Opinions on Day/Month names?

So it might just be a “name phase” for me, but I’m loving the names [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f], [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f], [name_u]November[/name_u], and [name_u]March[/name_u]. Probably for middle names.

This is hypothetical right now, but I’m wondering if these would seem “usable” and cute as middle names, or a bit too much.

I love [name_u]March[/name_u]! Then again, it’s always seemed to be a cool name to me–it’s my birth month, I like that it could honor the veterans in my family, and it just seems like an artsy month name. Plus, [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women!

[name_u]November[/name_u] is a bit too out-there for me–I knew one, and it always seemed odd on her. Plus, she was somewhat of a holy terror, so it’s not a great association for me, anyhow. [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] and [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] could be intriguing, but I wouldn’t want to use them without significance? I think [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] is beyond cute, but I think most people like it for religious reasons, maybe? But though I’m a [name_m]Christian[/name_m], my denomination doesn’t worship on Sundays, so it just seems rather dumb for me to use it lol.

I like [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] and [name_u]March[/name_u] (because of the Addams family and [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women). [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]May[/name_f], and [name_u]August[/name_u] too! Some are more usable than others though I think. [name_u]November[/name_u] could be harder unless you have a nickname.

I like the names you’ve mentioned and think they could work very well as middle names. I’m not sure I’d use a day name as a first name. For months, I’d definitely consider using some as first names, but not [name_u]March[/name_u].

too much for me. imo only [name_f]May[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u] can pass for names. i suppose i can give a pass to [name_u]March[/name_u] and [name_u]August[/name_u], but by little. the rest, especially days of the week, just seem totally random and they don’t sound at all like names.

I can’t see them as names, personally. I understand [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] as a name - somehow that works, but not the other days. [name_u]March[/name_u] sounds too harsh to me to be a name.

I love [name_u]January[/name_u] and [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f]- but they are definitely guilty pleasures!

Some month names I like, and here is a list:
[name_u]March[/name_u]
[name_f]April[/name_f]
[name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]November[/name_u] (only as a mn)
the -embers seem a bit to much, but could work for a middle)

I think they are lovely!

This. [name_u]March[/name_u] is my favourite month name too and for the same reasons. It’s my birth month and, of course, [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women!

I knew a little girl named [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]. She was sweet and smart, the name gave her a bit of an edge, and didn’t seem too weird once you got used to it.
Anyway, as a middle name, I think you are good!

I like [name_f]May[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u] for middle names. What about seasons? [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] or [name_f]Summer[/name_f]?

I think as fn they always feel a bit out there for me but as mn’s I think they are fun and whimsical.

There are of course a few that seem more “normal”:

• [name_f]May[/name_f]
  • [name_u]June[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] ([name_m]Adams[/name_m])
  • [name_u]August[/name_u]

I do think that books like “The Girls Who Circumvented Fairyland…” help normalize the others by having main characters with month names - in this case [name_f]September[/name_f].

Here’s my hang up. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you give your child the name [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] if they are born on a [name_m]Saturday[/name_m]? [name_m]Even[/name_m] as a mn?