Opinions needed!

Hi again Berries!! Pressure is on to pick the name for my babe! Thank you all so much for the unbiased, outside opinions you’ve already given me! It honestly helps so much to just have outside thoughts! You all rock!
DH and I are pretty much decided…but I just want some final thoughts. Big sis is [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. We have [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] lined up for lil sis buut it does bother me that its popular and “expected” for a sibling name. Buut…do agree that’s kind of a lame reason if we love the name. Other choice is [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. Looove the same initial going on. And it does have similiar “classiness” as [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] right? Or am I believing what I want (lol never know at this point!). To me if it’s the same “person” I choose [name_f]Clara[/name_f]…but is it? I can also see [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] being a spit fire…and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] quiet and sweet. Which then makes me like [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u].
DH isnt quite sold on [name_f]Clara[/name_f] so in keeping with C names he suggested [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] claiming its “practically the same as [name_f]Clara[/name_f].” [name_f]Do[/name_f] you agree? Is it? What type of people do you see when you hear these names? Sorry if this post is getting waay to detailed! Names are the only thing on my brain at this point!

I don’t think that [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is expected at all with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. I think they complement each other well without being obvious. To be honest, I think that [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is a little too matchy. However, [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] sounds beautiful.

3 Likes

I’ve never quite understood the picturing a person in a name. I think both evelyns and claras can be spit fires. Your raising them
Is what will be that ultimate influence. I am still Team [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] second vote would be [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] but I’m not sure if [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] would work… would kind of sound like [name_f]Carry[/name_f] Me

2 Likes

Clara like clahhhrahhh
Or claira?
I like clarah
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is super popular right now but I do love the name. I have a cousin who named his baby [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and she sure has a lot of spunk and personality with the looks to match! She’s a cutie.
Never met a [name_f]Clara[/name_f] I don’t think :black_heart:

1 Like

Carrie is not even close to [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. Sorry hubby lol. And I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] matches [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] better

6 Likes

Clara would be my first choice for you. Elegant, bright and sophisticated.

Evelyn would be my next choice. Popular but for a reason. Sweet, versatile and lovely.

Carrie would be my last choice. There’s nothing wrong with it, but it comes from [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] typically, which is another form of [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. That could either be a cute link or a bit weird - I’m undecided

4 Likes

I felt the same way!

Evelyn and Clara are both beautiful names and pair well with Charlotte. Perhaps Carrie as a nickname for Clara? It’s not super intuitive but it does work. That way you and your husband can both get names you like. Another option is Evelyn Clara.

1 Like

A few thoughts.

1. Charlotte has become extremely popular. However, it is a classic name and you both love it so I don’t think popularity should be allowed to cause you worry.

2. While I personally prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] to [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] do have a bit of similarity. Nothing bad, but maybe present.

3. Clara seems more classic to me than [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. I think of [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] as belonging more to the 60’s and 70’s than now, but I think I’m inaccurate because many seem to be choosing it now.

4. Neither [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], nor [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] summon up an image to me of spitfires. They all sound like nice, pleasant, quiet girls.

5. Clara and [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] are so not practically the same name. That’s like something my dear husband would say. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is strong, beautiful, kind, gentle and [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] to me sounds like an elderly lunch lady at the school cafeteria.

6. Clarissa? [name_f]Clarimond[/name_f]? [name_f]Clarion[/name_f]? [name_f]Clary[/name_f]? [name_f]Corisande[/name_f]? [name_f]Claret[/name_f]? [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]? [name_f]Eve[/name_f]? [name_f]Evadne[/name_f]?

7. It is never a lame reason to choose a name because you love it. It is, for me, the only reason to choose a name!

3 Likes

My best friend chose [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] (both very popular) but they loooove it and her daughter is darling, nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f]. [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] are a great pairing. I have seen some of your other posts and you clearly love it! That means a lot. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you 100% love [name_f]Clara[/name_f]? If not and he doesn’t either, that could lead to name regret. So go with what you love. And if you both can’t love it for whatever reason(s), one needs to be over the moon about it vs. both settling slightly. At least this is what me and my husband have come to after our [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] debate :joy:

3 Likes

We were thinking that too for the nn!

1 Like

I know one [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and she is incredibly spunky. I honestly think [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] sounds more uptight than [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] nn [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] can get you all what you want, and has a spunkier nickname for [name_f]Clara[/name_f]!!

1 Like

thank you for this!

I really like [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]

Random question because I’ve been seeing this a lot, what does DH stand for?

1 Like

Dear Husband

1 Like

Clara is my favorite. I actually picture a [name_f]Clara[/name_f] as very fun and spunky, where an [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is more refined for some reason. [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] would be my second favorite, and I’m less of a fan of [name_f]Carrie[/name_f], but I do love [name_f]Caroline[/name_f].

1 Like

Ah thanks!

[quote=“[name_u]Harvest[/name_u]-[name_u]Endellion[/name_u], post:9, topic:359035”]
and Carrie to me sounds like an elderly lunch lady at the school cafeteria.
[/quote]

See this is why I don’t really get the name imagining thing. I hear [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] and all I default to is Underwood and she’s anything but lunch ladylike

1 Like

Well, that is just an image that comes to me. [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] Underwood is the image that comes to you. Best to stick with yours! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] over [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] but I have a pet peeve for matching initials (no offence) so want to say [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. I think [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] & [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] make an adorable sibset, though [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] & [name_f]Clara[/name_f] does too.
[name_f]Carrie[/name_f] is okay but it doesn’t excite me a lot. It’s kind of “meh”. I prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] or [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u].
I agree with Alix2016 about personalities.

1 Like