Opinions needed on girls names

My husband and I are having our first baby in [name]September[/name]. It is too soon to tell, but if it is a boy he will be [name]James[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] (my husband’s middle name and my father’s middle). But if it turns out to be a girl, I have no idea! I like too many names and can’t narrow them down. I would love to hear opinions on my narrowed down list:

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Alina[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name]

[name]James[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] is a fantastic name!

[name]Alice[/name]: I love [name]Alice[/name]!

[name]Alina[/name]: I’m not a fan of [name]Alina[/name]. :frowning: In addition to not liking its appearance, I don’t like its sound. I’m also pretty sure that people will mispronounce her name. [name]Lena[/name] is lovely, though.

[name]Daphne[/name]: A great name!

[name]Greta[/name]: I’ve never been a fan of [name]Greta[/name], but that’s just me.

[name]Juliet[/name]: [name]Love[/name], [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]!

[name]Lila[/name]: Another lovely name!

[name]Liliana[/name]: [name]Liliana[/name] is a beautiful name.

[name]Scarlett[/name]: I do like [name]Scarlett[/name], but prefer it as a middle name.

[name]Thea[/name]: [name]Thea[/name] is a nice nickname for [name]Theodora[/name], but I don’t like it as a name in and of itself.

[name]Virginia[/name]: A beautiful classic, but one that I, personally, would never use as a first name due to virgin and female anatomy jokes. I grew up with a [name]Virginia[/name] ([name]Ginny[/name]), who was teased horribly. [name]Virginia[/name] would make a lovely middle name, though.

Of your girls’ names, my favorites are [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Lila[/name], with [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] close behind. [name]Even[/name] though it’s not my first choice name, I love the combination [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]! [name]Lila[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is stunning, as are [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Lila[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]. (Now that I think about it, [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is lovely, too!)

Best wishes to you!

I like [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Thea[/name] although I would use a longer version [name]Dorothea[/name] or [name]Theodora[/name]

I agree with everything [name]Jill[/name] said! [name]Love[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Lila[/name]! And I do really love [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] probable as much as [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Lila[/name].

I love the name [name]Juliet[/name]! I would love to name our daughter that, but my husband says that he just thinks of [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] when he hears that name. I’d use it in heart beat- so that is my vote for you!

[name]Alice[/name]- great name!
[name]Alina[/name]- my least favorite of your choices
[name]Daphne[/name]- so cute and underused!
[name]Greta[/name]- theoretically, I love this… but I think you have to be pretty confident that you’ll have a daughter who can pull this off. Like I said, I really like this, but I wouldn’t want it as my own name.
[name]Juliet[/name]- beautiful, a little simple for me, but beautiful.
[name]Lila[/name]- love the sound, but it just looks incomplete written out. I prefer [name]Leila[/name].
[name]Liliana[/name]- kinda boring
[name]Scarlett[/name]- one of my favorites of all time!
[name]Thea[/name]- I agree with the others, this is better as a nickname
[name]Virginia[/name]- i think this is adorable. personally, I wouldn’t worry about the teasing. I think this name is worth the possible middle school teasing, because people will get over it and then she’d have this great name for the rest of her life.

You have a lot of really great choices, no matter what you pick, she’ll have a great name! Oh, and [name]James[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] is fantastic!

Thanks so much. I’m leaning towards [name]Liliana[/name] and using [name]Lila[/name] as a nickname. Is that too much of a stretch?