Opinions on boys' names

Our last name is [name]Bertram[/name].

At 27 weeks, we are at a total loss about what to name our baby boy. We are looking for something that sounds smart and masculine. Here are a few we’ve been considering lately:

[name]Hart[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Anders[/name]
[name]Warner[/name]

I’d appreciate your thoughts & feedback on these, or other suggestions you may have for us!

One of my favorite “smart” sounding names is [name]Edward[/name] with the nn [name]Ward[/name].

[name]Hart[/name] - This makes me think of [name]Melissa[/name] [name]Joan[/name] [name]Hart[/name]. I think it works as a nn, but not a full name.

[name]Owen[/name] - A bit on the popular side for me.

[name]Anders[/name] - I think I like this!

[name]Warner[/name] - This sounds all ivy league to me. Not that I don’t like it, though :slight_smile:

[name]Hart[/name] - interesting, handsome and fun - I really like this one. It can also be a nn for [name]Harold[/name] and [name]Richard[/name], which I like as he then would have a more conservative full name to fall back on.
[name]Owen[/name] - personally, I’m not that fond of [name]Owen[/name] as I feel all of the vowel sounds make it sound unappealing. I have that problem with a lot of names, though, like [name]Euan[/name] and [name]Ian[/name] - it’s just a personal thing.
[name]Anders[/name] - handsome. I don’t quite like it as much as [name]Hart[/name], but still handsome.
[name]Warner[/name] - I may be alone in being reminded of the nasty rich guy in Legally Blonde …

So, my vote definitely goes to [name]Hart[/name], preferably with [name]Harold[/name] or [name]Richard[/name] to back it up! Oh, it could also be short for the [name]German[/name] [name]Hartmann[/name], but that hardly makes it more conservative.

Gppd luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

What about [name]Oliver[/name] or [name]Max[/name] or [name]Nicholas[/name]? Can’t get much more masculine than that.

Out of those I prefer [name]Anders[/name]. And to me, [name]Hart[/name] sounds far from masculine.

[name]Walter[/name] ([name]Walt[/name] for short). Sounds good with your surname.

[name]Hart[/name] - It’s okay. I wouldn’t use it as a fn, but I think it would be nice as a mn.
[name]Owen[/name] - I like it a lot, but it’s too popular for my personal taste.
[name]Anders[/name] - I love it! It’s on my list.
[name]Warner[/name] - I love it, again! It’s at the top of my list. It’s so handsome and slightly unique.