Opinions on Hilda/Hilde or Zelda?

Hello! Looking for a Nordic name, I know Zelda is not quite Nordic but it is old Germanic and has the same meaning/element as the original derivation, Hildr; I like the sound of it, but also into Hilda/Hilde. What image do these names invoke to you? Would also love more suggestions of similar names. Thank you in advance!

1 Like

I love the name [name_f]Hilda[/name_f]! I met a girl once with that name and I loved it ever since it was beautiful! I also love the [name_f]Hilde[/name_f] variation! Unfortunately while I love [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] it’s not my baby taste, I see it as nerdy due to the game :sweat_smile: and also be wary of the strong connection to [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] though I think it’s darling!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing! I love the meaning and origin of [name_f]Hilda[/name_f]/Hilde being a [name_f]Valkyrie[/name_f], but noticed that this name is hardly talked about so I wanted more opinions!

I personally don’t mind the video game reference as I actually love the game (not the reason I am looking into the name) and I think the character is admirable, nothing negative. [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] also named his daughter after the game :slight_smile: I am glad you find it to be darling and [name_f]Hilda[/name_f] to be beautiful! Thanks again!

Thank you for your opinion! Seems like [name_f]Hilda[/name_f] is winning so far, I am glad it is a loved name :blush:

I prefer [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] because [name_f]Hilda[/name_f] where I live is old lady-ish without being cool and [name_f]Hilde[/name_f] is not my cup of tea. BUT I do definitely see the appeal of [name_f]Hilda[/name_f] and think it could be made cool by being used for a cute baby girl. [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] strikes me as being a very modern and mature name, but I like it.

I have some suggestions with a nordic connection, but I’m not sure they’re your style:

Saga
[name_f]Annalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Thyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]; it seems cool, and it’s a family name for me. It could have been my name! [name_f]Hilda[/name_f] is nice, but a little more old-fashioned. [name_f]Hilde[/name_f] is not really my style.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Hilde[/name_f] more, though [name_f]Hilda[/name_f] is also very nice.
I do like [name_f]Zelda[/name_f], its cool and fun, but it is very tied to the video game for me, so I personally wouldnt use it. But I would love to meet a little one named [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Hilda[/name_f]! Bold and strong

1 Like

Together, they make me think of the aunts from [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] the Teenage Witch and I’d probably think of that separately too, because I love the reboot but it isn’t too popular if that bothers you. I prefer [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] to [name_f]Hilda[/name_f] because it sounds more modern and I love the unique z at the beginning. [name_f]Hilda[/name_f]/e is a bit old lady to me.

1 Like

I really love [name_f]Zelda[/name_f], it has a mysterious witchy vibe to it.

1 Like

I absolutely love [name_f]Hilda[/name_f]! [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] is lovely, too, but [name_f]Hilda[/name_f] sounds more fresh and exciting to me.

1 Like

Thank you for your opinion and name suggestions! I do see what you mean about [name_f]Hilda[/name_f]/e, I just really loved the strong meaning. Out of your suggestions, I do love [name_f]Freya[/name_f] and [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]! I have considered those names before but my mother wasn’t too fond of them haha.

1 Like

That is lovely that [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] is a family name for you! Thanks for sharing :blush:

1 Like

I am leaning more towards [name_f]Hilde[/name_f] than [name_f]Hilda[/name_f] as well. I personally do not mind the video game association with [name_f]Zelda[/name_f], but it is good to know there are some people out there who thinks of that upon hearing the name. Thank you!

Agreed :slight_smile: the meaning makes me think of a stunning, noble and strong girl. Thank you!

I definitely would not use it together because of the show, as you mentioned haha. I never watched the show but I do hear about it here and there, but the association does not bother me :slight_smile: Thank you for your opinion! I do agree that the beginning letter Z makes it very pleasant and cool

1 Like

Thank you very much! I get that feeling from [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] too, which is lovely

Thank you!! I have that feeling about [name_f]Hilda[/name_f] as well, I know some people find it to be old lady-ish but I think it is warm, earthy, and as you said, fresh sounding :blush:

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]! So, so cool and mysterious sounding. I personally don’t think [name_f]Hilda[/name_f] is ready for a comeback.

1 Like

I like the mysterious aspect of [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] a lot.

Maybe in a few more years, some movie will come out with a chic character called [name_f]Hilda[/name_f] haha! I see what you mean though, thank you for commenting :blush: