opinions for baby boy

[name]Just[/name] wanting to feel out and get some feedback (and more suggestions even) on some of my favorite names for future baby boy Marks.

[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] (I am pretty sure this will be our first son… and DH is [name]Andrew[/name] so I love mn [name]Anderson[/name])
[name]Sullivan[/name] (but don’t love nn [name]Sully[/name])
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name] (have recently fallen in love with this name)
[name]Atticus[/name] (again… it’s the English major thing)… but probably as a middle name
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Lawson[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name] (I’m drawn too it but a little hesitant)

I like [name]Asher[/name] but gaining a lot of popularity.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Dexter[/name] (nn [name]Dex[/name]) but it doesn’t work with last name Marks (too many X sounds). And love [name]Silas[/name] but same problem with the S sounds and the last name.

Thanks you guys!

[quote=“lindseyjordan”][name]Just[/name] wanting to feel out and get some feedback (and more suggestions even) on some of my favorite names for future baby boy Marks.

[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]- not sure if this one has great nickname potential (if that matters to you). Sometimes they’re inevitable though.
[name]Sullivan[/name]- same. [name]Sully[/name] is cute, but maybe too cutesy?
[name]Jasper[/name]- love
[name]Harvey[/name]- Brave choice in my opinion, but I like it.
[name]Atticus[/name]- Ha, fellow english major: this one’s on my list as a middle too. I can’t risk the possible “[name]Attie[/name]” nickname. I have a niece [name]Addie[/name] :slight_smile:
[name]Theodore[/name]- love! [name]Theo[/name] is very cool too.
[name]Lawson[/name]- very nice. Sounds smart. Follows the last name as first names trend, but still refreshing.
[name]August[/name]- one of my favorites. I can’t imagine someone calling my son “Auggie” though. [name]Gus[/name] is better.
[name]Everett[/name]- love! Sounds great with Marks.
[name]Rupert[/name]- Brave choice as well. Not a big fan.

I think [name]Dexter[/name] Marks sounds really cool! I’m a big fan of nicknames and I love [name]Dex[/name]! You might get the serial killer association ([name]Dexter[/name] on Showtime) by a lot of people though. But it really is a great name…and a great show for that matter! Same with [name]Silas[/name] Marks. I like that too!

I just met my first little [name]Asher[/name] the other day at the park. He was adorable! I complimented his mother on choosing his name. She proudly said she wanted something “unique.” Go figure! I think that no matter how hard we try, we end up liking the same names. It’s a strange cultural phenomenon :slight_smile:

I love your list, and commented on your other thread about each, so I’ll just do combos here. :slight_smile:

I don’t think I put this on your other thread, but with an M last name, I’d personally avoid [name]Jasper[/name], because when I see [name]Jasper[/name] Marks, the M attaches to the “sper” in [name]Jasper[/name], and I see the word “Sperm.” When I say it aloud, the M also attaches to [name]Jasper[/name], and I hear “sperm.”

[name]Harvey[/name] (have recently fell in love with this name)

[name]Harvey[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] Marks
[name]Harvey[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] Marks
[name]Harvey[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] Marks
[name]Harvey[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] Marks

(Although I now realize that with Harvery Marks, the repetitive “Ar” sounds stand out to me.)

[name]Theodore[/name]

[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Bennett[/name] Marks
[name]Thedore[/name] [name]August[/name] Marks
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Calvin[/name] Marks
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Philip[/name] Marks
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Lawson[/name] Marks

[name]Lawson[/name]

[name]Lawson[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] Marks

[name]August[/name] (I love [name]Augustin[/name], too!)

[name]August[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] Marks

[name]Everett[/name]

[name]Everett[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] Marks
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name] Marks
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] Marks

[name]Rupert[/name] (I’m drawn too it but a little hesitant)

[name]Rupert[/name] [name]Augustin[/name] Marks
[name]Rupert[/name] [name]Evander[/name] Marks
[name]Rupert[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] Marks

Good luck! :slight_smile:

oooh… I like some of those combos! I’ll be mulling… :slight_smile:

Which goes best with a [name]Lionel[/name]?

I’m glad you liked some! :slight_smile: With [name]Lionel[/name], I personally see siblings named [name]Rupert[/name] and [name]Harvey[/name] from your list.

If you aren’t set on [name]Anderson[/name] with [name]Lionel[/name], you may also like:

[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] Marks
[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Barnaby[/name] Marks ([name]Barnaby[/name] Marks is pretty -ar heavy, though)
[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Donovan[/name] Marks
[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Everett[/name] Marks
[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Franklin[/name] Marks
[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Gideon[/name] Marks
[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Hawthorne[/name] Marks (thanks to [name]Susan[/name] for mentioning it on Nameberry)
[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Julian[/name] Marks
[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Phinean[/name] Marks
[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Rupert[/name] Marks
[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] Marks
[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Vincent[/name] Marks
[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Willoughby[/name] Marks

I think [name]Lionel[/name] is great! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Anderson[/name] (I am pretty sure this will be our first son… and DH is [name]Andrew[/name] so I love mn [name]Anderson[/name]) - love [name]Lionel[/name], one of my faves, love nn [name]Leo[/name].
[name]Sullivan[/name] (but don’t love nn [name]Sully[/name]) - it’s a strong name.
[name]Jasper[/name] - Nameberry approved!
[name]Harvey[/name] (have recently fell in love with this name) - I just love [name]Harvey[/name]!
[name]Atticus[/name] (again… it’s the English major thing)… but probably as a middle name - I love it as a middle name.
[name]Theodore[/name] - I just love [name]Theodore[/name], one of my faves.
[name]Lawson[/name] - I don’t usually like names like this, that sound like last names.
[name]August[/name] - Nameberry approved again! I love it.
[name]Everett[/name] - this is a great name, but I especially love [name]Lionel[/name], [name]Harvey[/name], and [name]Theodore[/name]. They would all be on my list if I were expecting a baby.
[name]Rupert[/name] (I’m drawn too it but a little hesitant) - You could use it as a middle name.

I like [name]Asher[/name] but gaining a lot of popularity. - yes. What about [name]Archer[/name]?

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Dexter[/name] (nn [name]Dex[/name]) but it doesn’t work with last name Marks (too many X sounds). And love [name]Silas[/name] but same problem with the S sounds and the last name. - Yes, it seems like too much “x” to me, too.

I love [name]Archer[/name] too but [name]ARcher[/name] mARks… sounds odd to me.

And with [name]Harvey[/name] you run into the same thing (which [name]Jill[/name] pointed out, I think it was) but it doesn’t stand out quite as much to me in that particular combination as with [name]Archer[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you agree or disagree?