Opinions on Mae?

So I’ve been really digging the name [name]Maizie[/name] lately but I think it sounds way too nicknamey to use as a stand alone first name. I’d been racking my brain trying to come up with a full name I liked for it when last night it hit me - why not just use [name]Mae[/name]? I think [name]Mae[/name] has a lot of vintage charm, plus it’s a family name so extra points for that, and the nickname [name]Maizie[/name] really jazzes it up. So WDYT? Am I crazy? Is [name]Mae[/name] too old lady to use or is it ready for a comeback?

• [name]Pansy[/name]

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Mae[/name]!!! SO pretty!!! I would pair it with a longer MN. [name]Mae[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] is one I have thought of… Really [name]Mae[/name] is a winner on so many levels to me… Classic, elegant, with a hint of vintage appeal. :slight_smile:

I am in love with [name]Mae[/name]! My last name starts with M so thinking the MM alliteration is stunning as in [name]Mae[/name] Mobley from The Help.

Also think that [name]Maisie[/name] as nn for [name]Mae[/name] is really interesting. [name]LOVE[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Mae[/name]! Classy, sweet, vintage, it’s got everything going for it. I think it requires a longer mn, at least three syllables, but it’s gorgeous! [name]Maizie[/name] is a great nn too!

I love [name]Mae[/name] too. If my husband didn’t dislike it, I’d use it as a first name on its own in a second.
I know a 3 year old [name]Mae[/name] who goes by MaeMae at the moment, [name]Maizie[/name] is adorable!

I love [name]Mae[/name]! Somebody on this board chose [name]Mae[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] I believe, and I just think it’s gorgeous! :slight_smile:

Going to go against the love train and say it sounds too nick-namey and cutesy for me. :S

Lots of nameberries love [name]Mae[/name]. I don’t I feel like it is going to be the next filler style name.

If you like [name]Maisie[/name] (spelt like this) name baby [name]Margaret[/name] with nn of [name]Maisie[/name]

rollo

I love [name]Mae[/name] and I think that [name]Mae[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a stunning combo

I love the idea of [name]Mae[/name] nn [name]Maisie[/name]/[name]Maizie[/name]! I like the [name]Maisie[/name] spelling more, but I think it totally works. I think [name]Mae[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Mae[/name] [name]Arabella[/name] are lovely combos…

I love [name]Mae[/name] and [name]May[/name]. I prefer [name]Maizie[/name] with an “s”, as with a “z” it looks too clunky. [name]Mae[/name] nn [name]Maisie[/name] would be lovely :slight_smile:

I prefer the spelling [name]May[/name], but I think it’s a perfectly lovely name! [name]Maisie[/name] would be a cute pet name, sorta like [name]Suzy[/name] Q. I would think she would go by [name]Mae[/name] to the rest of the world and be [name]Maisie[/name] (MN here) to her loving mum =D

I love the PP’s suggestion of [name]Mae[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]…I also suggest

[name]Mae[/name] [name]Justine[/name]
[name]Mae[/name] [name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Mae[/name] [name]Fleurette[/name]
[name]Mae[/name] [name]Alouette[/name]
[name]Mae[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Mae[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Mae[/name] [name]Perdita[/name]

[name]Mae[/name] is very sweet, and would definitely make for an uncommon choice, if you’re one who’s concerned with popularity.
I’d love to see as well as hear of a few more [name]Mae[/name]'s/[name]May[/name]'s.

I like [name]Mae[/name] & think it would work just fine on it’s own.
Another option for a longer or more formal name would be to hyphenate: [name]Annie[/name]-[name]Mae[/name], [name]Sarah[/name]-[name]Mae[/name], [name]Katherine[/name]-[name]Mae[/name]…etc…

My daughter’s mn is [name]Mae[/name]. [name]Seven[/name] years ago, when I was first considering it, I posted on a baby name forum to get opinions. I was shot down for choosing a “hillbilly” name! Obviously, I thought it was pretty then, and I still do!

I love [name]Mae[/name] as a given name! I agree that it needs something longer as the middle name.

[name]Mae[/name] [name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Mae[/name] [name]Johanna[/name]
[name]Mae[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Mae[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Mae[/name] [name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Mae[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]

It’s cute with the nickname [name]Maisie[/name] (this spelling only).

Thank you for all the feedback! [name]Glad[/name] there are so many people who also love [name]Mae[/name]. I’ve decided I like [name]Mae[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] as a combo, now I just need to see if I can get my husband on board. Concerning the spelling, I’m usually in favor of traditional spellings but for whatever reason, I just prefer the [name]Maizie[/name] spelling.

I love [name]Mae[/name]. Have been planning to use it as the mn for my third daughter, initially to honour a great aunt, but mostly because it is so sweet and vintage. But reading your post, now I’m wondering if I could convince my husband to use it as a first name!

I really like [name]Mae[/name] as well. It’s an option for us as well. Sometimes we arent’ sure if it’s “enough” of a name, but I do think it’s beautiful, simple, classic, sweet. Your nickname is adorable too. I like that it’s usually used as a middle name and is more rare as a first name.
Good luck!

[name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Mae[/name]! So sweet, vintage, and has this understated beauty that I love. I also love the nn Maisie!! I think if you went with something like Mae Louise (my favorite combo at the moment) you could easily get the nn Maisie. I would call her by her double name a lot so that the transition to “Maisie” feels seameless and instinctual.