Opinions on boy names...Ozias?

I don’t know if its a boy or girl, but I love boy names that end with s.

My fave right now is [name]Ozias[/name], but honest opinions on that name would be appreciated. I want to pronounce it “oh-zias” not “ah-zias” but I want to have the nn [name]Ozi[/name] (pronounced “ah-zee”) if we want. [name]Do[/name] you think that is too weird to change “oh” to “ah” (as in [name]Ozi[/name]?) for the nn?

Others I like:

[name]Titus[/name]
[name]Esaias[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]

Others that I like but can’t use:
[name]Linus[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]

Any other ideas? My daughter’s name is [name]Tovah[/name]. Thank you so much for your thoughts!

[name]Ozias[/name] isn’t 100 % my style, but I do love [name]Elias[/name], [name]Linus[/name] and [name]Silas[/name], so I appreciate your love of the -as /-us names! I think it would be fine to nickname him [name]Ozzie[/name] (though I prefer this spelling to [name]Ozi[/name] if you want it to be pronounced [name]Ah[/name]-zee). A few other names that you might like:

[name]Julius[/name]
[name]Mathias[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name]

Good luck!

I immediately thought of [name]Josias[/name], which has the same sound while being a little more user-friendly.

Other ideas:
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Amos[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Innis[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Matthias[/name]
[name]Cyrus[/name] (love [name]Cy[/name] as nn)
[name]Curtis[/name] (a personal fave)

I don’t have a problem with [name]Ozias[/name], other than the two long o’s doesn’t make for a fluid combo ([name]Tovah[/name] and [name]Ozias[/name]); I’d also recommend spelling the nn [name]Ozzy[/name] to get your point across. ([name]Ozzy[/name] is super cute!)

While [name]Ozias[/name] isn’t my style (too far out there for me), it does have a nice sound. I would have pronounced it [name]Ah[/name]-zee-as, as when I see “[name]Oz[/name],” I immediately think of the [name]Wizard[/name] of [name]Oz[/name] (and I’m guessing I’m not alone.) The name is also spelled as [name]Osias[/name], which would eliminate the pronuncation issues, I think, and would still enable you to nickname him [name]Ozzie[/name] (I think you need two z’s in there).

[name]Titus[/name]: For me, this is just too heavy a name for a child, and I’m concerned about the whole “tit” thing.

[name]Esaias[/name]: This one looks too scrambled for me, and I prefer [name]Osias[/name].

[name]Elias[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] this one!

Others that I like but can’t use:
[name]Linus[/name]-Not a fan (think of Peanuts…)
[name]Silas[/name]- I think of the crazy monk in the DaVinci Code

[name]Anders[/name]
[name]Angus[/name]
[name]Cadmus[/name]
[name]Gus[/name]
[name]Harris[/name]
[name]Ignatius[/name]
[name]Lazarus[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Mingus[/name]
[name]Remus[/name]
[name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Augustus[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Davis[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Maximus[/name]

Best wishes!

(Edited to remove my oopsie about [name]Osias[/name] being Biblical. Uh, yeah. I don’t know what I was thinking there!) :slight_smile:

I love [name]Elias[/name] like crazy because it sounds beautiful and it’s Greek. I’m not Greek-wish I were-but I just love Greek names. Also love [name]Oscar[/name]. But [name]Ozias[/name] is too out there for me. Okay, I just looked up [name]Ozias[/name] and it is Greek! Now I like it better-isn’t that amazing?

[name]Susan[/name], you’re hilarious! Thanks for a good laugh to start the day.