Opinions on Camden

I love the name [name]Camden[/name] for a boy…but am worried that it is to much of a unisex name. I really wanted a strong boy name, and not a name that could be used for a girl. But for some reason, I am drawn to this name. What do you all think?

I would only associate [name]Camden[/name] as a boy’s name.

I don’t think I’ve heard of it on girls, but by current naming trends, it will be soon.

I’ve only heard [name]Camden[/name] as a girls’ name.

[name]Camden[/name] is very unisex and trendy. Sorry :frowning:

I love the name [name]Camden[/name] for a boy or for a unisex middle for a girl. I can see this being used as a first name for a girl, I actually like it but wouldn’t use it. All that said I still prefer it for a boys name and wouldn’t think it sounded “girly”.

I don’t think of this as a girly name (although I wouldn’t be surprised to meet a girl [name]Camden[/name]), but it also doesn’t strike me as a very strong boy name. Maybe because of the [name]Cam[/name] beginning sound. It’s very trendy.

I don’t think it’s long before we have [name]Camdyn[/name] (for girls). Also, fwiw, I HATE this name. It reminds me of [name]Camden[/name], NJ which is a crappy town. It also is way too trendy and, I’m sorry to say, a little downmarket.

This is a boy’s name to me, I have never heard it used on girls.

[name]Just[/name] to add - I’ve loved this name since I use to make soap years ago. There is a soap supply company called [name]Camden[/name]-[name]Grey[/name]. I think [name]Camden[/name] [name]Grey[/name]/[name]Gray[/name] would make a nice combo.

I think it works for both genders. I like it for a boy a lot though. It is definitely handsome and I prefer it to [name]Cameron[/name]. I also like [name]Hayden[/name] for a boy and [name]Brody[/name].

That’s exactly the sort of thing to avoid. One of the standard rules for baby naming should be, “If the full name is close to a company name, it’s bad.” Possible examples: [name]Mark[/name] [name]Spencer[/name], [name]Irwin[/name] [name]Williams[/name], [name]Gaston[/name] [name]Martin[/name].

For anyone who still thinks of it as a boy’s name… remember that a female [name]Camden[/name] will likely be [name]Cammy[/name], like many female Camerons.

Personally, I think of it as a boy’s name! And I think it’s very cute!!

That’s exactly the sort of thing to avoid. One of the standard rules for baby naming should be, “If the full name is close to a company name, it’s bad.” Possible examples: [name]Mark[/name] [name]Spencer[/name], [name]Irwin[/name] [name]Williams[/name], [name]Gaston[/name] [name]Martin[/name].

For anyone who still thinks of it as a boy’s name… remember that a female [name]Camden[/name] will likely be [name]Cammy[/name], like many female Camerons.[/quote]

I wouldn’t intentionally name my child after a company. The company [name]Camden[/name] [name]Grey[/name] is probably really only known to those who make soaps, lotions ect. I try to google any name combos that I like before I get my heart too set them just in case they are shared by an unsavory person ect. However it was a name shared with a company I wouldn’t mind so much. Actually a name combo I really love is shared with a popular antique store. I don’t think having a name close to a company is all that bad if it’s a great name and you love it. It would be hard to find a name you love if you had too many factors of what to “avoid” when naming your child. When naming my first child I didn’t look it up nor did I see how popular it was. I chose her name because I loved it and I’ve never had a single regret.

I think [name]Camden[/name] is a lovely name! I’ve personally never heard it used on a girl, although I definitely could see someone using it.
I don’t think that just because a name is unisex, it can’t be strong on a boy. For instance, I think [name]Kelly[/name] is extremely strong on a man. Then again, that’s my own opinion! :slight_smile:
I think that if you love it, feel free to use it, but if your hesitations are too strong, maybe we could help you find another name you would love just as much?

Good luck!

I can see the appeal- it is cute… however, if you visit [name]Camden[/name], NJ, you would never name a child after it. Unfortunately, the city ruins it for me!

I can see the appeal- it is cute… however, if you visit [name]Camden[/name], NJ, you would never name a child after it. Unfortunately, the city ruins it for me!

I think [name]Camden[/name] is Masculine, how do you feel about [name]Cambry[/name]?

Thanks everyone for all your replies. Since it is the only name that my husband and I can agree on, right now it is the name. We can’t agree on anything else! I love [name]Griffen[/name] and wish he would just fall in love with that one, but so far no. He loves [name]Owen[/name], which I like but it is just to popular for me. So…for right now, [name]Camden[/name] is it! Thanks again !

I love love the name [name]Camden[/name]. It was the first name hubby and I agreed on. We decided on [name]Camden[/name] [name]Julius[/name], this way he can always go by CJ as well. I do understand the association with New [name]Jersey[/name], but I still love it. I say go for it :slight_smile: congrats!