Opinions needed on this name

So given that we have a one syllable last name, I’m thinking of [name]Josiah[/name]. What do you think of this name, and do you know what nicknames are associated with it? (We don’t like [name]Joe[/name] at all and also would like to know if this is a potential nickname). [name]Do[/name] you know anyone with this name and what their nicknames are if any?
Thanks!

When I was little my friend’s younger brother was [name]Josiah[/name]. That was very unusual at the time. He was usually called [name]Josiah[/name], but sometimes they called him [name]Joe[/name]. He was only about 2 when they moved away, so I don’t know what he thinks of his name or if he ended up with more nicknames. If you really don’t like [name]Joe[/name] I don’t think I’d use [name]Josiah[/name], personally. I like [name]Joe[/name], though. It’s simple and masculine, classic. A boy might like to have that option with an unusual name like [name]Josiah[/name]. Oh! His brother was [name]Nickolai[/name], you might like that as well.

On the [name]West[/name] [name]Wing[/name], the President was named [name]Josiah[/name] and he went by [name]Jed[/name], which I like. I used to know a [name]Josiah[/name], he’d be about 9 years old now, but he didn’t go by a nickname. I like [name]Josiah[/name], especially with the nickname [name]Jed[/name].

A good friend of mine’s husband is named [name]Josiah[/name]. When he was small he was called [name]Josie[/name], which they later named their daughter as a namesake. I think that [name]Josie[/name] is cute for a small [name]Josiah[/name], but as they grow it will inevitably be seen as girl’s name.

I have a good friend named [name]Josiah[/name] who goes by [name]Si[/name], it’s a great alternative to [name]Joe[/name] at least I think so :slight_smile:

PS I love the name [name]Josiah[/name]! so Handsome