce it [name]Ree[/name]-nee rather than what appears to be the American pronuncuation [name]Ren[/name]-ay. So depending on where you are, [name]Renae[/name] may be better for getting the pronunciation you want.
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] (1st boy) - [name]Love[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] as a mn, and [name]Benjamin[/name]'s great as a fn too.
[name]Amanda[/name] [name]Makenzie[/name] - [name]Amanda[/name] seems dated, [name]Makenzie[/name] seems trendy…idk but there’s something that bugs me about this one, it just seems to roll into one.
[name]Madeline[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - prefer the [name]Madeleine[/name] spelling, and [name]Rose[/name] is slightly filler, but pretty all the same.
[name]Gracelynn[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] - Smoosh name, not a fan of either. [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] is fine, and I’ve never liked [name]Noelle[/name] but it sort of fits here.
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name] - [name]James[/name] is a bit of a boy filler name I think, but it’s a workable combo all the same.

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Hannah[/name]! Thanks for your input. I can definitely agree with you that ‘[name]James[/name]’ does seem to be a very common middle name with ‘[name]Oliver[/name]’, though I don’t know either if it’s from a show or book. My DH and I just can’t seem to agree on a middle name, though, and [name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name] was one we compromised with.

I’m not a fan of [name]Amanda[/name] [name]Makenzie[/name] or [name]Gracelynn[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] (though I do like [name]Noelle[/name] on its own), but I love the rest! [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Madeline[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] would be a fantastic sibset. :slight_smile:

Sorry for the late response- that one I posted wasn’t even supposed to go up. Your input was greatly appreciated, and I have to agree that some of the middle names do seem a bit filler-ish. Personally, my favorites are [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Amanda[/name] (for an [name]Amanda[/name] who had an enormous impact on my life). And for [name]Madeline[/name], we would pronounce it ‘[name]Mada[/name]-lynn’ rather than its usual pronunciation for how its spelled. But again, thank you for your input- the DH and I appreciate it.

I think their all very good names. I prefer [name]Renee[/name] spelled this way. Nothing wrong with the classic middle names. [name]Renee[/name] is my sister’s middle name so to honor my sister it is my daughter’s middle name. My other daughter’s middle name is [name]Mae[/name] simply because it sounded sweet with her first name (first name honors my dad). I like simple. sweet, pretty middle names.

If you are going to pronounce it that way then I feel it should be spelled [name]Madelyn[/name] or [name]Madelynn[/name]. Spelled [name]Madeline[/name] it’s pronounced mad-uh-line, not lyn.

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Renae[/name] - Quite good. I like [name]Charlotte[/name], though I’m a little sad about how VERY popular its become. I don’t consider [name]Renae[/name]/[name]Renee[/name] to be too filler-ish. It’s nowhere near as popular as [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Grace[/name] as a middle name.

[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] (1st boy) - Like very much. Consider this a gold classic.

[name]Amanda[/name] [name]Makenzie[/name] - I detest all the [name]Mackenzie[/name] and [name]Madison[/name] type names for girls and this spelling is not an improvement, sorry. [name]Do[/name] have real affection for [name]Amanda[/name] because of one I love.

[name]Madeline[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - I love [name]Madeleine[/name] and wouldn’t bother with this streamlined spelling unless I was deadset on hearing people say it with a hard [name]LINE[/name]. I would go with the classic spelling, personally. I do love it though. [name]Rose[/name]… is very pretty… but as a middle its lost and a bit boring. [name]Even[/name] [name]Rae[/name] or [name]Wren[/name] or [name]Rain[/name] are more interesting, or [name]Rosemary[/name]/[name]Rosamund[/name] or similar.

[name]Madeline[/name] if you must, please [name]DON[/name]'T spell [name]Madeleine[/name] as [name]Madelynn[/name].

[name]Gracelynn[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] - [name]Noelle[/name] is nice. I keep reading Graceland. No little girl needs to be asked about her jungle room. Sorry. Not trying to be mean. I wouldn’t be mean about a [name]Grace[/name] OR a [name]Lynn[/name].

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name] - Well, I love [name]James[/name].