Opinions on my daughter's top girl names?

Jacqueline, Alessia, & Sylvia (Sylvie)?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

They’re all nice names! Is your daughter expecting?

Jacqueline is a little dated, but I think it sounds super cute and still really like it.

Alessia is pretty! I’m not a fan of the nickname Ally though, so Alessia is probably my least favourite of the three.

Sylvia is an underappreciated classic, and Sylvie is very sweet.

I also noticed that you changed this topic from boy names to girl names, and from the boy names you mentioned my favourite was Julian.

1 Like

Lol yes, I forgot this was a girls names only forum. [name_u]Julian[/name_u] is her fave too.

No, my daughter is only 17. She just loves names, much like her mother :laughing:.

I’ve told her [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] was dated, but it doesn’t bother her at the moment. She’s loved it since she was a little girl, not sure where she first heard it.

Thank you for your feedback. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooh, I see! Don’t worry about it haha, accidents happen.
Your daughter is always welcome to join nameberry too, as another name lover!

1 Like

Depending on how old your daughter is, [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] may be ready for a revival by then.

[name_f]Alessia[/name_f] is a name I love, so feminine and elegant. I have the nn [name_f]Sia[/name_f] for it, as well as [name_f]Lia[/name_f].

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] is actually a nice bridge between [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] and [name_f]Alessia[/name_f], combining the classic, older feel of [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] and the femininity of [name_f]Alessia[/name_f]. I’m personally a [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] lover as well, there’s something so spritely and fairylike about her.

Overall a really solid start, I definitely wouldn’t have [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] and [name_f]Alessia[/name_f] as a sibling set, they feel quite mismatched, but the names are lovely

1 Like

[name_f]Alessia[/name_f] is so warm and beautiful!
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] is sleek and pretty
[name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] is nice enough

1 Like

They’re all cute!

[name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] I really like. It has the nice [name_u]Jackie[/name_u] nickname if she wanted to use that. Looks elegant!

[name_f]Alessia[/name_f] is beautiful. I love the flow. It reminds me of [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f] but more fresh and modern. Sounds like a princess!

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] feels a little dated to me. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is cute still though.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], and would make this the full name. [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] just doesn’t have the same charm for me. I also love [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f]. Some names just don’t date for me, and this is one of them.
[name_f]Alessia[/name_f] is okay.

1 Like

Of the three I actually like [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] the best. I feel it has a classic quality. I’ve heard [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] used as a nickname and think it is so creative and current. [name_f]Alessia[/name_f] is a name not easily remembered and, for me, is confused with [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] (which I prefer) [name_f]Alexa[/name_f], [name_f]Alissa[/name_f], [name_f]Alesia[/name_f], etc [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] is a retro name gaining momentum, but it sounds “ dowdy” to me, where as [name_f]Jacquline[/name_f] sounds like a classic name. Maybe it’s the connection to [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u], but it seems to have more longevity and has been associated with more world famous individuals. Also, I hope you like the idea of the nickname [name_u]Quinn[/name_u].

1 Like