Opinions on baby girls name..

Ok so my girl and I have picked out a name and would just like some feedback on the name…Her name will be Jaiyla J’[name]Lea[/name]…what are yalls opinions on the name?

I think Jaiyla and J’[name]Lea[/name] sound too similar to go together.

If you want Jaiyla so be pronounced ‘jay-la,’ then I would spell it that way. Three vowels in a row (AIY) is really confusing, and the Jail bit makes me think of jail.

The middle name rhymes with the first-- do you want them to be really similar? I don’t like apostrophes in the middle of the name, I would rather spell out the pronunciation. I think you probably want a really unique, really special, one-of-a-kind name for your daughter, which is very sweet. But the apostrophe is just confusing.

So I would pick [name]Jayla[/name], and maybe work on the middle to make it a little more distinct from [name]Jayla[/name].

[name]Do[/name] you like:

[name]Jacinda[/name]
Janavi
Jalandra
[name]Julissa[/name]
[name]Janelle[/name]
[name]Jamiya[/name]
[name]Janiah[/name]
[name]Jasmina[/name] (so pretty!)
[name]Javiera[/name] (like [name]Xavier[/name], but feminine)
[name]Jeannique[/name]
[name]Jessenia[/name]
Jillaine
[name]Joelle[/name]
Johari
[name]Jorelle[/name]
Josseline
[name]Jovana[/name]
[name]Jovienne[/name]
[name]Justyna[/name]
[name]Justice[/name]
Jyoti

I think they all sound great with [name]Jayla[/name], but I like [name]Jayla[/name] [name]Jasmina[/name], [name]Jayla[/name] [name]Jovienne[/name], and [name]Jayla[/name] [name]Jorelle[/name] a lot.

Any family you want to honor?

Btw it’s nice to see a dad take such an interest in his little girls name. Best to you both and congrats on your daughter.

I think it looks ghetto to be perfectly honest. The spelling is over the top and does not follow the rules of phonetics. Is it supposed to be [name]Jayla[/name] Jalia? If so, just spell it that way.

Funny how you said justice that is my girls last name…lol we were also just thinking [name]Lea[/name] as her middle thats my girls middle name…She wanted something of her name in the babies name [name]Jennifer[/name] lea justice is hers…any ideas would be great. She really likes jaylee as her first

I think just [name]Lea[/name] in the middle is a good idea, it’s very pretty and straightforward. [name]Jaylee[/name] is cute, but maybe TOO cute? [name]Will[/name] age well? Are you set on a J name or are you open to anything?

Had the same thoughts on jaylee that is why I ran jaiyla by her hmm but seems the spelling is frowned upon but I myself thought it look pretty spelt like that I mean it breaks down to jaala is where jaiyla came from…no not truly set our minds are open to any ideas

Have you checked out behindthename? It’s a nice resource, I use it quite often.

Not knowing 100% what your style is, here are some suggestions:

[name]Jael[/name]
[name]Jalila[/name] - I’ve always loved this, it has such a pretty meaning “Exalted”, and it also kind of has the “lea” / “lee” sound in it.
Jalena
[name]Joselyn[/name]
Jyoti - I second this suggestion for you! It’s got such an interesting spelling already without changing it, the meaning is beautiful “light” and the pronunciation is so pretty.(jyo-tee).I think Jyoti [name]Lea[/name] would be incredible. (This is a Sanskrit name).

If you want to use [name]Lea[/name] in the middle, [name]Jaylee[/name] or [name]Jayla[/name] might be a bit much. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Jayne[/name], [name]Janie[/name] or [name]Janelle[/name]? I really like [name]Blade[/name]'s suggestions of [name]Joelle[/name], [name]Janiah[/name] or [name]Jasmina[/name] for you.
What about:
[name]Joelle[/name] [name]Leanna[/name]
[name]Janiah[/name] [name]Lea[/name]
[name]Jasmina[/name] [name]Lea[/name]
[name]Janelle[/name] [name]Leah[/name]
[name]Jayla[/name] [name]Lane[/name]
[name]Jaylee[/name] [name]Lauren[/name]

Exotic J-names:
Jalia (clear - Arabic)
[name]Jaya[/name] (victory - Sanskrit)
[name]Jamila[/name] (beautiful - Arabic)
Juhi (a flower - Sanskrit origin, also the name of a Bollywood actress)
[name]Junia[/name] (I know someone with this name)

Oh, by the way - Jyoti - suggested by [name]Flick[/name] and [name]Blade[/name] - is my name.

Honestly, it’s awful. Jaiyla and J’[name]Lea[/name] are both random inventions that are entirely too similar to be used together. What about these?

Aelia (eye-[name]LEE[/name]-ah) - [name]Roman[/name] name, possibly meaning “sun”
[name]Alaia[/name] (ul-EYE-ah) - Basque name meaning “joyful”
[name]Ayala[/name] (eye-ah-LAH) - Hebrew name meaning “doe, gazelle”
[name]Jalila[/name] - Arabic name meaning “important, exalted”
[name]Jolie[/name] - French name meaning “pretty”

All of these have similar sounds to those in Jaiyla and J’[name]Lea[/name]. If you’re set on Jaiyla, spell it Jayla.

If the baby is going to have your last name as her last name, then [name]Justice[/name] would be pretty awesome in the middle. [name]Baby[/name]'s mom would get to pass on her name in a cool, unique way. “[name]Justice[/name]” is a very uplifting name that will serve your daughter well throughout life.

She doesn’t like [name]Jayla[/name], but she does like [name]Jaylee[/name]. I would use that then-- [name]Jaylee[/name] [name]Justice[/name]. Very very nice, and easy to spell/pronounce. And as a bonus, [name]Jaylee[/name] is almost exactly like “J. [name]Lea[/name],” for “[name]Jennifer[/name] [name]Lea[/name].”

But seriously, spell it how you want, just avoid “jail.”