Opinions and ideas?

I’ve been thinking about Suzy/Susie lately and can’t think of many longer forms. The only ones I can think of are [name_f]Susan[/name_f], Susanna(h), and [name_f]Suzette[/name_f].

So,

1. What do you think of Suzy/Susie as a nickname?

2. What do you think of [name_f]Susan[/name_f], Susanna(h), and [name_f]Suzette[/name_f]? What is your preferred spelling of Susanna(h)? Could [name_f]Susan[/name_f] and [name_f]Suzette[/name_f] work for a 2020s baby or are they too dated?

3. [name_m]Can[/name_m] you think of any other names that Suzy/Susie could be a nickname for?

1. Its cute, NMS, but its okay.
  2. [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] (9/10)
    [name_f]Susan[/name_f] (7.5/10)
    [name_f]Suzette[/name_f] (5/10)
  3. [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f]
1 Like

I think it’s adorable! I actually used to know a little full-name Suzy who I think would be six or seven now. It was super cute on her and has a bubbly, retro vibe while still being able to suit any age.

I like all three!! Susan feels cozy and versatile, Susanna(h) is familiar but unusual and lively, and Suzette is chic and extremely underrated! I think they’re all great choices.

I prefer Susanna! It feels so much warmer to me, though I think Susannah is the default spelling for many English-speakers. I also like Susana and Suzanna, but Susanna is still definitely my favorite!

Definitely! They might be a bit uncommon for the age group, but if that’s what you love then you should totally go for it. I don’t know any Suzettes, but I do know a Susan who is around 20, and a few Susanna(h)s in their late teens who are able to carry the names extremely well! I would love to meet a baby with any of these names.

Other than the previous poster’s suggestion of Suzanne, I can’t really think of anything else off the top of my head, though I’m sure more names are out there! You might also like the more uncommon Sosie, a cousin of the Susie family. :smiling_face:

1 Like
  1. I don’t particularly like it but it’s cute.
  2. They’re alright. I like the spelling [name_f]Susanna[/name_f].
  3. [name_f]Sicily[/name_f], [name_f]Sunisa[/name_f], [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f], [name_f]Susanetta[/name_f], [name_f]Susanita[/name_f], [name_f]Susanka[/name_f], [name_f]Zuzanna[/name_f], [name_u]Zuriel[/name_u], [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f], [name_f]Sidony[/name_f] / [name_f]Sidonie[/name_f], [name_f]Sigourney[/name_f]
2 Likes

[name_f]Susie[/name_f] is cute and cosy but matures too!!

[name_f]Suzette[/name_f] is sharp and interesting, but something puts me off about the way it looks

[name_f]Susan[/name_f] is quite cosy and clunky cute. I knew a young [name_f]Susan[/name_f]

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] is so lively and bright -my favourite

[name_f]Suellen[/name_f] was the only one I haven’t seen mentioned as a suggestion

1 Like

I feel like you nailed the vibes that I get from those names.

I prefer Susannah as it feels more balanced.

2 Likes
  1. I honestly love it! (Prefer [name_f]Susie[/name_f] spelling)
  2. All three are really sweet! [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] (this spelling) is definitely my favourite, but I have a soft spot for [name_f]Susan[/name_f] too
  3. I think they’ve all been suggested already :slight_smile:
1 Like