Opinions needed on Miette?

[name]Hi[/name] everyone, I am expecting my 2nd dd in [name]July[/name]. My 1st’s name is [name]Bella[/name]. What do you think of Miette? Nickname [name]Mia[/name]?
[name]How[/name] bout a middle name to go with? thanks.

A friend of mine is expecting her first baby (a boy) in a couple of weeks. She had picked out the name Miette in the event she might have a girl, and is looking forward to using Miette in the future for a daughter. I think Miette is an adorable name. I don’t think it requires any formal nickname, but I can see it being natural to call her [name]Mia[/name] sometimes. Of course, if you want to her to go by [name]Mia[/name], that’s fine. I think I would be inclined to call her Miette.

[name]How[/name] about:

Miette [name]Francesca[/name]
Miette [name]Claire[/name]
Miette [name]Alexandra[/name]
Miette [name]Theodora[/name]

It’s a cute name :slight_smile: And it may be a cute term of endearment. And you may not mind, but it does mean “crumb.” If that doesn’t bug you, then I think it’s adorable and unique.

It is from the word mette, meta and mean pearl. it is diminutive form from margareth

I know a miette.

Miette means crumb in french, like the kind from a cookie or other food. Ramasse-miette means garbage collector in French, its a little roller that sweeps the crumbs off a table, so I don’t think it’s a good name. Also, I think that’s the problem with some word names I wouldn’t want my name used in reference to trash/food.

@gentareamber I don’t think it has anything to do with the word pearl.

I feel like maybe I’m being a little unfair about miette and since youre looking for opinions I thought you might want to see how it’s perceived in its country or origin. Here’s a link to some info, if you don’t speak French I’m sure you can find a translator online

I would also like to suggest mirette and [name]Mariette[/name] as alternatives if you like “ette” names, I would not use minette though because even though it sounds similar it has sexual connotations.

The original post was made almost two years ago, haha, I don’t think they’re really interested any more. I thought the info was interesting, though. :slight_smile: I actually like Miette–my friend in [name]France[/name] named one of her daughters Avelaine, and her nn was Miette, which I think is cute. :slight_smile: