Opinions + combos!

Hey! I usually have the exact opposite problem of most people on here - boy names are the easiest thing in the world to me, but I have always had trouble finding girl names I like. Lately I’ve finally found some that make me excited and just feel “right”, and most of them are pretty solidly the same style. If it sounds fun to you, I’d enjoy hearing your opinion on some of these names and seeing how you’d combine them (one or two middles, however you like). Thanks!

[name_f]Frances[/name_f] - I think it’s beautiful + it reminds me of the [name_f]Frances[/name_f] books I used to read when I was little + it was the name of a woman who was like a second mother to my mom (I didn’t realize this until after it was on my favorites list)
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] - Beautiful and elegant
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] - Beautiful and classy + connection to one of my favorite authors, [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] and also Pride and Prejudice + I think [name_f]Janie[/name_f] would be super cute on a little girl. Only as a first name.
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] - pronounced “Cuh-SAHN-dra”. Beautiful, but does it sound pretentious with an American accent? That pronunciation seems quite natural to me since I didn’t actually grow up in the US, but still. This was also [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u]'s sister’s name.
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f] - my mom’s middle name (She’s the best person I know and I would love to get to name my daughter after her) + I like the Biblical connection
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] - I love the sound of this and it always reminds me of Mr. [name_u]Darcy[/name_u]'s first proposal to [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (“You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” :heart_eyes: ) + I like the meaning of the word ardent, even though it’s not actually the same word
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - Classically beautiful. Preferred nickname probably [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. I associate this with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Bennet[/name_m].
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] - pronounced “[name_u]George[/name_u]-AHN-a”. I think this is gorgeous, but have the same question as with [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]. Associate it with [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] [name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] - do I like the nn [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] I not like [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]? I can’t decide! I know a little girl named [name_f]Philippa[/name_f], though, and I think it works so well
[name_u]Lark[/name_u] - probably only as a middle name. It seems like such a happy name.
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - this has been one of the few girl names that I’ve consistently liked a lot over the past years
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] - I don’t love many of the super popular girl names, but I’ve always loved [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Roberta[/name_f] - Used to dislike this, now it’s one of my faves! Has personal significance since it was my lovely maternal grandmother’s middle name who died when my mom was really little, so I know my mom would also feel honored by it + my mom’s wonderful twin brother’s middle name is [name_m]Robert[/name_m] + I love nicknames [name_f]Ro[/name_f], [name_u]Rory[/name_u] and maybe [name_u]Bertie[/name_u]. I also think of the baby [name_f]Roberta[/name_f] in the 2010 [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] and Beezus movie and think it totally works for all age groups.
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] - I don’t really like [name_f]Celia[/name_f], so that sometimes bothers me, but I think [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] looks beautiful and sounds so classy. I think I like the nickname [name_f]Cece[/name_f], but I’m not sure yet.
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] - Elegant, classy, currently underused. I like the subtle tie to [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women and really like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and some of the other nickname options.
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] - on it’s own or as a nickname for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. I love the look and feel of this!
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] - I just think it’s classy and pretty! I like [name_f]Edie[/name_f] as a nickname.
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] - I go between liking [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], and just preferring [name_f]Rose[/name_f]; if just [name_f]Rose[/name_f], only as a first name
[name_f]Lilith[/name_f] - I think this is really pretty, but the mythological association bothers me
[name_u]March[/name_u] - as in, the [name_u]March[/name_u] family in [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women (one of my favorite books). I’d only use this as a middle name but I like how it’s kind of unexpected but also not too out-there. I also really like this for boys.
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] - I think this is elegant and international

1 Like

Philippa [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] ([name_u]Frankie[/name_u] of [name_f]Francie[/name_f])

I think those would be my choices

1 Like

Frances–I love the gentle strength and sweetness of this (and those books!). I adore the nickname [name_u]Frankie[/name_u], too–I think it adds a bit of extra energy!
Eloise–So spunky and sweet! Familiar but with a bit of extra flair. Reminds me of the children’s book too, if you like those references! More great nickname options here–[name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Lulu[/name_f], etc.
Jane–Agree that [name_f]Janie[/name_f] would be absolutely adorable on a little girl. I love [name_f]Jane[/name_f] as a first name: bright, sweet, strong, and pleasantly unexpected.
Cassandra–I have to admit, my American self wants to say cuh-SAN-druh. It sounds a bit fancier to me pronounced cuh-SAHN-druh, but I think if you’re prepared to correct people, it definitely works! It’s not my favorite from your list though.
Ruth–So sweet and definitely deserves more love! [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] [name_m]Bader[/name_m] Ginsburg is my favorite association here, but there are many. And [name_f]Ruthie[/name_f] would be just delightful for a nickname!
Arden–This one has been growing on me recently! It feels stylistically quite different from the rest of your list, but I like it quite a bit.
Elizabeth–A versatile, can’t-go-wrong, lovely classic. I prefer [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] on its own personally, but [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is beautiful.
Georgiana–Hmm, I think my instinct would have been to pronounce this [name_u]George[/name_u]-ee-ahn-uh, but now looking at that, I’m realizing I don’t actually know how to say that name :joy: So I would be very amenable to correction. I do prefer [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], personally, but it might not be your vibe.
Philippa–I like [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] but not so much [name_f]Philippa[/name_f]. It’s elegant and classy, though!
Lark–I agree that it seems like a very happy name! I like it as a middle.
Juliet–[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] and full of energy. Not my favorite from your list, but it’s a great name!
Harper–I go back and forth on this one. I met a really sweet little girl that made me like it, but it’s not my personal favorite from your list.
Roberta–It sounds like this one is really special to you! I’ll add the idea of [name_f]Birdie[/name_f], which I adore, as a nickname!
Cecilia–This is so pretty! [name_f]Cece[/name_f] is really sweet. I think of [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Celia[/name_f] as separate names so I don’t think a [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] would naturally be nicknamed [name_f]Celia[/name_f] if you’re worried about that (although I do like it!). [name_f]Cece[/name_f] is adorable.
Margaret–I agree with your description! It’s a great classic. I’ll admit I mostly love it for the nicknames–[name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], [name_f]Meg[/name_f], etc.
Margot–I love this more than [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]–it feels a bit lighter and livelier to me, and I still appreciate the nicknames. Is it bad that I’d want to use nicknames for a nickname-name? :rofl:
Edith–[name_f]Edie[/name_f] is absolutely darling. [name_f]Edith[/name_f] is not my most favorite, but I definitely see the appeal. It feels strong yet gentle.
Rose–I like a lot of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names, but just [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (or [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]) is my favorite! I think it’s lovely and sweet and fresh as a first name.
Lilith–I really like [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]! I think I prefer [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], but [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] is definitely more distinctive. I think she could be kind of a feminist icon, depending how you think about it (admittedly I don’t know all the details of this story, but just based on what I’ve seen around NB!).
March–I really like the idea of this for a middle name! It feels fresh and interesting and literary. I like it for a boy too, but also for a middle I think.
Vivienne–Elegant and lively. I think [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] (or I even knew a little [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] nn. [name_f]Evie[/name_f]!) would be a really sweet nickname. Not my favorite from your list, but a great name.

Overall, I really like your list! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Frances[/name_f] (especially with nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]), [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Ruth[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], and [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Some combo ideas:

Arden [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilith[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilith[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_f]Roberta[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Roberta[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Roberta[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u]

1 Like

You definitely have a preferred style, very vintage and sweet.

Frances - I personally prefer [name_f]Francine[/name_f], but I like [name_f]Frances[/name_f] too.
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] - I prefer just [name_u]Louise[/name_u] or [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], but [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is pretty, too.
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] - a little common for my tastes, but has a great sound
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] - I love this, pronounced both ways. I don’t think it would be pretentious in [name_u]America[/name_u] to be pronounced your way, it will just have to be corrected a lot.
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f] - not really my style, but [name_f]Ruthie[/name_f] is cute.
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] - very nice.
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - again, too common for me, but it’s lovely with a variety of nicknames
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] - I like both pronunciations of this name. It’s great.
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] - I love this and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] is one of our choices for a name.
[name_u]Lark[/name_u] - very pretty.
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - I prefer [name_f]Julietta[/name_f], but this is nice, especially in the middle name spot.
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] - a little too trendy for me
[name_f]Roberta[/name_f] - fun and unique choice
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] - I like this a lot, as well as [name_f]Celia[/name_f].
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] - I prefer all of the nicknames over the full [name_f]Margaret[/name_f].
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] - very nice
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] - Not one of my faves, but [name_f]Edie[/name_f] is sweet.
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] - love this and all of it’s forms
[name_f]Lilith[/name_f] - again, not one of my faves. I think the names that end in th just don’t work for me. However, it’s a nice to alternative to the super popular [name_f]Lily[/name_f].
[name_u]March[/name_u] - I love this for a boy.
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] - it’s pretty, but I just know too many Vivs, Viviennes and Vivians

Some combos:

Cassandra [name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilith[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Roberta[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_u]Lark[/name_u] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]

1 Like

You’ve got a really great list!

Frances ~ I think is a lovely classic very feminine and effortless I like the idea of [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] as a nickname for [name_f]Frances[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Roberta[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u] would be pretty.

Eloise ~ a very sweet name it’s wholesome and elegant I like the nickname [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] for [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] it’s sweet. [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u] would be sweet.

Jane ~ absolutely love [name_f]Jane[/name_f] so pretty and classic. I think [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u] would be pretty.

Cassandra ~ I can see the appeal in [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] but personally she isn’t a favourite I prefer other ‘[name_f]Cassie[/name_f]’ names like [name_f]Cassia[/name_f], [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] and just [name_f]Cassie[/name_f]. I don’t think the name is pretentious in an American accent but then I’m [name_f]English[/name_f] so may have a different perspective. I think [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] would be pretty.

Ruth ~ love the connection to your mother I think honouring loved ones is so important. [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] itself is really sweet, biblical choice with a lovely meaning. [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_u]Arden[/name_u] would be pretty.

Arden ~ it’s a great literary choice the literary association adding to the romance of the name. I think [name_u]Arden[/name_u] would be great teamed with a feminine classic from your list. I like the idea of [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_u]Arden[/name_u].

Elizabeth ~ I love this name it was my Grandmother’s name it’s so classic and elegant. I like the range of nicknames excluding [name_f]Liz[/name_f]/Lizzie. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] would be elegant.

Georgiana ~ never liked the name [name_u]George[/name_u] or her variants including [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]. I think something like [name_u]Lark[/name_u] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] has a good vibe.

Philippa ~ personally I’m not a massive fan of [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] I just don’t find the name very attractive. But I do like [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] as a name in its own right I think [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] is cute. I like [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] but I think [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is nice.

Lark ~ I think this is a pretty bird name with a lyrical sound. [name_u]Lark[/name_u] is sweet and works with lots of names [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u] would be unexpected.

Juliet ~ beautiful name. I love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u] would be very understated and sweet.

Harper ~ I think [name_u]Harper[/name_u] is nice despite being relatively trendy I think she would make a nice middle name with a classic choice something like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u].

Roberta ~ this feels clunky cool I like it also the nickname [name_u]Bobbie[/name_u] would be great. [name_f]Roberta[/name_f] [name_u]Arden[/name_u] would be good.

Cecilia ~ I think this is a pretty choice very delicate and I like the idea of [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f].

Margaret/Margot~ this is so regal and classy honestly love [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and the nickname [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u] is dreamy. I like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] but I can see her gaining popularity maybe more refreshing to go with [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u] is also gorgeous.

Edith ~ love [name_f]Edith[/name_f] so beautiful a sweet vintage name and I like the nickname [name_f]Edie[/name_f]. [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] would be sweet and I like the alliteration of [name_f]Edith[/name_f] & [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

Rose ~ I absolutely love the name [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is charming, romantic and elegant. Such a gorgeous botanical name and I love nearly all the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] variants. I think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u] would be sweet & [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f] is lovely.

Lilith ~ can completely see the appeal she feels daring and intriguing but I’m the mythological references are too strong for me. Would prefer [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] or [name_f]Liliana[/name_f]. [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] [name_f]Roberta[/name_f] would be cool.

March ~ I think this is great especially as an interesting middle name. I’ve used a lot for combination suggestions.

Vivienne ~ a lovely classic very elegant and I like the nickname [name_f]Vivi[/name_f]. [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u] is pretty.

1 Like

Frances - this is quirky but elegant, cute but sophisticated

Eloise - sleek and lovely

Jane - simple but strong and full of literary connections

Cassandra - bold and underused

Ruth -sharp but sweet

Arden-interesting and literary

Elizabeth- a beautiful classic you can’t go wrong with. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is dashing

Georgiana- i would instinctively pronounce it goerge-ee-are-nuh but it’s nevertheless bold and lovely

Phillipa - elegant but sparky. I love [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]!

Lark - light and vibrant

Juliet -beautiful and sweet

Harper-literary and cool

Roberta - a bit clunky for me but it feels meanigful and right for you

Cecilia -grand and flowing

Margaret - classic and simple

Margot - adore this! Charming and lovely

Edith - strong but sweet. I love it

Rose -my favourite variants are [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] but just [name_f]Rose[/name_f] has simple elegance

Lilith -love it but if the connection bothers you, I’d cut it

March -such a cool middle

Vivienne- sleek and swish

Some combos

Jane [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_f]Roberta[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]

1 Like

Frances - This is one of the sweetest names out there. Lots of great nicknames but I prefer it on its own.
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] - very cute, I go back and forth between liking it and feeling meh about it though, maybe it’s the ‘[name_f]El[/name_f]’ sound and I just prefer [name_u]Louise[/name_u]/Louisa
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] - classic! I love [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u]. I know a little girl named [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and it’s really perfect on her
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] - I went to school with a [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] nn [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] (I’m in the states). The pronunciation might have been Cuh-SAND-ra.
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f] - I like that it honors your mom! It’s never been a favorite of mine but I like how solid it is
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] - I like it for the same reasons you do! Probably prefer it as a middle name
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - can’t go wrong, it’s a lovely classic name
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] it! Not sure if it’s too pretentious to use in the states. Nickname [name_u]Georgie[/name_u] makes it friendlier
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] - I go back and forth on this and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] too. Some days I love it but it just doesn’t seem quite right
[name_u]Lark[/name_u] - fine as a middle, don’t know why I just don’t love this one, maybe a bit ‘stark’
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - beautiful and romantic
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] - I like this one too, maybe better as a middle if you’re worried about popularity
[name_f]Roberta[/name_f] - I like this one, it’s clunky and sassy.
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] - not one of my favorites but I can appreciate its classic femininity. [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] would be pretty!
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] - love this, with nickname [name_f]Meg[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] - beautiful
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] - this one is cute, so is [name_f]Edie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] - I also like just [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a first name. The other [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names you listed are pretty too
[name_f]Lilith[/name_f] - it’s okay, not as exciting as your other choices!
[name_u]March[/name_u] - 100% YES! [name_u]Love[/name_u] this as a middle. I’ve considered it too for a boy
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] - pretty but still don’t love it as much as your other choices

Ruth [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Roberta[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Roberta[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]

1 Like

Frances- I love this name, and I wouldn’t personally use it; I never see it used, so I think it’s special!
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]- Another one that I love so much! I think it’s so sweet and I love the nn ‘[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]’
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]- Another sweet and classy name, personally a little short for me, but I love it as a mn
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]- Super cute name, I love the nn ‘[name_f]Cassie[/name_f]’
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]- I love this name! Sweet and short
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]- Yes, 100% makes me think of Mr. [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], love that association
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]- Another classic, and yep another Pride and Prejudice association that I love
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]- ^^
Phillippa- This is one of my favorite feminine names that originated from a masculine name ([name_m]Phillip[/name_m]) and I love the nn ‘[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]’
[name_u]Lark[/name_u]- [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t love it, too short for me; but a cute mn
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]- A long time favorite of mine, super sweet and elegant
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]- Feels too trendy for me
[name_f]Roberta[/name_f]- [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t love it, but I love your persona connection
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]- I love [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] and the nn [name_f]Cece[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]- I love this for the same reasons you do and I like [name_f]Margot[/name_f]/Meg as nn
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]- [name_u]Love[/name_u] it, prefer [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]- I like this too, sounds somewhat old-fashioned
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]- A classic, personally a little overused for me
[name_f]Lilith[/name_f]- I don’t love the meaning, pretty name though
[name_u]March[/name_u]- It’s cute but yeah only as a mn personally
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]- Yes I love it’s elegant and classy feel

Combos:
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Phillipa[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] Vivenne

1 Like

Hi there.

Giving my thoughts on your list does sound fun. :grin:

Here they are:

Frances-I like it a lot. And it also reminds me of the cute little badger. I think that it’s smart & strong, but has a sweet side. Plus the darling glamorous nns of [name_f]Franny[/name_f] & [name_f]Francie[/name_f]. [name_f]Frances[/name_f] is well known, but I don’t for see it ever getting too popular.

Eloise-I like this one too. It has such a playful sound to it, but it’s smart & polished as well. Fairly simple & not too over done. There are a lot of ‘[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]’ names out there.

Jane-I like it. It’s not my personal favorite. It doesn’t sparkle, but it’s not a bad name at all. And a little [name_f]Janie[/name_f] would be fun & unexpected.

Cassandra-I think it’s a tad pretentious & just a little heavy. And it will likely get mispronounced a lot. And [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] is kind of meh & 90s sounding, & may be somewhat unavoidable.

Ruth-I love love love [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]. It’s just so smart & warm & lovable. And a little [name_f]Ruthie[/name_f] is so cute. It’s another name that’s super easy & well known, but I just don’t ever for see getting too popular.

Arden-This one is not my cup of tea. It just sounds a little boyish…but than again, probably too feminine for a boy.

Elizabeth-A lovely classic. It’s not super exciting, but a really nice solid name. I like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. I mostly like [name_f]Bess[/name_f] & [name_f]Tess[/name_f] even more.

Georgiana-Ooh, I like this. I’m pretty sure that ‘ana’ is well known enough to be ‘ahn-uh’, right? This is strong & super frilly at the same time. Totally not popular, & has really cute nns of [name_f]Gigi[/name_f], [name_u]Georgie[/name_u], [name_f]Ana[/name_f] or [name_f]Ani[/name_f].

Philippa-I mainly like this for [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]. [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] is just a little hard to say. I’m never sure where to put the emphasis of syllables, you know?

Lark-I think it’s fine as a mn. I like the bird imagery, but the sound isn’t that pretty in my opinion.

Juliet-It’s really nice. A good balance of elegance, sweetness & romantic-ness.

Harper-It is way over done & trendy in my opinion. Maybe nice as a mn.

Roberta-I love the connection that it has to your family. I’m personally not into the sound, but at least it’s different.

Cecilia-I like this, but prefer [name_f]Celia[/name_f]. You may get [name_f]Celia[/name_f] as a nn sometimes unwanted? I’m not a fan of [name_f]Cece[/name_f] myself. It sounds a little too cheeky, & I hear it a ton in my area.

Margaret-I feel like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is too much of a stand alone name & not as much as a nn for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is a name that I like in theory because of the classic-ness, but not the sound as much. It does have cute nns. I love [name_f]Gerty[/name_f] & [name_f]Maisy[/name_f]. I really like [name_f]Molly[/name_f] & [name_f]Peggy[/name_f]. [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] is okay.

Margot-I like it better on its own, but I’m not a huge fan. Not sure why. I think I’m just sick of it. I see it on this site all of the time, & hear it a lot in real life.

Edith-I think it’s sweet & spunky & smart. Old fashioned & unexpected. [name_f]Edie[/name_f] is not my favorite for whatever reason, but good you like it, because I feel like it may be unvavoidable.

Rose-I like it for a fn or mn. It’s classic & has beautiful imagery & the sweet nn of [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. I like just [name_f]Rose[/name_f], but [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is good too.

Lilith-Yeah, I don’t like the meaning. And I find it hard to say. I prefer other [name_f]Lil[/name_f] names.

March-That’s a fun nod to [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women. Not my style, but good for a mn.

Vivienne-I like it. It’s a little over done, but pretty & elegant.

Here are some combos that I like:

Eloise [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

Jane [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

Elizabeth [name_f]Jane[/name_f]

Georgiana [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]

Cecilia [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

Rose [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

Vivienne [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

Ruth is probably my favorite from your list, but I’m not sure what to pair it with. If I’m working off list, I like…

Ruth [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]

Ruth [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]

Ruth [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]

Ruth [name_f]Emily[/name_f]

Ruth [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Georgiana [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Phillipa[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_u]March[/name_u]
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Roberta[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u]

Lilith [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Phillipa[/name_f] [name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Roberta[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_f]Phillipa[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u]

I love the combo of [name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], always lave, & always will. :slight_smile:

1 Like